PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Week 3 - Bills 34, Pats 31 - Post-Game Thread (mucho mergers)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

After Brady throws a pick, are you upset with his lack of effort to tackle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Time to give up on the one gap 43 aggressive D that cant stop anyone

Well, the first things the Pats have to do is get some players healthy. When your starting Safety, a starting DE, starting CB and 2 primary DT Subs are out, it's kinda hard to get back to the defenses that worked. But lets just keep pretending like the players aren't performing... Or that the calls by the refs aren't completely bogus.
I was going to hold off from posting..but when the perverbial ref card get thrown out there... well it's grasping at straws time

Re: Stop it.

We have one of these every year it seems. Last year against the Browns was a wake up. Let's hope today's debacle serves the same purpose. This team is much better than they looked.

Last year CLE outplayed the Patriots for four quarters. In this game, the Patriots gave the game away with some poor decisions by Brady, unlucky interceptions, and costly penalties. I think this is a little different, but I think it can still serve as motivation

We have a long way to go. Defense is nowhere near where it needs to be, I can't be the only one that had absolutely no faith in them to stop Buffalo after we tied iit up.

Too many turnovers obviously and stupid penalties. Mankins holding on 2nd and 1 cost us at least a FG on one drive. Complete idiotic penalty on Brown costs us a turnover which would've negated 7 points. Brady's picks were all killer obviously.

We have to run the ball more. Like I said in the other thread, the high flying spread offense looks spectacular when it's on, but you're not going to win championships playing that kind of football, relying on 1 guy. You have to run the ball and take the load off Brady. The only way to blow a 21 point lead is by turning it over and passing the ball more than you should, that's what we did. RUN THE F'ING BALL. If the last 3 playoff losses haven't taught us, what will? Even though it wasn't the main issue today as we scored alot of points, this run n shoot stuff will never win a title it's going to get shut down at some point and when we're too proud to run the ball (just like Martz in sb36 and Dungy in our playoff wins over Indy) you lose.

This loss hurts but it's not the end of the world. On the bright side we can fly under the radar for a while as we try to find ourselves on defense.

They took a knee

I'm talking about the play before that was originally called a td and reviewed and overturned. Honestly with this crappy defense i was happy they scored and devestated when they didn't because i know this defense is swiss cheese and that we wouldn't have much time to mount a come back.Then B.B. Blows it with a wasted timeout....

Re: Official Pats-Bills postgame show/thread

Two of Brady's INT's were fluke tips.

The defense can't stop a nose bleed.

The HAVE TO HAVE Hernandez back.

Ocho = Joey Galloway. Actually worse. Hype doesn't match the skills set. CUT HIM NOW!

ummmmm Pats Defense ranked #32 after 3 weeks. This defense can't stop Foxborough HS offense.

Next 6 games are....I can easily see 2-4 or 3-3 record with this D.

Raiders
Jets
Cowboys
Steelers
Giants
Jets

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

The game was tied 31-31 with the bills having the ball at their 20. They didn't even break a sweat marching down the field to score. Defense sucks. If they don't get turnovers, they can't stop anybody.

I am one of those Obrien sucks guys, I have felt that way for a few years, but I was willing to wait and see how he develops, and he hasn't develop one bit as an OC. This team is doing the same thing, losing the same way it has been losing for a few years now. They refuse to run the ball, huge lead in the 3 or fourth quarter, empty backfield, 7 dbs on the field, empty backfield, pass pass pass, running back having success, pass pass pass pass the other team doesn't even have to worry about the Pats running the ball. That is ridiculous, I wonder why they even bothered drafting running backs? Belicick definitely deserves a lot of blame there too, because he it all stops with him. This is just a frustrating thing to watch though.

Well, the first things the Pats have to do is get some players healthy. When your starting Safety, a starting DE, starting CB and 2 primary DT Subs are out, it's kinda hard to get back to the defenses that worked. But lets just keep pretending like the players aren't performing... Or that the calls by the refs aren't completely bogus.

What are you talking about? You think the defense players performed today?
When? There was zero pass rush, receivers were wide open, we couldnt come close to stopping the run. When the game was on the line the drove the length of the field in about 16 seconds.
What calls by the referees are you using as an excuse to avoid admitting this may have been the worst defensive effort I have ever seen from this team.

Re: Unless Tom Brady is perfect the Pats can't win...Defense stinks

Look, I'm not trying to be a troll here, but the fact of the matter is that unless Tom Brady is perfect (which he is most days) the Patriots cannot win. Brady as great as he is cannot win every single game for us. He makes a couple of mistakes and the Pats are all done.

The defense is simply non existant and is no better than it has been the last several years. Just look at the number of points and yds given up over the first three weeks of the season.

I understand that the Pats had some injuries today, but as coach Belichick would be the first to say injuries are part of the game. Unless the coach is able to really coach these guys up I don't see the season ending any different than it has the last several years.

It's time to stop trading down and get some impact defenders before Brady is gone.
Go away.......

We really miss aaron hernandez

We missed Hernandez because our OC SUCKS!! Back in the day, Charlie Weiss knew how to get the most out of what he had. This guy does not.

Re: After Brady throws a Pick...

what is most disturbing is that as good as he can be - 2 out of his last 4 meaningful games have had a pantload of bad plays/decisions...

So what bad plays/decisions did he make today? enlighten me. I can think of 1, which was the pass to Gronk that got picked, that's it.

This is just dumbness talking. They have plenty of good players.. The problem is depth.. Particularly depth at Safety. Which is what hurt them today.

Neither Barrett nor Sergio Brown are starter material..

Yeah but they must be better than Brandon Meriweather and James Sanders because fatso Billy B said so.

At least it appears we got out of the game with no injuries, at least that I know of. Maybe next week they will be in better health.

The ending was sure bizarre. As I said in the game thread, tough loss vs a good divisional rival. The air for that team was electric, their fans were pumped to end that losing streak and they wanted this win more then anything.

And even with all that the Pats still could have won. It was poor execution and mental miscues that led to this loss. No one player or one unit is to blame, it was a full team loss from top to bottom. I think next the Pats face the Bills in week 17 in Foxboro, they don't stand a chance. Buffalo didn't scare me as much as the Patriots injuries and a very off day by Tom does.

Next up is Oakland. I think we'll see this team back in rhythm for the Raiders.

Last edited:

Seems like 5 years ago, Brady might not make the tackle but he would try like hell.

Big Ben made a tackle to save the season against Indy and eventually go on to win a SB.

Every Play counts, every game counts. I think it just sends a bad message.

Sometimes, I truly question the intelligence of the people on this board.
I've seen comments like "this team is going 8-8" and "O'Brien sucks" and it makes no sense whatsoever. Hell, we have a "cut McCourty" thread and a "is the season over?" poll.

1. O'Brien did not throw 4 tipped INTs. O'Brien is the OC of one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.
2. This team lost a close game to a 2-0 team, even after throwing FOUR interceptions. We should've been blown out, we weren't. This is a 11+ win team, I'll bet $1000 on that right now.
3. Our D got three and outs several times when we needed them... our offense turned it over. Bills ball, Brady int, bills ball, Brady int. How often was the d out there? It got stops WITH major injuries and players missing. We got TWO turnovers from our D. Our d did their job. Our offense made more mistakes.

You guys want 16-0 or completely lose hope on the season. We lost, big deal. The division will be ours. It's one game. On to Oakland, and they won't have the same luck.

You are truly delusional.

Did you even watch the game????

This defense can not cover big receivers down the field. They just can't. I'll bet you $10,000 that by the end of the year, this defense will be ranked in the bottom five of the year. I mean I'd bet my life that total yard they'd at least be the last.

And as far as O'Brien goes, this guy is average. He obviously has no respect toward running the ball, and creating a balanced attack. You can throw for 4 td's in the first half and and rack up all the points you want. But with a poor defense to finish the game and the eventual guessing of routes by the defense you cannot with the game.

what is most disturbing is that as good as he can be - 2 out of his last 4 meaningful games have had a pantload of bad plays/decisions...

And, FWIW, a boatload of injuries, too.

I hope people admit how bad this defense really is. Brady had an off day but still could have won us that game... he made a few bad decisions and had some unlucky picks *coughCHADDROPcough*. Bottom line is offense scored and tied game up on their last possession.

Then the defense completely **** the bed. No getting around what happened those last 3 minutes... I mean I get that you cant stop them, but I was legitimately pissed that they DIDNT let Jackson just walk in on that reviewed TD. Defense sucks, everybody knows it... at least let them score with 1:45 left so offense gets a chance. Jeez.

"BRAdy had an off day" No Brady tied his 11 year career high with 4 interceptions. Sorry just can't do the fanboy thing right now

The concern with Ochocinco is after today, I can't imagine Brady has any confidence left in him. The pick was his fault and then he drops a sure TD pass wasting valuable time, even though they eventually scored.

You also have to wonder about Ochocinco's confidence at this point.

It's 3 games, but it's fair to say it's not exactly "working out" so far.

But really the big concern is the D. Pathetic when it counts.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I love Ocho but he is not exactly lighting it up and he is being paid way too much to make mental mistakes. :(

Re: The REFS HOSED us by taking our timeout away

And BB was right. Why they penalized the Pats a TIME OUT is what I don't understand.

They didn't penalize them a time out.

Belichick called the time out after the refs (correctly) explained that once they signalled ready for play they were going to start the clock. He called the time out to keep 1:40 on the clock with the hopes the Bills would try to score the TD instead of letting it wind down to about 1:10 before the Bills ran their next play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft