PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Peyton Manning Hatorade Thread.(mega merged)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

QB for 1 game

• Manning

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Marino

Votes: 45 66.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, me personally, I've been running non-stop gassers and my father and I have been running the Oklahoma drill against each other. I'm not quite ready yet, but it's a long week and a big game.

How about your dad?

I am really far behind. I hope I don't cost us the game...

How about your dad?

I am really far behind. I hope I don't cost us the game...

My dad has been really sharp so far, but my girlfriend has had a bad week of practice. She's been consistently burned by my dog on the deep post. To make matters worse, my dog pulled up lame afterward. I think he tweaked his hammy. :(

Manning:

Is now 1-4 coming out of the bye as the home team QB

Is twice as likely to lose his first game (8 one-and-done playoff seasons) as he is to win his first game (4 times in 12 playoff seasons)

Is 1-5 when entering the playoffs with a top 10 scoring defense

How do we "get ready"?

Clean the grill, stretch my rolling fingers, shine the bottle opener, invite some friends over, talk some sh.t about the Ravens and then watch the Belichick, Brady, and the new England Patriots end Ray Ray's career.

I'll be ready, the Ravens....... not so much.

Francesa is batting for manning with the old he never had the defense montana/brady/bradshaw had.

I don't know who watches Game of Thrones but I swear to the Lord of Light that a black shadow in Levi jeans swooped in and invaded The Forehead's body just moments before he decided to make that Jr. High School QB throw back across his body for the game sealing Interception that tied The Forehead with you know who for most play-off losses.

He claims he retired but Favre simply refuses to go away, and that throw was evidence of it.

I'll take Marino, he was an assassin with a football, a clutch QB.

Last edited:
Francesa is batting for manning with the old he never had the defense montana/brady/bradshaw had.

Manning has scored

Points in his first playoff games and, again he's had a top 10 scoring defense in 6 of his 12 playoff seasons. In other words, Manning has put up fewer than 20 points in half of the first games in his playoff seasons, and put up more than 24 points only 3 times in those 12 games.

Anyone trying to play the "no defensive support" card in support of Manning is just proving either his ignorance or his knowing willingness to look stupid. In Francessa's case, sadly, I think he's doing it knowingly. I'll hold out for willful ignorance, though, because Francessa's usually better than this.

Edit: By way of comparison.... Brady, despite having played in a deliberately defensive system for the first several years of his career, has scored more than 24 points in 5 of 10 'first' games.

Last edited:
I'll take Marion, he was an assassin with a football, a clutch QB.

Marion_Ross_Happy_Days_1976-500x302.jpg

Are you saying she off'd Chuck?

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else but now I really really really want Peyton to win the MVP. No one does sheepish better and he will have to wear his best sheepish to accept the trophy this year.

Talk about baltimore

The football season is short. Sometimes you have to sit back and appreciate the weeks events before closing the book on it and moving on to the next game. There is always time to take in and appreciate a good Manning choke as there is always time to comment on how much the Jets Suck!

Talk about baltimore

A message board allows for more than one thread. You should feel free to start a thread or two about the upcoming Ravens game.

This is my favourite comparison.

Broncos playoff wins: Manning 0 Tebow 1

Playoff win rate: Manning .450 Tebow .500

:D

I just don't get all of the Peyton ballwashing. If you're going to have a mancrush, you can find someone who isn't butt ugly, has a forehead bigger than the state of Texas, doesn't throw pick 6s like they're going out of style, ALWAYS choke in the biggest moments and make annoying commercials.

What's even funnier is it sounds like Peyton's guaranteeing a SB birth next year.

Peyton Manning talks Broncos upset, looks toward New York Super Bowl - The Denver Post

"Next year, the Super Bowl's in New York. So that was a good hurdle for me to be effective in those type of conditions."

Only way Peyton is anywhere near another SB in his career is as a spectator.

A message board allows for more than one thread. You should feel free to start a thread or two about the upcoming Ravens game.

Eh, i just don't get all this "kicking mannng when he's down" stuff. Sure i wanted him to lose and thinks he's overrated as a playoff QB, but we're acting like all the same as opposing teams fans who after 2 super bowl losses said brady "hasn't won anything since spygate" or brady choked, etc.

A guy who waited in the visitors lockerrom, along with his family, for ray lewis after losing can't be all that bad.

Last edited:
Manning has scored

Points in his first playoff games and, again he's had a top 10 scoring defense in 6 of his 12 playoff seasons. In other words, Manning has put up fewer than 20 points in half of the first games in his playoff seasons, and put up more than 24 points only 3 times in those 12 games.

Anyone trying to play the "no defensive support" card in support of Manning is just proving either his ignorance or his knowing willingness to look stupid. In Francessa's case, sadly, I think he's doing it knowingly. I'll hold out for willful ignorance, though, because Francessa's usually better than this.

Edit: By way of comparison.... Brady, despite having played in a deliberately defensive system for the first several years of his career, has scored more than 24 points in 5 of 10 'first' games.

A minor clarification - Manning only put up 21 points on Saturday (14 points on kick returns).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes