PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Peyton Manning Hatorade Thread.(mega merged)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

QB for 1 game

• Manning

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Marino

Votes: 45 66.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patters said:
Peyton's a great player, and what a great comeback story for him. The Broncos only went as far as they did because of him. They would have never made the playoffs without him. That said, Flacco's deep ball reminds me of the old Peyton, and that makes me nervous for the Pats

That would have made the playoffs with just about any competent qb. They could have won that division at 7-9

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Patters said:
Peyton's a great player, and what a great comeback story for him. The Broncos only went as far as they did because of him. They would have never made the playoffs without him. That said, Flacco's deep ball reminds me of the old Peyton, and that makes me nervous for the Pats

That would have made the playoffs with just about any competent qb. They could have won that division at 7-9

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Re: John Fox:The reality is, we had a good season. We got to the elite eight

The Rex Ryan of the AFC West
I know a lot of folks are berating John Fox, and for a number of decisions perhaps there is an argument. HOWEVER anyone who thinks that running the ball on 3rd and 7 was a mistake is just plain wrong.

No NFL team, let alone the 4th best defense in the league, should allow a team to go 90 yds in one minute with no time outs. Its almost statistically impossible. I mean its totally head scratching that in a prevent defense that a WR could get BEHIND the entire secondary to the point where he could, not only catch the ball, but run 20 yds into the endzone. I mean that ball was in the air about 5 seconds. HOW could that happen. Where was the rest of the secondary. Its certainly not supposed to happen, and you certainly can't blame the coach when it does.

Understand when I thought the Pats were going to be playing Denver, i thought one of the big advantages the Pats would have would be BB over Fox. But in this particular instance. Fox made the right move.

I knew the apologists would be out in full force today but Marshall Faulk saying he would take Manning or Favre's numbers over the Super Bowls and that you have to expect some picks because of how they play, WOW. Yes you have to expect picks out of the Marino's, Manning's and Favre's of the world and that's why they aren't winners and guys like Montana and Brady are.

They also bought up saying well Peyton was tired at this point in the season and not up to the cold elements at his age and his point in the season, LMFAO. He was coming of of a bye week and was playing at home. Did the cold affect him? Sure every QB has to contend with that. Welcome to playing outside after all those years in the dome. I'm sure Faulk and the other apologists would give him demerits for the dome so don't give him a pass because it was cold.

I heard him as well, that fat little Oompa-loompa has lost his mind.

Of course now faulk when talking about pats says we talk about mannin's losses what will happen if they lose another SB ,what will say about brady's legacy and so on and so forth.

I only read about half the 20 odd pages here from back to front, but a couple of things come to mind from the reading.

1. I think we hate the mediot protection that Manning gets a lot more than Manning himself. Manning is a great QB, not TFB great, but still a great QB, who has accomplished a lot in this league. You would have to agree that 2 of the 3 TD's he threw in that game were perfect pass with virtually no room for error. They were things of beauty.

That said, the absurd lengths that the mediots go through to protect Manning and his "legacy" is really maddening and very hard to take. To the point where you find yourself taking back to a TV screen on a regular basis (something that is unsettling if you consider yourself sane ;) )

2. DI and I don't agree on much (in fact I think he has me on "ignore"), but this was a gem and is worth repeating. "Tom Brady has been to the superbowl more years than Peyton Manning has won a SINGLE playoff game". Now THAT is a telling stat. Use that with a Peyton lover and there is no comeback. It's an argument ENDER.

3. I don't know about you, but how many of you, even when it looked like Denver was going to win the game, felt a lot better about the Pats prospects of winning in Denver. Because despite playing at home, having your opponent playing on a short week, having the bye, having the Ravens have a tired defense, playing at altitude, etc, etc, it was becoming clear that the Denver team was, as some suspected, a product of the 25th easiest schedule in the league. A good team, but far from the juggernaut the media was portraying them to be.

I only read about half the 20 odd pages here from back to front, but a couple of things come to mind from the reading.

1. I think we hate the mediot protection that Manning gets a lot more than Manning himself. Manning is a great QB, not TFB great, but still a great QB, who has accomplished a lot in this league. You would have to agree that 2 of the 3 TD's he threw in that game were perfect pass with virtually no room for error. They were things of beauty.

That said, the absurd lengths that the mediots go through to protect Manning and his "legacy" is really maddening and very hard to take. To the point where you find yourself taking back to a TV screen on a regular basis (something that is unsettling if you consider yourself sane ;) )

That is what pisses me off about him the most. He's a great QB but he gets away with so much **** while Brady seemingly has to win the SB every year.

Of course now faulk when talking about pats says we talk about mannin's losses what will happen if they lose another SB ,what will say about brady's legacy and so on and so forth.

One day, the idiots in the media will figure out that you can't lose multiple Super Bowls unless you get to multiple Super Bowls.

I just found this little beauty....

RmGqm.jpg

Re: POLL: P. Manning v. Marino

I don't want to get into a discussion about these two, but I am curious about your responses to this poll.

Which of these two would you you take for one game and one game only:

If it's regular season, I don't have a preference. They are both excellent in the regular season.
If it's the postseason, I have to go with Tom Brady. ^_^

Re: POLL: P. Manning v. Marino

If it's regular season, I don't have a preference. They are both excellent in the regular season.
If it's the postseason, I have to go with Tom Brady. ^_^

Brady is much better in the reg season too, .777 winning % vs .688 for Manning.

Brady, Montana and Staubach only QB's with > 60 starts with winning % >70%

LOL, Brady is better in every way. But if I'm picking between Marino and Peyton, they seem to be about even imo. But neither touches TB12.

I still don't see what the mediots see in Manning.

Some stats to dig into:

Manning has EIGHT one and dones in the post-season:
Peyton Manning Career Playoff Record: 9-11, With Eight One-and-Done Postseason Trips | The Big Lead

Are we seeing a PATTERN here yet folks? What is there left to defend? Manning chokes on the biggest stage in the most important games. Just rewatch the Saints Superbowl game, just rewatch this most recent game against the Ravens. Just rewatch any of his other one and DONE playoff games.

The Bleacher Report makes no excuses for PM:
Peyton Manning: Why Broncos' Playoff Loss Falls Squarely on QB's Shoulders | Bleacher Report

The Washington Post sees Manning's legacy taking another big hit:
Peyton Manning’s postseason legacy takes another hit

That is what pisses me off about him the most. He's a great QB but he gets away with so much **** while Brady seemingly has to win the SB every year.

My favorite line is the "Brady is only 6-6 in his last 12 play-off games," as if that damns him to mediocrity when he has 3 rings and is 16-6 overall, in the meantime Manning is 8-10 with 1 ring and many want to compare him favorably to Brady. Manning has been a great regular season QB but his postseason record is average at best, and that's being kind to him. The GOAT argument is between Montana and Brady only, and if Brady gets 1 more ring the argument is over. Montana went 4-0 in SB's but Brady has 5 AFC Championships already and will have every other meaningful stat and record when all is said and done.

2. DI and I don't agree on much (in fact I think he has me on "ignore"), but this was a gem and is worth repeating. "Tom Brady has been to the super bowl more years than Peyton Manning has won a SINGLE playoff game". Now THAT is a telling stat. Use that with a Peyton lover and there is no comeback. It's an argument ENDER.

Now that's an awesome stat.

"Tom Brady breaks the all time record for playoff wins the same weekend Peyton Manning ties Favre for the most all time playoff losses. Please national media, don’t compare the two ever again. Manning is a great QB during the regular season against bad teams while playing indoors. Brady is a true football legend whose only comp is Joe Montana.'" Some guy in PFT says it best

The colts gave up the LEAST points in the entire league in 07.

And in 06, although their d was nothing special all season, was great in the playoffs aside from that one game we won't mention. His defense carried him to his only sb win, he threw 3 tds and 7 picks in four games.

Yep.

The Sewage that Manning's never had the benefit of a decent Defense ~ when in fact he's often had the benefit of his Team having an awesome, league-leading Defense...is the biggest, 100% BullTwinkies Urban Legend going.

The Pats play Denver in the regular season next year.

Is it too early for the Broncos trolls to start showing up and talking smack?

3 thoughts:

1) If the Patriots are in a tie game, and get the ball back with multiple timeouts and 30 seconds left, there's no way they're kneeling and playing for overtime. They're playing for the game-winning field goal, probably because Belichick trusts Brady not to turn the ball over.

2) I keep reading that the Broncos' loss is somehow not Manning's fault... really? In a double overtime game, you shouldn't point to the guy who turned the ball over three times, including a pick-six and the turnover that directly lost the game, as a culprit?

3) Without Trindon Holliday, the Broncos would have probably lost to the Ravens in regulation, with no late touchdown from Joe Flacco required.

4) All offseason, everyone's going to blame Rahim Moore. Nobody's going to blame Peyton, despite the fact that he made far more negative plays. Funny how that works.

Tom Brady is now going to his 7th AFCCG. Think about what an amazing accomplishment that is.

7 AFCCGs

and that's STILL less often than Peyton, mighty Peyton, has lost the first game of a playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back