PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The SINGLE greatest play in Patriots history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As great as this year has been, nothing that's happened this season tops what happened in 2001.

1) Adam Vinatieri's 45-yard kick in the snow against Oakland

2) "64-Max, All In" (Tom Brady's 23-yard pass to Troy Brown with 29 seconds remaining in Super Bowl XXXVI

3) If the Pats go 19-0, one of the plays from this season will be my #3 (could very well be the Brady to Moss 65 yarder against the Giants

One more thought

I read all of these, cool stories,etc. THE KICK is the PLAY, but let us not forget THE PLAY of Mr. Kraft for ponying up the big buckst TO KEEP THIS TEAM IN TOWN. Does anyone else remember how close we were to seeing the ST. Louis Patriots?

2nd,good call on JR Redmond!

Re: One more thought

AV's first snowy kick.

vinatieri02pf-1.jpg

Vinatieri's kick in the blizzard to tie the game in the Snow Bowl.

That picture is of the game-winning FG in OT.

The greatest play I seen this season was a play by Brady in the raven's game where he scrambled to stay alive on a play that was a certain suck to find Watson wide open in the end zone.. Ofcourse watson dropped the ball so this play will be forgotten in history.

The other play I have in mind would be Watson running down champ bailey in the 05 playoffs. I'm sure thats been mentioned already in this thread though.

Just to play devil's advocate here, a field goal kick is hardly even a play. Often made by soccer players who don't even know the game.

Most dramatic? Sure. Greatest play? I'll take Law's Int. or Troy's field goal return/lateral.

I'd like to see some more actual football plays for comparison.

Last edited:
Adam Vinatieri kick in the snow from 45 yards against OAK

I have to go with the creative use of a snowplow.

Why hasnt that game been released in the "Greatest Games in NFL History" collection?

The first (tying) Snow Bowl Kick. I don't want to get too corny here, but watching that at home on a cold, cold night on a big screen TV with the blizzard conditions and the snow piling up and after the tuck, it seemed like a higher power was at work, that something amazing and magical was somehow taking place and starting before my eyes.

I thought the flea flicker from Brady to Moss and back to Brady then throwing to a wide open Gaffney in the game vs. Pittsburgh was this seasons best play thus far and maybe in the top 10 best ever.

While I think the most important was Adam V's kick in the Superdome in 2001, there was a more significant play.

Never the less, the most significant was the Ben Dreith call against Sugar Bear in 1978.

Had the call never happened, the Pats would have won the Superbowl in 1978. It would have provided an impetus for the Sullivans to hang on as owner's of the Patriots. The course of the history of the Franchise would have changed in many ways; both good and bad...

Never the less, the most significant was the Ben Dreith call against Sugar Bear in 1978.

Had the call never happened, the Pats would have won the Superbowl in 1978. It would have provided an impetus for the Sullivans to hang on as owner's of the Patriots. The course of the history of the Franchise would have changed in many ways; both good and bad...

pity and sad also for the awesome players we had during that period (76-78); probably, as you said, we would have allready won a Super Bowl 30 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft