PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Value of Strength and Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just want to give a nod to Mike Woicik for another (so far) year of relatively few serious injuries. We're obviously seeing how important that is now that teams like Indy have gone down. (Knock on wood)

Just want to give a nod to Mike Woicik for another (so far) year of relatively few serious injuries. We're obviously seeing how important that is now that teams like Indy have gone down. (Knock on wood)
after 5 straight years of injuries the law of averages are on our side i think it has little to do with woicik

yeah if anything, under this coach the Pats have been the most injured team in the NFL for several years.

Great thread and very good job by S @ C coach.

Last edited:
I think Woicik could be among the best S&C coaches in the league.

No strength and conditioning coach is ever going to make a team 100% injury free, but an excellent S&C coach can minimize pulls and strains and get the injured back on the field sooner.

Look at Stallworth for example. I think every year he has been in the league he has blown a hammy at some point in the season. Under Woicik he has held up very well thus far.

There are not many S&C coaches out there not named Woicik that can boast of 6 super bowl rings.

The one time this season where S&C really showed was that last quarter versus the Colts. Their D was gassed. Our D (and our O) was not.

Once again people, if you credit him for this season, you must BLAME him for the horrific previous seasons. I do believe that the Pats seriously evaluated all their physical policies and methods and made big changes this season. That plus random chance (NOT falacious 'dueness') giving us less injuries this season.

after 5 straight years of injuries the law of averages are on our side i think it has little to do with woicik

This is wrong on many levels

1) Most of the injuries the Pats have suffered over the past 5 years are catastrophic in nature.

2) Any trainer will tell you that there is no amount of training you can do to prevent a broken bone (Seau, Harrison, Wilson, Light) or an ACL tear (Harrison, Watson, etc).

3) In comparison, I believe that the Pats have had very few muscle related injuries (hamstring pulls, etc)

4) I really don't believe that you can apply the law of averages to the injury situations in the NFL.

This is wrong on many levels

2) Any trainer will tell you that there is no amount of training you can do to prevent a broken bone (Seau, Harrison, Wilson, Light) or an ACL tear (Harrison, Watson, etc).

3) In comparison, I believe that the Pats have had very few muscle related injuries (hamstring pulls, etc)

Major point highlighted that I neglected to mention. No blame or credit due for 2.
Credit due for 3. Note BB's recent caution with Moss & Chad Jackson re:hammys.

Last edited:
Once again people, if you credit him for this season, you must BLAME him for the horrific previous seasons. I do believe that the Pats seriously evaluated all their physical policies and methods and made big changes this season. That plus random chance (NOT falacious 'dueness') giving us less injuries this season.

Wocjick is the man, he has something like 7 Sb rings.. he deserves a lot of credit.

Try this on for size, every year after we play 19-20 games we have a lot of injuries, my theory is that not only do our guys take 3+ games of pounding, but do not have time for their bodies to recover.. see Indy this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back