PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Week 3 - Bills 34, Pats 31 - Post-Game Thread (mucho mergers)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

After Brady throws a pick, are you upset with his lack of effort to tackle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about the play before that was originally called a td and reviewed and overturned. Honestly with this crappy defense i was happy they scored and devestated when they didn't because i know this defense is swiss cheese and that we wouldn't have much time to mount a come back.Then B.B. Blows it with a wasted timeout....

You said they tried to stop them. The timeout didnt matter, they kicked the FG on 3rd down

Re: Stop it.

It was a good game.

We've beaten the Bills the last 15 games straight until this one. Calm down. We are only to game 4.

And the people making excuses, don't. Brady threw 4 picks and the defense is as bad as last year's as far as passing yards. Tip your hat to the Bills, just think about all of the losses they've suffered playing the Pats.

They played a good game, they made the plays they needed to. IF this doesn't show the league that the Bills are for real, your nuts. They've done this 2 weeks straight. We had them up 21-0 in the first quarter.

Someone please explain it to me. I just don't get it. When a guy with a known pedigree for defense has had several seasons to build this defense while each year ticks away on the Brady clock and this is what we get. Why does the defense continually suck. At first, it was because they were old, then they were too young and rebuilding. I believe the Pats should be at the point where the defense is actually suppose to be good, if at least average. Why then do they seem to have gotten worse from even last year? I'm trying to find the silver-lining. I'm not worried about Brady or the offense one bit, but I'm beginning to think that McCourty is way overrated and even Mayo a little bit. Can someone please talk me away from the cliff?

I am one of those Obrien sucks guys, I have felt that way for a few years, but I was willing to wait and see how he develops, and he hasn't develop one bit as an OC. This team is doing the same thing, losing the same way it has been losing for a few years now. They refuse to run the ball, huge lead in the 3 or fourth quarter, empty backfield, 7 dbs on the field, empty backfield, pass pass pass, running back having success, pass pass pass pass the other team doesn't even have to worry about the Pats running the ball. That is ridiculous, I wonder why they even bothered drafting running backs? Belicick definitely deserves a lot of blame there too, because he it all stops with him. This is just a frustrating thing to watch though.

Agreed

I swear Mike Martz is out OC.

21 point lead.....run the uck out of the ball. WTF

Well said, bro.
There is SO much football left. Tommy smelled like a fresh turd today, but the Ocho drop.... ouch!

And the pass rush might have taken 7 or even 14 pts off the board...

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

3 of the INTs weren't Brady's fault, and Chad's drop didn't hurt them at all, they still drove in for 7.

Think again. Whether Buffalo scores afterwards is null. There may have been 4 minutes left on the clock after their next possesion had he hauled it in.

Re: After Brady throws a Pick...

Is anyone else disturbed at Brady's lack of effort to make a tackle? I only seen one angle on the pick 6, but it looked like he had no interest in attempting to make a tackle.

I'd rather lose a game then lose the team's starting QB because he tried to make a tackle. If Brady tries to engage in a block or a tackle against the opposing defense they are going to go after him with all they got. Smart move. Stay healthy. Live to fight another game.

Re: Unless Tom Brady is perfect the Pats can't win...Defense stinks

unless Tom Brady is perfect (which he is most days) the Patriots cannot win./QUOTE]

PERFECT!! He through 4 interceptions. Even he would say he was crappy today.

Re: Time to give up on the one gap 43 aggressive D that cant stop anyone

I was going to hold off from posting..but when the perverbial ref card get thrown out there... well it's grasping at straws time

Refs had NOTHING to do with this loss. 4 Ints, and a defense that can't stop my grandmother is the cause of this loss.

4 picks

No matter the questionable calls, four INT's, even if deflected, you normally lose, the refs did not throw those, so disappointing

Last edited:
Re: Official Pats-Bills postgame show/thread

This game just makes the cutting of Sanders and Meriweather seem bizarre. I know there are issues with both of them, but you can't tell me the secondary would not have performed better with Sanders and Meriweather out there instead of Brown and Barrett.

Remember the last time we lost to Buffalo in Buffalo? 2003? Something nice happened at the end of that season, if I recall correctly.
We had a defense that year.

What are you talking about? You think the defense players performed today?
When? There was zero pass rush, receivers were wide open, we couldnt come close to stopping the run. When the game was on the line the drove the length of the field in about 16 seconds.
What calls by the referees are you using as an excuse to avoid admitting this may have been the worst defensive effort I have ever seen from this team.

No draft picks and no money spent = no defense. That was the plan. Its the four picks we weren't expecting

I'm not sure we can go back. Our secondary is so lacking in coverage skills that it is all going to be on the front 7 to pressure the Quarterback which is not something we've done successfully since Willie McG. We need to face the fact that defensively we earned our 31st worst defense, maybe secured the 32nd spot after today, so it is going to all be on our offense this year. We are what we are and nobody who was injured today is going to be the difference maker. One gap or two gap doesn't really seem to be most pressing issue.

If you think that not having Haynesworth, Chung, Dowling, Pryor and Wright didn't affect this defense, then you are just delusional. Those are 5 KEY players. Not having them HURT this team significantly..

Re: 4 picks

next person to b*tch about officials should get banned. This team and the fanbase are looking/sounding more and more like a certain group of inbreds from Indy.

Last edited:
You said they tried to stop them. The timeout didnt matter, they kicked the FG on 3rd down

I think patspy meant tried to stop them on the play that should have resulted in a TD.

Re: 4 picks

Yep, Pats cruise to another 38-21 win without the INT's. Oh well.

As I said in the gameday thread, you would actually risk injury to Brady for maybe stopping one score in a week 3 game?
Well if your afraid he will get hurt, lets play Hoyer until about week 10 or so.

One play can win one game. One game, could be the difference between going to SD or having them come here in the freezing cold. In the end, one play can easily mean another ring.

lol if brady tried to tackle he would get lit up......

Re: Official Pats-Bills postgame show/thread

The concern with Ochocinco is after today, I can't imagine Brady has any confidence left in him. The pick was his fault and then he drops a sure TD pass wasting valuable time, even though they eventually scored.

You also have to wonder about Ochocinco's confidence at this point.

It's 3 games, but it's fair to say it's not exactly "working out" so far.

But really the big concern is the D. Pathetic when it counts.

Cut Ocho and bring back a humbled Randy Moss. There would be alot of flexibility on this team with our tight ends creating matchup problems, Moss blowing out the top of the coverage and Welker and Branch catching things underneath.

How does that not make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes