PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Peyton Manning Hatorade Thread.(mega merged)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

QB for 1 game

• Manning

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Marino

Votes: 45 66.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People make excuses for Manning's playoff shortcomings, that's just the way it is. For instance, just compare the number of times the fact Brady lost two Superbowls is brought up, with the amount of times the fact Manning threw a game-ending pick-6 on a Superbowl is brought up. Honestly, it's ridiculous. I've even seen Manning fans bring up the "but Brady lost twice to the Giants!" argument, in a non-ironic manner, countless times.

I hear you, but it's a joke. Brady has a strike against him for that AFCCG loss that Manning gets credited with a win for. Did that idiot author make sure to note that Manning only won that game because the officials bailed him out with a phantom PI call based upon an issue (faceguarding) that didn't even exist anymore? Did he talk about the Patriots defenders being off the field in the second half because of illness/injury, leading to STers being in as replacements (and Manning picking on them to get back into the game)?

Of course not.

Slightly OT, but I wonder if this

Broncos give defensive backs coach Ron Milus the boot | ProFootballTalk

would have happened if Manning hadn't choked and the Broncos had managed to win the game.

Imagine that, other team' DBs struggle with the deep ball, too. Heck, even Richard Sherman got beat when the Seattle pass rush couldn't get any pressure on Matt Ryan and gave him time to find Roddy White deep. And Rahim Moore was a mid 2nd round pick (#45 overall) in 2011. Unlike Tavon Wilson, he wasn't even considered a reach by draftniks.

Check it out, an itemized list of every one of Peyton's one-and-done playoff chokes, with desperate attempts to explain how every one of them is someone else's fault:

Peyton Manning

Entertaining reading, to say the least. As far as "advanced stats" that put Peyton's playoff performance in the elite category, those same stats rank Mark Sanchez and Jake Delhomme ahead of Brady, Eli, and Roethlisberger. Those are the sorts of results that really should send you back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Check it out, an itemized list of every one of Peyton's one-and-done playoff chokes, with desperate attempts to explain how every one of them is someone else's fault:

Peyton Manning

Entertaining reading, to say the least. As far as "advanced stats" that put Peyton's playoff performance in the elite category, those same stats rank Mark Sanchez and Jake Delhomme ahead of Brady, Eli, and Roethlisberger. Those are the sorts of results that really should send you back to the drawing board.

Good Lord, I spent half of that article trying to figure out if it was satire. I still think it might be. Where is that Batman/Heath Ledger "not sure if serious" image when we need it?

Despite the fact that since Super Bowl XLI Manning has done nothing but put his team ahead late, with a good stat line in every playoff game, a lot of people are unsatisfied, because they continue to hold Manning to the most ridiculous of standards of which no other player is held.

Um, no, because some of "they" continue to prop Manning up as the best quarterback of his generation when facts show he is well behind one Tom F Brady — who IS held up to those standards and lives up to the them.

Edit:
<rant>
And by the way: When was the last time a Manning-led team went into the playoffs with "experts" saying, "Oh, well, here goes Peyton leading another subpar team into the playoffs; they'll probably let him down again." I'm going with maybe "never." His teams have always been hyped up. Seems like forever ago — when it was just last week — that the Broncos were being upheld as far and away the best team left in the playoffs. But then they went and let Peyton down. Shocking.

</end rant>

Last edited:
Good Lord, I spent half of that article trying to figure out if it was satire. I still think it might be. Where is that Batman/Heath Ledger "not sure if serious" image when we need it?

Um, no, because some of "they" continue to prop Manning up as the best quarterback of his generation when facts show he is well behind one Tom F Brady — who IS held up to those standards and lives up to the them.

Edit:
<rant>
And by the way: When was the last time a Manning-led team went into the playoffs with "experts" saying, "Oh, well, here goes Peyton leading another subpar team into the playoffs; they'll probably let him down again." I'm going with maybe "never." His teams have always been hyped up. Seems like forever ago — when it was just last week — that the Broncos were being upheld as far and away the best team left in the playoffs. But then they went and let Peyton down. Shocking.

</end rant>

Even Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders, who is a Patriots fan, 'acknowledged' going into the playoffs that the Broncos were the best team in the NFL. Largely because they had a defense that was almost as good as their offense, which made up for the fact that the Pats' offense was probably more explosive.

Weird... nobody's writing about how awesome the Broncos' collective team was now.

One criticism I heard of Brady prior to the Houston game was that he was only 2 and 3 in his last 5 playoff games.

How can anyone go back and start counting from a lost Super Bowl onward? Makes no sense. You have to count at least from that season onward.

i.e. Brady is 4-3.

After Sunday, Brady is actually 5-3 since the 2007 season.

According to the author it's everyone else's fault but Manning's. Unbelievable.

Heard at a bar in Incest, Mississippi:

"All I know is that down here where the Manning clan are from, we say 'taste the cotton'!"

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

I'm not to good at math. Can someone explain this:

"One quick loss and you have to win at least two games the next time just to get back to .500."

So you lose one, and you have to win 2 to get to .500?

I'm not to good at math. Can someone explain this:

"One quick loss and you have to win at least two games the next time just to get back to .500."

So you lose one, and you have to win 2 to get to .500?

One loss = 0-1
Next season, one win = one win + one loss = 1-2
Next season, two wins = two wins + one loss = 2-2

I realized I don't hate Manning as much as I hate the media coverage when it's obvious Brady is superior. They use to say Brady didn't have the stats. Last time I checked, Peyton's never threw for 50 TDs, 5,000 yards, and Brady has a higher career passer rating (despite Peyton's advantage of playing in a dome all those years.) Brady also has a much, much better TD/INT ratio.

One loss = 0-1
Next season, one win = one win + one loss = 1-2
Next season, two wins = two wins + one loss = 2-2

Do you mean 3rd season: 3-3?

Peyton Manning

They tried that, but this is all they came up with...
pm_drawing_zps6fa65b3b.png

Manning texts

Have a check of a new mock this time via text not Facebook

Do you mean 3rd season: 3-3?

I mean that every season ends in a loss unless you win the Super Bowl, so you have to add a loss at the end of the numbers. In your hypothetical, you lost your first game in year one, making you 0-1. There's a maximum of 4 games in any one playoff season

Wild card round
Divisional round
Championship round
Super Bowl

Therefore, you'd need to win at least 2 games the next season, because you are making up one loss and adding one loss unless you win the Super Bowl. You're entering the playoffs at -1. So, you need to finish at +1 to get to .500 overall. 2 wins, 1 loss gets you to +1 in that second season.

Last edited:
I was told there would be no math.

I mean that every season ends in a loss unless you win the Super Bowl, so you have to add a loss at the end of the numbers. In your hypothetical, you lost your first game in year one, making you 0-1. There's a maximum of 4 games in any one playoff season

Wild card round
Divisional round
Championship round
Super Bowl

Therefore, you'd need to win at least 2 games the next season, because you are making up one loss and adding one loss unless you win the Super Bowl. You're entering the playoffs at -1. So, you need to finish at +1 to get to .500 overall. 2 wins, 1 loss gets you to +1 in that second season.

Yes you are correct. But the writer does not state that to even things out at the end of a season you need to win 2 if you have lost one the prior year, he states that if you are 0-1, you need AT LEAST 2 wins to get to .500.

Peyton could be at .500 right now if he had won last week. Unfortunately for Manning and the writer, he did not. So one win last week would have been all he needed, not 2. Now that he lost again, he will need at least 2 (3 actually, now that Peyton has dug himself a -2 hole).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News