PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This means WAR.....or it should

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a conservative QB who is rumored to be a a Trump supporter. Of course the national liberal media is going to run the Pats organization through the mud.

Good!! I hope Brady is a conservative!! and I hope he announces it for all to hear.

I'm a firm believer in never worrying about what other people think of me regarding who I am and how I live my life. I use the same approach as a fan of the Patriots.

I honestly do not care one bit what fans outside New England think of our team. And I'll smile wide in 2 weeks when I travel to Chicago with my Patriots hat on. Anyone says something, I'll just smile....and I'm not kidding. I do it all the time when I travel.

As a matter of fact, my smile looks like this>>> :D
Agree but if you want to take down Roger, this is a tool in that goal without taking him on front and center

As pissed off as I am, I personally wouldn't feed into it with additional comments.

This is nothing more than an article containing unsubstantiated rumors about alleged cheating. We should be quite used to them by now. After all, we tend to see them about 2-3 times a year.

Continuing to address it in the press will do nothing but add fuel to the fire. All they did was rehash old information that's been going around for years.
I usually agree with this, but that Avenue has not been working. The Krafts, BB...etc. They capitulated and we've been seen as weak. It really is time to bring this to national, mainstream media as a scandal. They would love that .

Last edited:
Good!! I hope Brady is a conservative!! and I hope he announces it for all to hear.

trump isn't necessarily a conservative, but brady's dad is a republican.

We have a conservative QB who is rumored to be a a Trump supporter. Of course the national liberal media is going to run the Pats organization through the mud.

Brady is hardly a conservative... if he is, then I've yet to see proof of that

BB needs to spill the beans about what rule breaking the rest of the league does. Or at least the whiners. Glad Andy Reid has enough respect for BB to not join in on the BS. McNabb too. He didn't even want to use him being sick as an excuse.

Brady is hardly a conservative... if he is, then I've yet to see proof of that
But if he is, it's good in many ways. Most networks are liberal!

He's one person, so no one here should care if he's conservative....I know I don't. Besides, neither is preferred over the other...both parties stink.

You can disagree, but that would just make you a partisan.

Last edited:
BB needs to spill the beans about what rule breaking the rest of the league does. Or at least the whiners. Glad Andy Reid has enough respect for BB to not join in on the BS. McNabb too. He didn't even want to use him being sick as an excuse.
Here is a reference to help...
http://yourteamcheats.com/

"Bob Kraft and Bill Bellichick created the most successful sports franchise in the history of sport."

They created the Celtics?

Fixed that for you.

I want a 5th ring now more than ever.

I admit I'm not very smart in this area so I don't know if it's even possible. But I hope the nfl keeps leaking crap like this and I hope eventually it gets to the point where it's something the federal government can look into. Totally back fire on the nfl to where the ones being investigated.....we know they have alot of skeletons in their closet! It's just hard for me to accept that they can just keep trashing the pats in one way or another and nothing ever happens to them.

Did the NBA league office and the Commissioner ever personally attackl Red/ did Wide world of Sports ever do a program dedicated to pointing out every sing;le rumor and speculation? Did SI at the time runa story like the current SI just did.

Reiss' comment while cogent is also very different

Great example but this is a VERY different media culture & technology world.
Pats will ALWAYS have their victories questioned thanks to the worse than poor response from the owner starting in'07 when he failed to get the very simple request to the Commissar that the reason for the penalty be clearly & accurately described. With all the blather here & in the media back thereabout Kraft's influence especially back then, it is not reasonable to believe he could not have done that simple task had he had the fortitude to do so. Compound that with his recent surrender under mere mention of return fire.

The technology has changed tremendously, yes, but not human behavior.

Ken, why would you want the Patriots to engage in "full scale war" when that is exactly what they want, and furthermore, that this would take away from what the Patriots do best, which is winning at football?

The salient point being, is nobody remembers the long list of charges against Red, nobody remembers who brought them up or complained constantly (although Pat Riley is the exception). They only remember that Red was a winner.

Likewise, the only thing people are going to remember about Goodell was how much of a bumbling commissioner he was during his tenure and that he was one of the worst commissioners ever. That's going to be his legacy.

Meanwhile, BB is going about business exactly the way I hope that he would- by ignoring the noise and getting his team to focus on football. We'll have a good game tomorrow night and after that everything will die.

Today's society has such a short attention span, this thing will be over before we know it. Hardly worth our energy to respond to it.

We've actually won 6 more games post-spygate than we did before it (76-20 post, vs. 70-26 prior to). 1 of 3 in the SB post, vs. 3 of 3 prior. My stock answer has usually been that if we were truly cheating, then we should have lost way more often after being "caught."

The technology has changed tremendously, yes, but not human behavior.

Ken, why would you want the Patriots to engage in "full scale war" when that is exactly what they want, and furthermore, that this would take away from what the Patriots do best, which is winning at football?

The salient point being, is nobody remembers the long list of charges against Red, nobody remembers who brought them up or complained constantly (although Pat Riley is the exception). They only remember that Red was a winner.

Likewise, the only thing people are going to remember about Goodell was how much of a bumbling commissioner he was during his tenure and that he was one of the worst commissioners ever. That's going to be his legacy.

Meanwhile, BB is going about business exactly the way I hope that he would- by ignoring the noise and getting his team to focus on football. We'll have a good game tomorrow night and after that everything will die.

Today's society has such a short attention span, this thing will be over before we know it. Hardly worth our energy to respond to it.

We've actually won 6 more games post-spygate than we did before it (76-20 post, vs. 70-26 prior to). 1 of 3 in the SB post, vs. 3 of 3 prior. My stock answer has usually been that if we were truly cheating, then we should have lost way more often after being "caught."
Well written PP, and if were of that thinking, I would hope I would have been that articulate in stating that position. However, I think are unfortunately markedly different between the 2 analogies.

Consider these facts. I'm not asking for the Pats to declare war on the NFL. It's too late for that. War has already been declared by the NFL. I'm just hoping against hope that the powers at Foxboro RECOGNIZE that they are now in a war and act accordingly to defend themselves.

A couple of question for you. Would you agree (or not) that it was no coincidence that BSPN came out with their OTL story just days after the league office was getting creamed by the Berman decision.

Do you believe BSPN wrote that story at the behest of the league office?

If you believe that, then an unprecedented attack has been made on a single franchise by the league administration. An attack we both agree is full of innuendo, speculation and little actual evidence. Starting with the Welles report and moving the bar higher now, this league office is determined to bring the Pats down and if not on the field, then tarnish the Brand beyond repair.

By the time next April comes around it will be clear to all but the lunatic hater fringe, that NOTHING happened at the AFCCG. Yet the league still intends to take those picks away for no reason other than that they can. Has THAT ever happened before.

So in the end PP, war was declared on the Pats. I think we would all agree to that point at least. Now over the next 5 months someone is going to have to determine how to fight it. If we were guilty of being anything more than arrogant and good, I'd let it go, but there isn't a SINGLE piece of evidence that exists that proves we've EVER cheated, even once.

I think that one of the reasons many people hate BB and the Patriots is:

"Bill Belichick is the longest-tenured coach in the NFL, hired by the New England Patriots in 2000. Since then, the other 31 teams have used 136 different head coaches and interim head coaches, an average of 4.4 per team over 14 seasons."

Well written PP, and if were of that thinking, I would hope I would have been that articulate in stating that position. However, I think are unfortunately markedly different between the 2 analogies.

Consider these facts. I'm not asking for the Pats to declare war on the NFL. It's too late for that. War has already been declared by the NFL. I'm just hoping against hope that the powers at Foxboro RECOGNIZE that they are now in a war and act accordingly to defend themselves.

A couple of question for you. Would you agree (or not) that it was no coincidence that BSPN came out with their OTL story just days after the league office was getting creamed by the Berman decision.

Absolutely not a coincidence; it was flat-out a smear campaign by BSPN/SI that painted a picture of the Patriots as an organization that cheated, tried to get an edge, no matter how immoral, and conveniently left out any mention of other teams that have actually been caught cheating, of which there are plenty of examples. The timing (two days before the game, which is when the last crucial pre-game practice is) is also not coincidental.

Do you believe BSPN wrote that story at the behest of the league office?

There was probably some form of collusion.

If you believe that, then an unprecedented attack has been made on a single franchise by the league administration. An attack we both agree is full of innuendo, speculation and little actual evidence. Starting with the Welles report and moving the bar higher now, this league office is determined to bring the Pats down and if not on the field, then tarnish the Brand beyond repair.

By the time next April comes around it will be clear to all but the lunatic hater fringe, that NOTHING happened at the AFCCG. Yet the league still intends to take those picks away for no reason other than that they can. Has THAT ever happened before.

So in the end PP, war was declared on the Pats. I think we would all agree to that point at least. Now over the next 5 months someone is going to have to determine how to fight it. If we were guilty of being anything more than arrogant and good, I'd let it go, but there isn't a SINGLE piece of evidence that exists that proves we've EVER cheated, even once.

As the saying goes, the best revenge is living well or being successful, and I think that is what we'll see, this coming season.

In a way, we are living this revenge, because if you'll recall, the Wells investigation was during a critical time before the Superbowl, and it failed, and the NFL failed, and Goodell, Kensil, and the Colts failed, to stop us from winning the Superbowl.

Last edited:
I usually agree with this, but that Avenue has not been working. The Krafts, BB...etc. They capitulated and we've been seen as weak. It really is time to bring this to national, mainstream media as a scandal. They would love that .

I don't know. In this case I respectfully disagree. Just today we saw a retraction from ESPN on two of their points, with Florio adding in on a third.

To take it one step further, the drama died down fairly quickly in my opinion. I mean, the haters are always going to be using this stuff to their advantage, but that's nothing new. After all, the story in and of itself was 8 years old!

I think they made the right choice with a public statement and then moving on, but I can see your argument. I just don't know what else they could've done about it, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back