PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This IS the Big Uglies game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Light , Makins, Koppen, Neal, Kaczur - these are the most important player taking the field this Sunday. Might want to throw in K. brady with them.

If they as a group, and as individuals, have a very good game the Patriots win going away. But if they don't, the gaints will have a chance.

So my eyes will be on the Big Uglies from the opening offensive snap.

I am worried about the Kaczur/Strahan matchup.

Luckily that matchup is to the strong-side, so Brady won't get blind-sided.

I agree. The only chance the Giants have, since they have a weak secondary, is for their pass rush to blow up the game.

I thought the three defenses that played us the best this year were Philly, Baltimore, and San Diego the 2nd time. Those teams all were able to rush the passer AND had very good secondary players, better than those that the Giants throw out there IMO.

I am worried about the Kaczur/Strahan matchup.

Luckily that matchup is to the strong-side, so Brady won't get blind-sided.
Strahan is a shell of his former self. Kaczur may lose a battle here and there, but overall he should handle Strahan adequately. Shaun Phillips was a tougher matchup and while Phillips got some decent pressure at times, he wasn't a nightmare; Kaczur did well enough on him.

Edit: If the Giants showed some creativity and switched Osi and Strahan, then I'd have some reservations on Kaczur's ability to handle Umenyiora.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
If the Giants showed some creativity and switched Osi and Strahan, then I'd have some reservations on Kaczur's ability to handle Umenyiora.

Precisely my thought.

Have Osi and Strahan switched in any game in the past or has Osi always played on the blind side (of a right handed QB)?

Last edited:
Remember too that a sack doesn't hurt us much, as long as Brady doesn't fumble. 2nd and 17? We can do it. 3rd and 11? We can do it often enough. I don't care if the Giants sack Brady (sans fumble) 3 or 4 times during the game, PROVIDED they don't have constant pressure on him all day. If occasionally a Kaczur misses an assignment and Brady gets sacked, but most of the time Brady has great protection, then we win 38-21 or 40-13.

P.S. I remember in the 80s and 90s, watching playoff games where non-Patriots teams such as the Redskins or Cowboys clearly had great O-lines (the kind we never used to have). I would make a mental note that the O-line wins games. Now, I think, we have an O-line that's just about that good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick