Welcome to PatsFans.com

This made me feel a bit better - Lombardi on the Jets prospects next year

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeSixPat, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0

This appeared a few days ago, but as of today it's making me feel a bit better looking forward.

Belichick's offseason moves didn't work out quite as planned either - but I think they've also found some quality depth in the process - and that was enough to bring them within a few plays of winning the Super Bowl this year... it's nice to think what having a non-dysfunctional offseason might do to help improve the team.

Just having a draft that takes place AFTER free agency this year is going to be a big help.

Jets fans on the other hand... they can't be feeling all that great about this season or the next several for that matter

2. serifyn

serifyn Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Honestly, i couldn't care less about the Jets right now.
  3. g650

g650 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Jet's don't look like they're going to have a good year, but you never know what will happen. And if they get a healthy Manning, I think they could finally win the division.
  4. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Same here, nothing Jets related is going to have any effect on my feelings right now. They are irrelevant.
  5. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

I think you're selling the Pats offseason a little bit short. Solder was a major contributor. Dowling was a starter from day 1 until he got hurt. Anderson and Carter had more than 20 sacks combined. Waters was a pro bowler. Ridley was a major contributor until he got fumblitis. Not a bad haul even if Ocho and Fat Albert didn't pan out.
  6. Kjmass1

Kjmass1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lots of positives this year.
  7. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +418 / 5 / -5

Whenever I get down about the Pats, I remind myself that I could be a JEST fan.

It never fails to improve my mood at least a little bit.
  8. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Mangini really screwed them by making those big deals (with jenkins, faneca, pace, woody, favre) in an attempt to save his job. Ryan seemed to extend the big name signings by bringing in Scott, Leonard, Edwards, Holmes, LT, and Cro while giving Revis big money. By doing this they absolutely ignored their depth which is a death wish to any team looking for longevity in this league.
  9. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0

Right - and this is a very different feeling for me from last year.

I'm not saying that the entire off season was an Epic Fail by Belichick - far from it. He made some great moves and had some good luck too (Waters in particular).

But clearly we were HOPING that Haynesworth might be a contributor, even though that was a low risk move - and that at $6 million, Ochocinco would address our need for a deep threat - he did not and while he wasn't a team cancer, he clearly didn't do what Belichick hoped when he gave him that salary.

I chalk these things up more to a very odd off season where there was no conditioning or team building, where the draft happened BEFORE free agency and numerous other factors limited things from what we would consider an ideal off season.

This year's Super Bowl run was all gravy and you really have to take a step back and appreciate what they accomplished - and what an Epic Fail the Jets were given how much they committed to long-term salaries - something that they'll have to live with for next season and beyond.
  10. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I think the Dolphins will be a bigger problem next year than the Jets.
  11. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +128 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

Anything short of getting Peyton Manning won't save their season next year. Not like PM would ever go to that kind of environment anyway.

Let's face it. It's sucks to be runner up to the Super Bowl but it sucks worse to be a Jets fan because, well, THEY SUCK.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.