This draft HB's will fall to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Looking over FA signings for Baltimore, Arizona and Minnesota. At least one of the top two RB's in the draft should fall to the Patriots at #21. Do you think they would grab one if available? Williams, Maroney or White will be there at 21.

I haven't been a big fan of drafting a RB in the 1st round, and I'm still not. However I do see some logic in that there isn't a lot of depth at RB whereas there is at other positions. We could likely get a solid RT prospect in the 2nd round whereas the RB run out quickly. After the top 4, Addai is about the only one who seems like he has a decent chance to be a good starter (although there will always be surprises).

Well the other teams grabbed HB's in FA so they must not be completely sold on the rookies who are coming into the league. To me they all seem to lack size with the exception of White.

Last edited:
I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots trade down and grab Richard Marshall the CB out of Fresno and maybe a Manny Lawson or Bobby Carpenter in round 2 as well.

I agree, and I believe White lacks an acceptable work ethic.

MrTibbs said:
Well the other teams grabbed HB's in FA so they must not be completely sold on the rookies who are coming into the league. To me they all seem to lack size with the exception of White.

Depends on who else is available

I still think we need a defensive nose tackle to split time with Wilfork so if a Ngoti or Bunkley were available I would prefer one of them.

I don't know if BB would go for smaller backs like Williams or Maroney although they both look real good to me. With Dillon around for another year, they could work on blocking the first year and be ready the second year.

MrTibbs said:
I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots trade down and grab Richard Marshall the CB out of Fresno and maybe a Manny Lawson or Bobby Carpenter in round 2 as well.

The Pats have 9 picks in this years draft, they dont need more picks and dont need to trade down. A very good player will be available at 21, and they have enough picks to move up in the 2nd for Marshall.

Who would you like at 21? I'd have to say Lawson looks to be a freak of nature but I'm not all too familiar with his game. There are questions about Carpenters injury but do you have any idea how his workout went?

@ 21 I could see DeAngelo Williams, LenDale White, Lawson, Greenway, or a CB.

I've seen a lot of White at USC and think he is a perfect RB for the Pats. Don't know as much about Deanglo or Moreny to really comment.

But I agree that one of those 3 will almost assuredly be on the board. It seems every year fantasy footballers who relish RBs always project that thinking onto the NFL, and a lot of RBs will rarely go so early (2005 being a major exception).

I'm actually semi-worried that with Fauria gone, the pick might be Leonard Pope...

tombonneau said:
I'm actually semi-worried that with Fauria gone, the pick might be Leonard Pope...
LOL, you can never discount the chance Belichick will take a TE. However with the depth at TE this year I think we're looking at our #2 or our early #3 as the Fauria replacement with an eye to a possible Graham replacement in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back