PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This means WAR.....or it should

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. In this case I respectfully disagree. Just today we saw a retraction from ESPN on two of their points, with Florio adding in on a third.

To take it one step further, the drama died down fairly quickly in my opinion. I mean, the haters are always going to be using this stuff to their advantage, but that's nothing new. After all, the story in and of itself was 8 years old!

I think they made the right choice with a public statement and then moving on, but I can see your argument. I just don't know what else they could've done about it, that's all.
Good points. And I guess to a degree, I go along with that. But they (BSPN/MFL) absolutely know what they are doing. They are playing this up in public opinion. Very few hear the retractions. No national network show it. I live between NY and Philly. The only two sports radio stations I get. I was listening to the Philly station. The ridiculous things they were saying was amazing. They were talking about whether they lost their SB to us from cheating. Fans calling in with stupid statements. They totally twisted things around. All half truths. I want reach in and slap them. And don't even get me started on the NY station (The Fan).

Good points. And I guess to a degree, I go along with that. But they (BSPN/MFL) absolutely know what they are doing. They are playing this up in public opinion. Very few hear the retractions. No national network show it. I live between NY and Philly. The only two sports radio stations I get. I was listening to the Philly station. The ridiculous things they were saying was amazing. They were talking about whether they lost their SB to us from cheating. Fans calling in with stupid statements. They totally twisted things around. All half truths. I want reach in and slap them. And don't even get me started on the NY station (The Fan).

I think I was way off with the retraction comment, as there was some confusion to the wording from some posters, along with Florio's article. I think ESPN actually doubled down and made it even worse, so maybe your original point was correct after all?

As far as the haters, I live in Pittsburgh, and I couldn't begin to put in words the amount of hate, made up stories, and overall coverage this got on Tuesday. As of Wednesday, I refused to even look at my social media, so I'm not sure if it died down or not? Overall, I think it will be just another dime a dozen accusation (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back