PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The time has come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The time has come....

...to bring this "spygate" issue to a deffinitive END.

When I first heard about Shula's whine about the Pat's potential undefeated season needing an asterisk, my first reaction to pass it off as just a "grumpy old man" (sorta like myself) trying to protect the uniqueness of a record he has held so long. However as the news spread to the national media and was being reported on, I changed my mind.

On PTI, both Wilbon and Kornheiser both gave it a "double WOW". Then Kornheiser, who is sort of the "everyman" kind of columnist, stated that he had now changed his mind about the importance of "spygate" as an issue, and because it was coming from such an eminent sourse as Don Shula, it carried much more weight. So if HE is feeling that way, I believe a lot of "middle america" is feeling the SAME way.

Well that did it for me. Rather than whithering on the vine like it should have this story keep on getting legs, and its time for it to STOP. And the only way it will stop is if the real truth comes out. Tom Curran (in a great column, btw) called the infraction tantamount to aggrevated jaywalking, or in other words being caught for a procedural infraction. (which is what it was).

Now it is time for the truth to come out. Tom Brady has stated on several occassion when asked about comments by the "haters", that "in this lockerroom WE KNOW THE TRUTH, and that's enough for us" (Paraphrase).

Well Tom the time has come to share the "truth" with the rest of us. It is time to let the haters know what you know, that makes you so comfortable with this situation.

Roger Goodell has seemed to have proven that he could teach George Bush a few things about F*cking up a good thing with his handling of this whole thing. His overreacting with the Pats punishment, and his allowing rank speculation and inuendo to go unanswered has not only hurt the Patriots, but its hurt the entire league (as Curran so aptly points out).

I think its becoming clearer every day that Goodel must have some unreported beef with the Pats that goes back a long way. He has left them twisting in the wind, despite his initial pronouncement that none of what the Pats recorded led to the Pats gaining an unfair advantage in a game.

Goodell needs to come out with a definitive statement that lets people know what the Pats taped, how the tapes were used by the Pats, and why if the tapes DIDN'T give the Pats a competitive edge, why the punishment was so heavy handed, and why he destroyed them. (though I think I know why he did). If he doesn't the spygate will be followed by Audiogate, capgate, druggate, etc....all of which just hurts the credibility of the league in general.

BTW- in the "oh boy the irony of it all" column. I couln't believe hearing well known Pats hater Mark Schleith (sp) on Mike and Mike telling people that one of the reasons Denver used the chop blocking technique was inorder to tire out DLmen over the course of a game. The irony of it? Well here was a memeber of the Denver Broncos who violated the Cap inorder to win 2 superbowls telling the world he used an illegal technique to get an unfair advantage over the opposition....the day after he questioned the integrity of the Patriots....AGAIN... because of "spygate". That is why his picture is featured next to the definition of HYPOCRACY in the dictionary.

FInally Wretch has put together a must read collection of articles in a post titled "Fed up with the Hypocracy". Read the acticles, desseminated the information, and keep bumping it up. And BTW the Curran article is not to be missed either

Ken I agree with you regarding Goodell. Although I wish you would keep your political opinions to yourself on the football forum. There is a place for that and it's not here.

Goodell screwed this up from the beginning. He over reached. He went public with his "outrage" and his harsh punishment. His office leaked the tape which backfired when people saw what was being taped. He was way too harsh with his punishment which I doubt would have been the same for the AZ Cards.

He then further aggrevated the situation by demanding all tapes, notes ect. for past years. Then he had the material destroyed (we think) with out a definitive statement as to if they gave the Patriots an unfair competitive advantage.

He has left the door open for jealous Patriots haters to continue their assult. And mindless old men like Shula who have a selfish special interest to demean the Patriots.

Goodell is a blemish on the NFL and should not be Commissioner.

We have to try not to be so rational.

People are trying to take this on as though anyone really cares. They don't.

This is all about besmirching the Patriots' successs. No amount of explanation and reasoning is going to put an end to that.

I've experienced this as a UConn basketball and football fan. Opposing fans wanted to kill the bball team for players stealing laptops. And they brought it up constantly, no matter the fact that players were suspended and punished. Now Uconn football is denigrated because of perceived bad calls against the opposition which (as I see it) did not influence the outcome of the game. Teams will bring this stuff constantly no matter if you reason with them to show them how wrong they are. They are just trying to take the Patriots down a peg.

The point is there shouldn't be a video of the defensive signals in the first place.

Incorrect. There shouldn't be a camera on the sidelines that isn't covered on the sides and top. There's no issue with filming defensive signals, strictly with camera location. Get your facts right. This is exactly the problem with the media and pundits spewing their crap all over the place...the blatent abscence of fact.

"NFL rules prohibit video recording devices in the coaches' both, on the field or in a locker room during the course of any game. These rules also state that video for coaching reasons must emanate from places enclosed on all sides with an overhead roof."

Hi moron...please kill yourself

In the light of the continued witch hunt caused by Goodell's blantent mishandling of the incident; turning a minor rules violation into a crime on the level of a team point shaving, I have altered my position that the way to make the Patriots whole is by returning their #1 pick.

I now believe that the situation justifies him giving the Pats *2* more 1st round picks.

the booth next to the coaches booth...please try to keep up...I know it's hard for you Indy 2nd grade dropouts.

stick around...next week we'll ask you to spell a three letter word for a common house pet...we'll even spot you the C and T.

\The video is used to figure out which formation the defense is sending out onto the field and relay that information back to Brady so he can make the proper adjustments.

It's ockham's razor. People aren't stupid.

Please don't kill yourself, but listen to reason. There is NO WAY that the information on those tapes could POSSIBLY be used to decipher the signal and get them to the QB on the day of the game. How could they. Think about it. Every team in the league has 2-3 coaches signalling the plays, with only one being live. On the day in question, the Jets (by their own admission) had 3 coaches signalling in the defensive calls. How long do you think it would take to figure out who is the "live" coach...THEN figure out what the signals mean....THEN get that information to the QB within the 20 seconds the QB/OC mike is on....and get their own play in.

The FACT that Pats haters, like yourself, don't want to admit is that these films are used in the off season to help BB learn the tendencies of various DC's. You don't want to admit that all the information that the Pats got from their filming could be obtained LEGALLY by other means (only less efficienctly)

This was a simple violation of a procedural rule, not the wholesale vile CHEATING, that the media puts out. There WAS NO unfair advantage gotten, And as far as being "caught" that's the real joke, since the cameraman was in full Pats gear, with Pats documentation, in full view of a team that knew the Pats were doing this.

I know this is an inconvient truth for you, and I doubt very much you will take it to heart, because if you do, you WOULD have come to deal with the REAL reasons the Pats have been so successful for so long, and your team (whomever they may be).....are not.

So you can continue with your fantasy that the Pats are cheaters. They are the ONLY team that tries to steal signals (which is not illegal). They are the only team that pumps in noise to their stadium. They get all the official's calls (the Colt game is a case in point :rolleyes: ) And if they don't like how things are going, they get the rules changed to fit their team. If that makes your dispair easier to deal with, so be it.

YOU stated that NO VIDEO recording is allowed whatsoever...I just showed you it is...please...get back to 2nd grade and hit the books..start with Jack and Jill you freaking moron

It's pretty obvious that the Media is doing this on purpose.
I mean OBVIOUSLY it's not that big a deal, it's been done many times before, etc. etc.

The Media wants one thing - ratings, and advertising dollars that come from it. They chase good rating through controversy. I'm sure they have production meetings and discuss how they will diss on the Pats regardless because they are the kings and everyone is watching them, so it creates great interest. When you throw in the fact that alot of these guys are ex-jocks that played for teams that compete (and currently get demorilized) with the pats and you have the added element of competitive jealousy. Look around - football fans HATE their competition. It's part of the draw.

The Pats on the kings, clearly superior, breaking many records, winning at unpresecedended amounts. This makes others feel inferior, which they don't like - hence denial and disgust. (Hate) Remember Kordell Stewart saying 'sometimes the best team doesn't win'. Denial. We were all appalled by his lack of class. Then TJ Houshmanzadeh saying the bengals were still better, after getting spanked - denial. By now we were getting used to it.
You don't think all this winning by us doesn't build up resentment? of course it does. Success breeds contempt - come with the territory. It's lonely at the top. 'People love it when you lose - they love dirty laundry'.
what we need to do is just see it for what it is - jealousy and media created controversy. It will be the story until - the next story!
lean back, keep enjoying the wins, laugh at the pettiness and jealousy and don't worry about it. they'll be no asteriks and people actually know it wasn't really a big deal and know what we're doing is incredible. they just can't handle giving us our due anymore right now. it makes them feel totally overmatched. which they are. which is humiliating. it's a defense mechanism.
don't worry about it. this too will pass.

The best thing I heard today, and I was looking forward to hearing his opinion, because he's a Colt worshipper, and occasional Pats hater, is how Pete Prisco responded. I was pleasantly surprised that he tore Shula a new one on his radio station, telling him to STFU. Although, he does emphasis the cheating aspect, it's nice to know that he doesn't see the Pat's record as being tarnished.

"NFL rules prohibit video recording devices in the coaches' both, on the field or in a locker room during the course of any game. These rules also state that video for coaching reasons must emanate from places enclosed on all sides with an overhead roof."

Translation for the dumb: NFL prohibits video recording in the booth, on the field or locker room during games. Furthermore, recording from any other place, must be done with an enclosed roof and sides.
There is a coaches booth...you agree on this

there are booths on either side of the coaches booth..enclosed roof and sides

You can film from either one

Thanx for playing

you must be...anyone who thinks the Peytie Fairy materializes game tapes out of thin air and gives them to Dungy to analyze must be a little whacked.

Shula is a jealous, bitter old man. He won two Super Bowls in 32 years of coaching. The one NFL Championship was not consumated because he lost to A Jets team from a league that didn't exist 8 years prior.

I wondered why I got so much satisfaction out of the snowplow incident and I realized it was because the unassailable respect Shula engendered was as much political maneuvering as actual football success (He has a tremendous regular season record, I'm not taking that away from him).

The fact is, the PR machine plus his political influence due to the "Competition Committee" made his reputation despite a mediocre post season record.

"Starting with the 1996 season, Don served as vice chairman of the Miami Dolphins. He also contributed to the growth of the NFL off the field by serving from 1975 through 1995 on the league's influential Competition Committee." 20 Years!

http://www.aeispeakers.com/speakerbio.php?SpeakerID=924

I'm glad we're complaining about noise and coach to QB signals, because the more it's out there in the public that there's a committee made up only of select coaches and GMs who recommend rule changes and advise referrees on how to call infractions involving their own teams, the better.

The truth will set you free.

Disband the unfair "Competition Committee".

Last edited:
The jealous, bitter old man, the grubby media, and all those clowns insisting New England beat them because of videotape, are in large part the reason NE is playing at a level that makes a joke out of every other team in the league.

Screw 'em, and God bless 'em.

PFnV

...to bring this "spygate" issue to a deffinitive END.

When I first heard about Shula's whine about the Pat's potential undefeated season needing an asterisk, my first reaction to pass it off as just a "grumpy old man" (sorta like myself) trying to protect the uniqueness of a record he has held so long. However as the news spread to the national media and was being reported on, I changed my mind.

On PTI, both Wilbon and Kornheiser both gave it a "double WOW". Then Kornheiser, who is sort of the "everyman" kind of columnist, stated that he had now changed his mind about the importance of "spygate" as an issue, and because it was coming from such an eminent sourse as Don Shula, it carried much more weight. So if HE is feeling that way, I believe a lot of "middle america" is feeling the SAME way.

Well that did it for me. Rather than whithering on the vine like it should have this story keep on getting legs, and its time for it to STOP. And the only way it will stop is if the real truth comes out. Tom Curran (in a great column, btw) called the infraction tantamount to aggrevated jaywalking, or in other words being caught for a procedural infraction. (which is what it was).

Now it is time for the truth to come out. Tom Brady has stated on several occassion when asked about comments by the "haters", that "in this lockerroom WE KNOW THE TRUTH, and that's enough for us" (Paraphrase).

Well Tom the time has come to share the "truth" with the rest of us. It is time to let the haters know what you know, that makes you so comfortable with this situation.

Roger Goodell has seemed to have proven that he could teach George Bush a few things about F*cking up a good thing with his handling of this whole thing. His overreacting with the Pats punishment, and his allowing rank speculation and inuendo to go unanswered has not only hurt the Patriots, but its hurt the entire league (as Curran so aptly points out).

I think its becoming clearer every day that Goodel must have some unreported beef with the Pats that goes back a long way. He has left them twisting in the wind, despite his initial pronouncement that none of what the Pats recorded led to the Pats gaining an unfair advantage in a game.

Goodell needs to come out with a definitive statement that lets people know what the Pats taped, how the tapes were used by the Pats, and why if the tapes DIDN'T give the Pats a competitive edge, why the punishment was so heavy handed, and why he destroyed them. (though I think I know why he did). If he doesn't the spygate will be followed by Audiogate, capgate, druggate, etc....all of which just hurts the credibility of the league in general.

BTW- in the "oh boy the irony of it all" column. I couln't believe hearing well known Pats hater Mark Schleith (sp) on Mike and Mike telling people that one of the reasons Denver used the chop blocking technique was inorder to tire out DLmen over the course of a game. The irony of it? Well here was a memeber of the Denver Broncos who violated the Cap inorder to win 2 superbowls telling the world he used an illegal technique to get an unfair advantage over the opposition....the day after he questioned the integrity of the Patriots....AGAIN... because of "spygate". That is why his picture is featured next to the definition of HYPOCRACY in the dictionary.

FInally Wretch has put together a must read collection of articles in a post titled "Fed up with the Hypocracy". Read the acticles, desseminated the information, and keep bumping it up. And BTW the Curran article is not to be missed either

Are you crazy? Take away the thing that's inspired the Patriots to make the drive for the Perfect Season?

You are a fan of the Patriots aren't you? Why would you want to end the thing they are all rallying around?

Didn't you hear Seymour's comments about Shula? He said the team generally rallies together when such comments are made.

You want to end that?

We need to do exactly the opposite. Let's fan the flames folks!

Not the kind of guy to say 'I told you so,' but. . .

I agree, and said much the same as the story lingered after the initial report. The Patriots have lost control of the message to the media and, as a result, have allowed their brand to be devalued. Just very poor public relations work in an organization that has one of the best business and marketing operations in the league. Surprising.

that's BS.
If BB had defended himself, the media would have killed him
if BB admitted guilt, the league would have killed him

BB took the only course of action he could survive...say nothing

coincidentally, "say nothing" is course of action that has resulted in the team being fired up beyond belief all year long.

no mistakes in the patiots clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case