PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The ultimate insult to Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Wikipedia since you've apparently conveniently forgotten the 2001 Colts spawned the oft replayed postgame clip of "Playoffs??! Don't talk about playoffs! I'm just hoping we can win another game..." :

"The Colts suffered only the second losing season of Peyton Manning's career. After opening with dominant wins over the Jets and Buffalo, the Colts were crushed twice in three games by the Patriots to go with a loss to Oakland. Two more wins followed but the season fell apart with losses in seven of the season's final nine games; a 40-21 rout by the San Francisco 49ers set off an infamous postgame press conference rant by coach Jim Mora in which he harped on four Manning interceptions, repeatedly noting one was returned (by the Niners' Zack Bronson) for a touchdown and the others set up San Francisco scores, and a fumble and angrilly scoffed at a reporter's question about the Colts' playoff chances. Mora was fired after the season."
BTW Tom did little that impacted that game postively or negatively. He was 13/23 for 168 yards but with no TD's or INTS. He simply didn't make any glaring mistakes. Manning on the other hand had a QB rating in the 40's on the day... We basically literally ran over the Colts that day. The Colts didn't make the playoffs that season and Manning didn't make the pro bowl...so as first opponents go turned out they were not all that unlike what the Herm Edwards led 2008 KC Chiefs project to be.

oh oh, your in trouble now. Your obviously in your undies with one beer in your hand, and have no clue what your talking about!!! And, he's been a fan since the 70's. So his is bigger than ours.

For the record I say the Pats win 12 games regardless of who the qb is. The schedule is easy and they have a great defense and coaching staff.

For the record I say the Pats win 12 games regardless of who the qb is. The schedule is easy and they have a great defense and coaching staff.

I agree, I think we still win 12 games this year with Cassel.

I am sick of seeing all these threads comparing the current situation to Brady coming in for Bledsoe. I think it is insulting to everything
[/LIST]that Brady has brought to this franchise. what happened when Bledsoe got hurt is a once in a lifetime story where possibly the best QB of all time began his career and led a mediocre team to the SB. Comparing Cassel, who has proved zip after one week, to that situation is a complete and utter insult to Brady. Cassel is not and will never be at Brady's level.

So lets all get a little realistic. Lets hope Cassel can do enough to get us to the playoffs and hopefully we can make a run.

I am quite puzzled by this thread. How does comparing MC stepping in for a hurt TB to that of TB stepping in for Bledose be insulting to TB??

Facts:

(1) In 2001, a relatively unknown TB replaced a hurt Bledose, the then current QB.
(2) In 2008, a relatively unknown MC replaced a hurt TB, the current QB.

No one knows if MC is going to take the Pats to a 19-0 season or a 1-15 season. So, I am sick of this line in the OP that laudily claims "Cassel is not and will never be at Brady's level". :rolleyes: Who the friggin h*** knows??

I think it is insulting to everything that Brady has brought to this franchise.

Gosh! what exactly did you read to make such a sweeping statement?? :eek:

And, if expressing support to MC is considered 'homerism', I suggest those posters to revist their understanding of being a homer.

NYCPatsfan,

I came to the same conclusion. To me the dude is a Brady fan more than Pats fan and while its certainly his right, it pisses me off. How is does a diservice to all that Brady has done is far beyond me?
He said that Cassel was not the answer but when I asked what the answer was, no answer was given???
I suppose its easy to say that we'd be better off if Troy Aikman circa 1992 was now backing up Brady instead of Cassel, but that is hardly the answer to the riddle of what we do now that Brady is out for the season.
This entire thread is pointless like so many others this week so I am done with it.
Respects,

Rich

OK- enough or the name calling. An infraction was given, please don't make me give more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick