PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post-Game Thread: Patriots Lose to Commanders 20-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
The pats would be insane not to pay Onwenu. The draft is deep at tackle so hopefully they could get one there.
Maybe they think they can draft a kid to develop at LT and coach up Lowe to start at LT until the rookie is ready. Brown has been solid this year but I don’t know how much longer they really want to commit to him.

The pats would be insane not to pay Onwenu. The draft is deep at tackle so hopefully they could get one there.
IF BB's GM Title is not Removed I fear the unthinkable. IF the Krafts let's him keeps that Title after recent results they all need brain surgery.

Yes. It's also the reason he has the biggest outdoor LED screen in the world.
Too bad the Stadium won't be in prime time in 2024 I know that won't sit well with the Krafts.

Mike Onwenu is a very good OlL. Demario Douglas is a promising rookie, as is Sidy Sow and Atonio Mafi. All three of the TEs are NFL Calibre.
Cole Strange is a keeper. As is Stevenson. Don’t know about Boutte, or whether JJSS can come back after the knee - he was KC’s #2 just last year.

I wouldn't apply the "promising" label to Mafi just yet... Don't know if Strange69's a keeper either, especially for the 29TH overall pick... Agree with the rest.

I wouldn't apply the "promising" label to Mafi just yet... Don't know if Strange69's a keeper either, especially for the 29TH overall pick... Agree with the rest.
Pick is irrelevant at this point, Cap’n. If he was a sixth-rounder playing the way he is, he’d be a keeper.

Therefore, he’s a keeper.

Still think he should be out at tackle, though.

Bill has it stuck in his head he can move around rookies and other similar players out of position and get the same results from veterans who have much more experience. These players deserve a benefit of the doubt.

And what if the change at QB is exponentially worse?

Worse than 2-7?

If Corky's poor play contributes to yet another loss next Sunday, don't be shocked to see Zappy split the starter's reps at practice during the bye week...

None of that changes the results. Bill picked the groceries. He coaches the players.

He owns the results.
Rather have All-Pros at any position than a bunch of #2 receivers

Funny, I can’t take you seriously that you think an NFL player makes business decisions about his career based on what team his friends are on. This is the NFL and not summer camp.

And when Brown was traded, Mac was coming off his rookie season where he had one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history and not what he is now. And Jalen Hurts was going into a make or break year where his starting position wasn’t guaranteed beyond that season.
He is getting $25m a year $80m guaranteed.

Were you not aware of that?

He didn't take a cut to play with his best friend!!! Where did you get that?

And as for Mac Jones, please. Everyone outside New England was ripping him for his lack of arm strength even in his rookie year.

This is just deranged.

You never offer anything of substance
From a guy who put BB and WR's in the same sentence.
Avoid The Office GIF

He is getting $25m a year $80m guaranteed.

Were you not aware of that?

He didn't take a cut to play with his best friend!!! Where did you get that?

And as for Mac Jones, please. Everyone outside New England was ripping him for his lack of arm strength even in his rookie year.

This is just deranged.

The Pats could have matched that offer and offered the Titans more in trade and gotten him. Or they could have just beat the Eagles' offer to the Titans and franchised Brown if they couldn't get a deal. You act like Brown held all the cards in where he got traded. He didn't. I am sure he would have been happy to come to the team that grew up rooting for if they gave him $25 million a year with $80 million guarantees.

And I never said he took a pay cut to play with his best friend. I am not the one who said that playing with his best friend was the biggest factor in his decision. I am saying that playing with Hurts isn't as big of a factor as you make it. Why would I argue he took a pay cut to play with Hurts?

And Jones came in second in the rookie of the year voting. People were not ripping him. Stop revising history. People were talking about how the 49ers blew it by drafting Lance over Jones after 2021.

And you are calling my argument deranged when you argued Amari Cooper was a journey man WR who has played on seven teams in his 10 year career when he is only on his third team. The same guy who had 1,160 yards and 9 TDs with no QB last year. The guy had Jacobi Brissett and DeShaun Watson throwing to him and Watson was putrid last year.

But both BB the GM and HC love him! So versatile!

I too sometimes cry when thinking about what Should've been...

EDIT-EDIT-EDIT: This response was actually meant for the AJ Brown video post, sorry for my confusion...

A more appropriate response to this one would be that the Spaceman was one of the very first players (along with Thanksdad Ferentz) to put pen to paper this past offseason... Shows us just how ****ED-UP this front office's priorities & evaluation skills are.

Last edited:
...Still think he should be out at tackle, though.

I'm willing to try this... Sow can then be moved to Left Guard, as befitting his natural athletic ability... Onwenu returns to RG and McD swings from LT to RT...

The Pats could have matched that offer and offered the Titans more in trade and gotten him. Or they could have just beat the Eagles' offer to the Titans and franchised Brown if they couldn't get a deal. You act like Brown held all the cards in where he got traded. He didn't. I am sure he would have been happy to come to the team that grew up rooting for if they gave him $25 million a year with $80 million guarantees.

And I never said he took a pay cut to play with his best friend. I am not the one who said that playing with his best friend was the biggest factor in his decision. I am saying that playing with Hurts isn't as big of a factor as you make it. Why would I argue he took a pay cut to play with Hurts?

And Jones came in second in the rookie of the year voting. People were not ripping him. Stop revising history. People were talking about how the 49ers blew it by drafting Lance over Jones after 2021.

And you are calling my argument deranged when you argued Amari Cooper was a journey man WR who has played on seven teams in his 10 year career when he is only on his third team. The same guy who had 1,160 yards and 9 TDs with no QB last year. The guy had Jacobi Brissett and DeShaun Watson throwing to him and Watson was putrid last year.
Of course Brown had all the cards. Any team trading more for Brown would need to know it would come to an agreement with him before ponying up a 1st and 2nd round draft choice.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back