PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Week 3 - Bills 34, Pats 31 - Post-Game Thread (mucho mergers)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

After Brady throws a pick, are you upset with his lack of effort to tackle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: After Brady throws a Pick...

He did what 90% of QBs do. Their health is more important than that TD.

Re: Time to give up on the one gap 43 aggressive D that cant stop anyone

They don't have enough good players for ANY scheme.

This is just dumbness talking. They have plenty of good players.. The problem is depth.. Particularly depth at Safety. Which is what hurt them today.

Neither Barrett nor Sergio Brown are starter material..

No...i don't want him to take any contact at all. Especially in a meaningless week 3 game.

They took a knee

No -- the point is that once the Bills got the first down inside field goal range, the situational play was to let them score, which McCourty did not do.

He did what 90% of QBs do. Their health is more important than that TD.

at least he could have made a consertive effort, but i agree on that aspect...

I will be fine with this loss on two conditions: 1 ocho is cut 2 ocho is ridiculed in the media all weel

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

3 of the INTs weren't Brady's fault, and Chad's drop didn't hurt them at all, they still drove in for 7.

Chad's drop did hurt them. If that play is a TD, the Patriots would've gotten 7 points five minutes faster.

Unless Tom Brady is perfect the Pats can't win...Defense stinks

Look, I'm not trying to be a troll here, but the fact of the matter is that unless Tom Brady is perfect (which he is most days) the Patriots cannot win. Brady as great as he is cannot win every single game for us. He makes a couple of mistakes and the Pats are all done.

The defense is simply non existant and is no better than it has been the last several years. Just look at the number of points and yds given up over the first three weeks of the season.

I understand that the Pats had some injuries today, but as coach Belichick would be the first to say injuries are part of the game. Unless the coach is able to really coach these guys up I don't see the season ending any different than it has the last several years.

It's time to stop trading down and get some impact defenders before Brady is gone.

We dont deserve to win when we aren't even competitve on defense. They marched down the field, and we werent close to stopping them.
The offense scored 31 points and had 470 yards of offense. If we played like the 31st best D in the NFL today, we win easily/

Welcome to 9 and 7 No playoffs. You are who you are.

We wouldn't have to be comforting ourselves with the "we are banged up, lots of injured guys on D" if we hadn't gotten rid of Sanders and Meriweather.

No -- the point is that once the Bills got the first down inside field goal range, the situational play was to let them score, which McCourty did not do.

McCourty's law. Anything that he can do wrong, he will do wrong

Why isn't our D good and creative like the Jets' D? :mad:

Lack of talent. Which calls into question why somebody like Ocho was brought in. Nothing against him, he will perform eventually, but they didn't need another weapon on offense. They need people that can stop the other team from scoring without relying on INT's and fumble recoveries. My prediction for the last drive was the the Bills were going to march down the field like nobody was defending them, shave the clock, and kick the field goal. I was not at all surprised when that happened.

Re: The REFS HOSED us by taking our timeout away

No they didn't, it was the commentator's not understanding what was going on. The clock would have started to run once they were back in position.

BB was arguing that there should be more time on the clock because it kept running while they were deciding whether it was a TD or not.

And BB was right. Why they penalized the Pats a TIME OUT is what I don't understand.

Re: Time to give up on the one gap 43 aggressive D that cant stop anyone

This is just dumbness talking. They have plenty of good players.. The problem is depth.. Particularly depth at Safety. Which is what hurt them today.

Neither Barrett nor Sergio Brown are starter material..

then why cut james sanders, who was the glue of the defense secondary

Last edited:
Re: Official Pats-Bills postgame show/thread

I've been one of his biggest BJGE supporters but I've seen enough, Ridley could be special, start him!

Yeah, BJGE looked tough and a bit explosive last season. He hasn't looked good this season at all in the touches that he has gotten. He looks slimmer, but somehow also slower.

Ridley looks like he could be the real deal. He needs to get more touches. You really can't expect Brady to have to drop back and throw 30+ times a game and put up video game numbers to win every game. It's pathetic. I knew Buffalo was going to march right down the field and score on that final drive.

I've heard nothing but how BB is a defensive genius, but I just haven't seen anything good the last few seasons. The Jet's, Steelers, Ravens, and even the Cowboys (this season) have looked leaps and bounds better defensively than the Patriots. Shannon Sharpe went off on the Pats' D in the postgame show, and he was absolutely correct in doing so. Everything he said was valid. The past few seasons have been a joke defensively and that is why the Pats have not won a playoff game in many seasons.

Is anyone else disturbed at Brady's lack of effort to make a tackle? I only seen one angle on the pick 6, but it looked like he had no interest in attempting to make a tackle.

No. Brady can't run. I'm disturbed that Brady didn't have better awareness of playing with a lead and not forcing throws.

WHAT? THis defense can't stop anyone. BrADY HAS TO BE PERFECT AND SCORE 30 POINTS IN ORDER TO WIN!!!!!

35 points you mean...

Is anyone else disturbed at Brady's lack of effort to make a tackle? I only seen one angle on the pick 6, but it looked like he had no interest in attempting to make a tackle.

As I said in the gameday thread, you would actually risk injury to Brady for maybe stopping one score in a week 3 game?

what is most disturbing is that as good as he can be - 2 out of his last 4 meaningful games have had a pantload of bad plays/decisions...

Yeahhhhhh buffalo bills baby!!!! Cant stop this high powered offense!!!! Ryan fitzpatrick **** down the throats ugh ugh ugh

lol at you. I'm actually glad you came over here to gloat. I've been feeling sorry for your team for some time now. I think people were forgetting there actually was a football team in Buffalo. 15 times in a row is too many times to beat a football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back