PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Peyton Manning Hatorade Thread.(mega merged)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

QB for 1 game

• Manning

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Marino

Votes: 45 66.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They tried that, but this is all they came up with...
pm_drawing_zps6fa65b3b.png

You can read more of the authors garbage at KFFL.COM

He's been exuse making for Manning for years, while tearing down Brady

Go's by the name Still-Swinging

Check it out, an itemized list of every one of Peyton's one-and-done playoff chokes, with desperate attempts to explain how every one of them is someone else's fault:

Peyton Manning

Entertaining reading, to say the least. As far as "advanced stats" that put Peyton's playoff performance in the elite category, those same stats rank Mark Sanchez and Jake Delhomme ahead of Brady, Eli, and Roethlisberger. Those are the sorts of results that really should send you back to the drawing board.

That's the second Scott Kacsmar article that I've had the misfortune to read. (God willing, there won't be a third). Mr. Kacsmar lives in an alternate universe where things that actually happened but do not support his conclusions are magically assumed away. This guy is a world class contortionist, twisting the facts to say that only unfortunate circumstances has conspired to deny Peyton win after win after win ... (etc, etc, etc ad nauseam).

One highlight - Kacsmar argues that Adam Viniatieri's miss of a 29 yard field goal was the deciding factor in a 23-21 regular season loss to the Chargers in a game in which Manning threw 6(!) interceptions. No question Adam made Manning look bad in that one ... Wow!

Cold Hard Football Facts should be embarrassed by this piece.

That's the second Scott Kacsmar article that I've had the misfortune to read. (God willing, there won't be a third). Mr. Kacsmar lives in an alternate universe where things that actually happened but do not support his conclusions are magically assumed away. This guy is a world class contortionist, twisting the facts to say that only unfortunate circumstances has conspired to deny Peyton win after win after win ... (etc, etc, etc ad nauseam).

One highlight - Kacsmar argues that Adam Viniatieri's miss of a 29 yard field goal was the deciding factor in a 23-21 regular season loss to the Chargers in a game in which Manning threw 6(!) interceptions. No question Adam made Manning look bad in that one ... Wow!

Cold Hard Football Facts should be embarrassed by this piece.

View Profile: StillSwinging - KFFL Community

I picture that author, watching Peyton in playoff games, being pretty much exactly like the youtube video of the Ravens fan who kicks, bawls, and sobs as his team is down. The only difference is the Ravens fan sees his team win in the end.

Yes you are correct. But the writer does not state that to even things out at the end of a season you need to win 2 if you have lost one the prior year, he states that if you are 0-1, you need AT LEAST 2 wins to get to .500.

Peyton could be at .500 right now if he had won last week. Unfortunately for Manning and the writer, he did not. So one win last week would have been all he needed, not 2. Now that he lost again, he will need at least 2 (3 actually, now that Peyton has dug himself a -2 hole).

You're trying to split a hair that was obviously not intended to be split. Manning wasn't going to win last week and then retire.

Even on colts.com most colts fans not only openly admit that Manning's a choke artist but that Brady is far better. I guess now that he's not on their team anymore and they have a suitable replacement, they saw his latest playoff choke and saw Brady subsequently light up the Texans with no turnovers and finally saw the light.

I don't hate Peyton. Playoffs or not, he's an all-time great. It's more so the media coverage and the apologists and his dumb commercials. How grown men can have such a crush on another man as to hype him up to unrealistic levels and ignore any flaw of his - flaws that are obvious to any objective viewer - is beyond me.

You can read more of the authors garbage at KFFL.COM

He's been exuse making for Manning for years, while tearing down Brady

Go's by the name Still-Swinging

I remember him from KFFL. He totally went off the rails when Brady went otherworldly in 2007. He just disappeared because he could no longer claim Brady was a system QB and Manning had better numbers. That guy is a nut.

I remember him from KFFL. He totally went off the rails when Brady went otherworldly in 2007. He just disappeared because he could no longer claim Brady was a system QB and Manning had better numbers. That guy is a nut.

Someone could remind him this:

A certain Scott Kacsmar is mentioned as source in Pro-Football-Reference on some reasearch on certain players playoff comebacks and game winning drives. Peyton Manning has 1, I MEAN ONE, playoff comeback and a game winning drive, both in 2006, I'm guessing the same game.

Peyton Mannings career stats on Pro-Football-Reference

Brady instead has 3 comebacks and a total of 6 game winning drives, courtesy of mr. Kacsmar.

Tom Brady stats on Pro-Football-Reference

EDIT: That stat can be seen under the career passing stats, and the author of that research is mentioned right below the numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back