PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The ultimate insult to Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were 5 and 11 the season before, and lost the first 2 games of the season. The colts went 10-8 Hardly a "force in the AFC", on either team. Perhaps if you knew your history of the Patriots, you could comment intelligently.

Another keyboard professor .... :blahblah:

I think when people compare Brady and Cassel it isn't their exact situations, but more that the team will ask Cassel to be what the Pats asked of Brady his first year as a starter - be a game manager and don't lose the game for the Pats. I don't think anyone thinks Cassel will be half the QB Brady is, but people are hopeful he can fill the role similiar to what Brady did in 2001.

Exactly. I'm not sure which part is so hard to understand for some people complaining about the comparisons. Obviously Bledsoe is NOT Brady, nobody here needs a reminder of that. But just like in 01 we have an inexperienced, unproven QB coming in to man the ship and if its happened before, who says we can't get back to the SB with a backup?

Exactly. I'm not sure which part is so hard to understand for some people complaining about the comparisons. Obviously Cassel is NOT Brady, nobody here needs a reminder of that. But just like in 01 we have an inexperienced, unproven QB coming in to man the ship and if its happened before, who says we can't get back to the SB with a backup?

I fixed your post for you

Another keyboard professor .... :blahblah:

Well, there ya go, when proven wrong, go for the personal attack to try and distract from your failing. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time bud.

I am sick of seeing all these threads comparing the current situation to Brady coming in for Bledsoe. I think it is insulting to everything that Brady has brought to this franchise. what happened when Bledsoe got hurt is a once in a lifetime story where possibly the best QB of all time began his career and led a mediocre team to the SB. Comparing Cassel, who has proved zip after one week, to that situation is a complete and utter insult to Brady. Cassel is not and will never be at Brady's level.

So lets all get a little realistic. Lets hope Cassel can do enough to get us to the playoffs and hopefully we can make a run.

i have heard some people say that this was karma for brady because he stole drews job. he didnt steal the job, he got an oportunity to prove himself and he did just that. the team could have kept bledose and traded brady that offseason but they wanted brady because he did his job better.

Well, there ya go, when proven wrong, go for the personal attack to try and distract from your failing. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time bud.

I don't need to prove anything to any guy who posts on a forum on the internet,I have more important people to impress in my life than worrying about what any guy here at patsfans (who is most likely typing in his fruit of the looms and with a beer in one hand),of what he thinks of my opinions?

Anything posted in here when in reality,does not mean squat in real life or to the team becaus ethey don't care what we think and I could care less if you agree or not but isn't that what a forum is for - pro and con?

If all here were just rah-rah guys and every move the FO or BB made was thought as of being perfect then this forum would suck because it would be boring but you can't see that, Some of you think we should all have the same views or ideas or otherwise,the 'other' guy in the argument is an idiot and knows nothing.

And BTW,I have been a fan since 1978 ,followed this team since then and you were most likely not even around at that time so don't think you could tell me what I know or don't know because you obviously have an opinion that I could care less about - Move on, boy.

Last edited:
"Tom Brady/Matt Cassel is the next Joe Montana/Steve Young!"

I don't really mean this, but somebody had to do it!

Originally Posted by PATRIOT64
IIRC Brady's first start was against Manning and Company who were starting to become a force in the AFC at that time - Kansas City is a doormat team - Don't dare compare the debut of both QBs,its ******ed

We were 5 and 11 the season before, and lost the first 2 games of the season. The colts went 10-8 Hardly a "force in the AFC", on either team. Perhaps if you knew your history of the Patriots, you could comment intelligently.

Don't forget that this "force" in the AFC went 6-10 in '01.

Here's the Top Performer stat line from that game.

IND 13 @ NE 44 Final IND Peyton Manning: 196 Yds NE Antowain Smith: 94 Yds IND Marcus Pollard: 63 Yds

All of these comparisons mean nothing. The only thing that means anything is how the team plays on Sunday. I think they will play well and win the game, others think Saint Farve (yes I know) will destroy the TBless Patriots.

Nobody is expecting Matt Cassel to duplicate the Tom Brady of 2007.

Not in 2008, not ever. But to say that Matt Cassel could in 2008 be as good as or close to as good as Tom was in 2001. That is not insulting Tom Brady. And that is all that is needed in order to the TEAM to win the super bowl, because of the talent around him.

You are right, he didnt light it up. but he did not make critical mistakes and made plays needed to be made. As a new fan, those are some of the things that you didnt see. It was a striking difference from bledsoe, who would throw for 350 yds but throw a critical INT or two. Right from the start, his poise was there. And his last drive that set up Vinitieri's game winning FG in the superbowl...classic

and that is what i am hoping for from Cassel. some poise. few mistakes. good decisions. But that is all we can hope for. To put this team on his back is completely unrealistic. If the team is successful this year, it will be not because of him but because he hits those three points. Brady has put this team on his back in the past.

Not in 2001 which is what you are b****ing about...

I fixed your post for you

you%27re%20a%20homo.jpg

"Tom Brady/Matt Cassel is the next Joe Montana/Steve Young!"

I don't really mean this, but somebody had to do it!

No no no, it's Brady/O'Connell... Brady still has at least a few HOF/MVP quality years left in him :D

Oh and Cassel has Randy f'ing Moss and more experience in the system, so he's going to be asked to do more than Brady was asked to do in 2001.

I don't need to prove anything to any guy who posts on a forum on the internet,I have more important people to impress in my life than worrying about what any guy here at patsfans (who is most likely typing in his fruit of the looms and with a beer in one hand),of what he thinks of my opinions?

Anything posted in here when in reality,does not mean squat in real life or to the team becaus ethey don't care what we think and I could care less if you agree or not but isn't that what a forum is for - pro and con?

If all here were just rah-rah guys and every move the FO or BB made was thought as of being perfect then this forum would suck because it would be boring but you can't see that, Some of you think we should all have the same views or ideas or otherwise,the 'other' guy in the argument is an idiot and knows nothing.

And BTW,I have been a fan since 1978 ,followed this team since then and you were most likely not even around at that time so don't think you could tell me what I know or don't know because you obviously have an opinion that I could care less about - Move on, boy.

Then why the insults? If you have no need to prove anything, why go that way with the debate?

and btw, I've been watching them since the early 70's, prefer wine, and wear boxers.

Assumptions make you look pretty arrogant. Get a life.

Last edited:
You two could star in a movie together. "Grumpy old Pats fans."

This thread is as rediculous as the post later by the same guy who says that Bledsoe would have taken them to the Superbowl if he hadn't been hurt.
No one know what going to happen and if anyone is posting here hoping that Cassel does well, how on earth can anyone have a probelm with it? Wishful thinking and hoping for the best is not evil or irresponsible.Tom Brady certainly wouldn't have a probelm with people hoping that Cassel exceeds expectations? Why the hell would you?
Your self righteous know all attitude is as repugnant to me as the garbage put forth by the fan base fo the team we alre playing this week.

No one know what going to happen and if anyone is posting here hoping that Cassel does well, how on earth can anyone have a probelm with it? Wishful thinking and hoping for the best is not evil or irresponsible.Tom Brady certainly wouldn't have a probelm with people hoping that Cassel exceeds expectations? Why the hell would you?

I think, with Tom staying involved, Matt doing well would actually add to Brady and Bill's legend even more than another real good season by TFB himself.

For example imagine this: Matt has a huge year, let's say 11-5, and makes at least one playoff game. He then goes off to play starter for some other team and has a good career.

Tom comes back and has a good (probably gonna be a little shaky) year next year and all is right with the world.

You know pundits and historians would be writing about a scenario like that forever.

But if Cassel does good and goes to the Jets, we simply have to hunt him down and tar and feather him. That's just not cool.

"Show some class, root for Cass!"

Last edited:
This whole ultimate insult to Tom Brady crap just pushed me the wrong way. I'm a fan of the term first, not the player. It just stinks of bandwagon wanker.
If Brady were to retire due to his injury and then come back in two years, after we've moved on with another QB, and he plays for the Jets or whoever, I'd be yelling at the TV for the Pats D line to sack his ass on every play.
I am a Pats fan for life and always have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents