PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on NC State ILB/OLB Audie Cole???

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Not sure what to think about him. He is 6-4 and 248 lbs. He played ILB this past year at NC State but to me he looks like an outside linebacker in the mold of Brooks Reed from last years draft.

What intrigues me is that he looks to have good speed and burst, but he obviously had to play in space and coverage being that he was at ILB all year. I will admit I only picked up on him a little bit ago and am trying to find some full games to watch so I do not just see highlights, but from what I have seen, I do not see ILB as his natural position and could make that transition to OLB easier than say a DE.

Anybody watch a lot of his game or know more about him? Am I way off base with my thinking on him?

I liked what I saw of him in the Senior Bowl. A lot of whether or not he can be an OLB will depend on his 10 and 20 yard splits, vertical, and broadjump. If his splits are in the 1.5-1.6 range for the 10, he's got over a 34" vertical and he's got over a 9' broadjump, then I think there are some good possibilities for him at OLB.

Cole spent his 1st 3 seasons playing the SAM at NC State so it's not like he's never played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe