PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Week 3 - Bills 34, Pats 31 - Post-Game Thread (mucho mergers)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

After Brady throws a pick, are you upset with his lack of effort to tackle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rational Thoughts - Only like minded people need apply, others: come in off the ledge

Sometimes, I truly question the intelligence of the people on this board.
I've seen comments like "this team is going 8-8" and "O'Brien sucks" and it makes no sense whatsoever. Hell, we have a "cut McCourty" thread and a "is the season over?" poll.

1. O'Brien did not throw 4 tipped INTs. O'Brien is the OC of one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.
2. This team lost a close game to a 2-0 team, even after throwing FOUR interceptions. We should've been blown out, we weren't. This is a 11+ win team, I'll bet $1000 on that right now.
3. Our D got three and outs several times when we needed them... our offense turned it over. Bills ball, Brady int, bills ball, Brady int. How often was the d out there? It got stops WITH major injuries and players missing. We got TWO turnovers from our D. Our d did their job. Our offense made more mistakes.

You guys want 16-0 or completely lose hope on the season. We lost, big deal. The division will be ours. It's one game. On to Oakland, and they won't have the same luck.

Last edited:
Re: Official Pats-Bills postgame show/thread

Horrible play by everyone save Welker, Arrington, and Gronk

They need to run the ball more. I don't understand BOB. This team really need a pass rush.

Re: The REFS HOSED us by taking our timeout away

They kicked the FG on 3rd down. It wouldnt have mattered

If it was blocked, the time had run out, so it would have gone to OT.

Why did the Pats want to lose this game?

Brady should refund the $1.3 million dollars he made today.

It's not his fault....Bill can't coach a defense.

Last edited:
its a shame we gave this game away... the bills were due to win a game but not like this...

Better to have a s**t game early in the season than blow it in the last few games.

Step up to the plate next week! Especially you Brady!

Does it matter? This team looks the same as last year. 1 and done.

The Chad OchoCinco experiment

Yes, I know, he is still learning the playbook :bricks::bricks:

How much longer until they abandon the experiment?

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

To be fair the defense was missing Chung,Haynesworth and Dowling today. Also had to overcome 4 ints by their QB. Not to mention the drop by a certain WR that completely turned the tide of the game towards the end.

I'm not saying this defense is elite but they were missing some playmakers today.

Re: The REFS HOSED us by taking our timeout away

Brady would have gotten ball back

complete BULLshyt

I suppose that the 4 interceptions leading up to this disgraceful loss had nothing to do with this. This is completely on Tom Brady, nothing more nothing less. The PatriROTS will go the way of the RED SUX. I personally guarentee it.

Oakland 48, PatrichokeS 17

Maybe now it's accurate.

Well obviously if he improves. You can say that about any bad player. But I feel as I did about Duane Starks. And that problem took too long to correct.

Last edited:
I hope most the fans weren't think this team wasn't going to ever lose.

It's football. Any give Sunday.

Does this make the Bills a good team? No
Does this make the Pats a bad team? No

If anything, this loss is good. It allows BB to do three things:

1. Dump Ocho. You can't drop that pass. I know it was one play, but you can't drop that.

2. Fix the defense. This is obvious. The secondary is horrid, there is no pass rush, etc. He can start anywhere on this topic

3. Nothing. Don't forget that their were plenty of injuries this week. No Albert means worse run defense. No Dowling or Chung meant even worse secondary play. No Vollmer or Hernandez made Brady force some throws.

Calm it down fellow Pats fans. I will see you all against Oakland next week.

Go Pats.

On the bright side I think we saw a little of the bright future with Ridley.

On the not so bright side, Chad Ochocinco is terrible. He's worse than that, IMHO. The excuses aren't even valid anymore. You don't need minicamps and OTA's to catch a perfectly thrown touchdown pass. That has nothing to do with grasping or not grasping the offensive playbook.

The concern with Ochocinco is after today, I can't imagine Brady has any confidence left in him. The pick was his fault and then he drops a sure TD pass wasting valuable time, even though they eventually scored.

You also have to wonder about Ochocinco's confidence at this point.

It's 3 games, but it's fair to say it's not exactly "working out" so far.

But really the big concern is the D. Pathetic when it counts.

Last edited:

It was a horrible game. But I LOL at those who declare the season over after this. Pats are still 2-1. They'll play Buffalo again later in the year. If they make corrections and play a cleaner game, I think they can beat em. Lots of mistakes to fix from this game. But considering we didn't have Haynesworth, Chung, and Dowling, I think we can expect a better performance once we have those guys back.

Does this game suck? Yes. Did the Patriots kill themselves? Absolutely. But can the Pats bounce back from this? I don't see why the hell not. The offense played sloppy and still put up 31. Chad's dropped TD pass will be talked about but we ended up scoring a TD on the drive anyways. It was the defense's total meltdown with 2 minutes to go that sealed this game. Don't even get me started on McCourty's dumb tackle at the 1.

WTF,, this a loss albeit to a division rival. This one is on Brady.

BB better man up and do something for the Defense.

Two of Brady's INT's were fluke tips.

The defense can't stop a nose bleed.

The HAVE TO HAVE Hernandez back.

Ocho = Joey Galloway. Actually worse. Hype doesn't match the skills set. CUT HIM NOW!

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

I don't blame the defense, which was banged up. This one's on Brady. He's got to be smarter with some of his throws.

It was a disappointing loss, but back away from the ledge people. Sometimes you learn more from losing than you do from winning. Once again this team lost when Brady had an off day. Someone needs to step the hell up besides him. I'm looking at you defense.

4 INTs is worse than "off."

Granted, if you look back, Brady tends to have one truly c**ptastic game a year.

How much of that is playcalling, I don't know. How much of it is having only one TE on the active roster which limited what the offense can do, I don't know.

Last edited:

It's time for a defensive coordinator to be brought in. If it changes the scheme, so be it, because what they are putting out there every Sunday, isn't working. These guys can't stop ANYBODY. It's disgusting. With the game on the line, I have NO TRUST in this defense. It also could be the personnel more than the scheme. This was an ugly way to lose a game.

If a new D Coordinator will sit down McCourty then I'm all for it.

Hope this is the annual stinker ritual that we tend to throw every year.

This one is on Brady and Bill O Brien.

BOB, you f******* moron do you even know we had 4 RB in the roster for the game day, you A*** H***** :mad:

You f****** suck :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore