PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The worst OL play I have seen in my LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus McNeil looks great for SD, he went #18 in the second round. 14 picks after Chad Jackson :(

One guy out of a couple of hundred drafted in the last five years. Name all the LTs who were drafted in the last five years who are clearly better than Light. Keep in mind, Light is a slightly above average LT no matter how bad people like to make him. I bet you cannot find more than a handful.

McNeil is the exception. He is one of the only above average LTs to come out of the draft in years. Even most of the of the sure fire high first round picks have been disapointments over the years like Mike Williams, Robert Gallery, Bryant McKinnie, Jordan Gross (at least at LT), etc.

Personally, I think this team has too many other needs than to risk a pick on a LT high. The tackle position seems to be one of the biggest risks in the draft. I think this line can be turned around with more continuity. I'd rather not risk a pick when we need secondary and LB help more especially if we don't resign Samuel.

Stick around. By Thursday Box and Pats1 will have completed their "breakdowns" and it will be revealed we actually pass protected quite well and that Jason Taylor "was not the problem".

It's those thoughtful compliments that keep us going.

There won't be a breakdown this week.

No doubt about it, I don't think I have EVER seen an OL play so poorly. Brady was under pressure 75% of his dropbacks. We deserved to get dominated today with how poorly we played.

No more losses from now on!

While I agree with you....can u tell me why in the he** didn't they run practiically all plays out of the gun? I know that the field positions were tough alot yesterday, but if your OL is getting turnstiled...why in heck would you put Brady under center much at all?...I think we should have done more gun with RB option passes....and/or more quick screens...oh well....on to next week..one man's opinion

Last edited:
Stick around. By Thursday Box and Pats1 will have completed their "breakdowns" and it will be revealed we actually pass protected quite well and that Jason Taylor "was not the problem".
True, he only had one sack didn't he? When are you going to use your influence and get us some coaches' tape? ;)

True, he only had one sack didn't he? When are you going to use your influence and get us some coaches' tape? ;)

You must have me confused with NEM.

Seriously, I like the breakdowns. It was a poor attempt at satire at how we sometimes look at things on the site. Please don't take it personally.

Like a lot of posters here, I value the breakdowns. We may not always agree on things, but the contributions you make to the site are appreciated bad satire or not.

On a side note, I think Taylor's contributions to the Dolphins yesterday go beyond sacks. But I think you probably know that as well.

Last edited:
You must have me confused with NEM.

Seriously, I like the breakdowns. It was a poor attempt at satire at how we sometimes look at things on the site. Please don't take it personally.

Like a lot of posters here, I value the breakdowns. We may not always agree on things, but the contributions you make to the site are appreciated bad satire or not.

On a side note, I think Taylor's contributions to the Dolphins yesterday go beyond sacks. But I think you probably know that as well.
We're having fun my friend and I took your friendly poke in the ribs for no more than that. It would take an incredulous stretch of the imagination to confuse you with NEM. You are a curmudgeon, he is a cur. Taylor is BB's ideal for an OLB, even more than Vrabel I would suspect.

Thanks. By the way, I found it interesting when you were talking about how you broke down games on your DVR and about cross checking with endzone shots and also that you had trouble with substitutions. Your process sounds more involved than I gave it credit for previously.

You probably know this, but they have the participation charts up on NFL.COM for games. I dont know if that helps, but it would give you something to cross reference with what you see on tape. Or maybe not. Just throwing that out there.

Or Brady, who audibles a lot and is also in charge of recognizing the defenses and calling out the protections, messed up. But, that couldn't be it, could it?

Well, hindsight is 20/20. Brady was picking up the defense and calling the protections at the line. And the 'fins knew everything he said and adjusted their rush to defeat the line calls. That explains alot. Almost everything. Now the Pats need to change their audible calls, though.

On a side note, the Pats would have been well served to keep a back in with Brady on the gun, especially in light of that news.

Thanks. By the way, I found it interesting when you were talking about how you broke down games on your DVR and about cross checking with endzone shots and also that you had trouble with substitutions. Your process sounds more involved than I gave it credit for previously.

You probably know this, but they have the participation charts up on NFL.COM for games. I dont know if that helps, but it would give you something to cross reference with what you see on tape. Or maybe not. Just throwing that out there.
I have the NFL.com play-by-play open in a window as I'm working on the breakdowns, lately I've not made an effort to crosscheck their yardage though they are often a little off - I just can't afford to put that much time into it again. I occasionally look over the other pages they have on the game, but I don't want to get too influenced by their information as I try to see the play develop with as little bias as I can manage.

The old breakdowns were more detailed, I'd literally run the recording back to look at each individual player, that included the opposition, so it got a bit intense, especially if you had a bad angle and needed several looks in slo-mo to try and figure out what was happening. Now I just focus on the play and follow the flow, ignoring players who are outside the play for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back