PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Week 3 - Bills 34, Pats 31 - Post-Game Thread (mucho mergers)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

After Brady throws a pick, are you upset with his lack of effort to tackle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the QB who got them to 21-0 throws 4 interceptions, 1 of which is taken for a pick 6..

There is a lot of blame to go around. Bill O'Brien. Brady. Belichick. Barrett. Brown. Guyton. McCourty.

The Pats NEED a safety. Pure and simple. Brown and Barrett aren't them. And Chung is good, but they need another.

Thanks for the reply. I really can't disagree with anything you say. If it were anyone but Tommy ******* Brady, I'd be in a lather.

There is no way the Patriots are winning a playoff game, much less a Super Bowl, with this defense.

Mora%2BPlayoffs.png

Re: Time to give up on the one gap 43 aggressive D that cant stop anyone

It was just dumb, but it happened because he was beaten and instead of playing football he was chasing the guy who had beaten him, oblivious to the end line.
Bonehead play by a below average DB.

No I disagree with your statement. We have young safeties out there who are learning on the job, but they were far from the biggest problem today.
They're out of the depth. You can call that learning if you like.

Frankly, i think our scheme blows and we are setting the defense up for failure by trying to be something we/they are not.
Agreed.

When you have Tom Brady and the best offense, by far, in the NFL, there is simply no need to try to create plays with an aggressive defensive scheme (unless your players fit it, which ours do not). Gambling and risking giving up big plays is the best way to let an inferior opponent hang with you. If we played the style of defense we played for the last decade we win this game easily.
I have no idea what style of defense the Patriots are attempting to play.

Re: vs. Raiders Next week

The dude wasn't going to re-sign. He supposedly had some beef with bb towards the end and he wanted big money. He has enough rings, it's all about the $.

Isn't his $15M per year the highest for any defender in the NFL? THAT is why Bill got rid of him when he did. They basically traded Seymour's 2009 season and a 3rd round comp pick for Nate Solder. Easy choice there.

Every player, every coach all have to be fired up after yesterday, if they aren't light a fire under their a*se. Hope they establish a running game and go no huddle offense, no one can stop Brady when he's in that zone. Spread the ball out a bit more.

And blitz (hardly heard this word related to the Pats D) them like f*ck! Give them no time, no space, press coverage, jam the receivers, anything that will get this poor D sorted.

Last edited:

Raiders are not a gimme "W". I see no hope Pats 4-3 can stop McFadden

Infact here's next 6 weeks. We could easily see Pats at 3-3, and if they can't get their act together 2-4.

Raiders
Jets
Cowboys
Steelers
Giants
Jets

You have little of value to offer this board beyond abject negativity. Why not take a break? Or better yet, find a new hobby?

I hope someone makes a new gameday thread for week 4 because this one is polluted with negativity from the first post on.

Sorry to say that, but at least run the ******* ball once in a while! didn't o'brien see what ridley did with the few touches he had? Yeah, let's go 90/10 passing/running, they surely won't sniff out what will be coming once in a while...:rolleyes:
I'm pissed...the defense played like crap...we have serious tackling issues at the second level...flying bodies is not what the Patriots teach their players!:eek:

As I commented above, we didn't get the game in NYC, so I'm reluctant to say too much. But, usually, when a team is up 21--0 and then loses, you do look to the Defense.

It was a total team failure, except special teams.

Sorry to say that, but at least run the ******* ball once in a while! didn't o'brien see what ridley did with the few touches he had? Yeah, let's go 90/10 passing/running, they surely won't sniff out what will be coming once in a while...:rolleyes:
I'm pissed...the defense played like crap...we have serious tackling issues at the second level...flying bodies is not what the Patriots teach their players!:eek:

Josh Barrett is horrendous, sorry to say, but Merriweather would be much better than him.

Re: Time to give up on the one gap 43 aggressive D that cant stop anyone

Ah, so when a DB runs right into a receiver who is coming back to the ball, thats a blown call to you?
The Patriots were beaten because they couldn't stop the Bills offense. Stop making excuses.

When a receiver initiates the contact, yes, it's a blow call. The receiver turned around and wrapped his arms around Brown in a vain attempt to "try and get to the ball" which was a good 6 yards away. The DB is entitled to the space he occupies.

Do you care about Brady's lack of effort after INT?

Are you concern or do you care that Brady does not put in any effort after throwing a pick? It appears it is premeditated that he goes no where near the ball after he throws a pick.

I don't have a problem with it all and in fact it would have been something I would have instructed him to do if I were in a position of power over him.

QBs get hurt a lot during such moments. Defenders uses this opportunity to take a cheap shot at your QB.
What do you think about this? There has been no talk of this anywhere and I am quite surprised.

Re: Do you care about Brady's lack of effort after INT?

If the QB doesn't make an attempt to block, he can't be purposely hit on a return.

20 yards on a return or your starting quarterback.................

I'd have to see the replay, but I don't think Brady had any hope of reaching the ball carrier on that play even if he went all-out.

I don't want to lose Brady trying to tackle a guy and exposing him to a blindside block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News