PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Week 3 - Bills 34, Pats 31 - Post-Game Thread (mucho mergers)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

After Brady throws a pick, are you upset with his lack of effort to tackle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Defense? What defense!!!

Bill is overrated now in my opinion....

Bill has turned into tony dungy....

It would have been nice for OCHO to have caught that pass for a TD....

The Pats scored later anyway, but the time at the end of the game could have made a difference....

I've lost trust in Ocho....give Price his reps....maybe thats an over reaction, but Price is young and can get better...Ocho is what he is....and right now, that's not very good...

I can deal with losing football matches but when you are 21-0 up and cruising its disgusting to lose.

Both sides of the ball are to blame this week.

If Gronkowski and Welker didn't have monster games we would have been absolutely annihilated. Belichick has to get something sorted on that Defense. Its pathetically bad. I just hope chung can get fit for next week.

It was a disappointing loss, but back away from the ledge people. Sometimes you learn more from losing than you do from winning. Once again this team lost when Brady had an off day. Someone needs to step the hell up besides him. I'm looking at you defense.

Someone was stepping to take the pressure off of Brady (Riddley), then they took him out and went empty backfield, and threw in interception. FIRE BILL OBRIEN

Re: Official Pats-Bills postgame show/thread

I just checked and they lost 10 seconds to the clock being wrong. Bills TD call at 1:53 but clock ran to 1:43

Belichick claiming he purposely called that timeout. If he did then he had a meltdown, no sensible reason to do that.

Bill is either overrated AS A DEFENSIVE coach or the WHOLE FREAKING LEAGUE HAS CAUGHT ON TO HIM!!!!!

The pats need to score 30 points to win every game.

It's time for a defensive coordinator to be brought in. If it changes the scheme, so be it, because what they are putting out there every Sunday, isn't working. These guys can't stop ANYBODY. It's disgusting. With the game on the line, I have NO TRUST in this defense. It also could be the personnel more than the scheme. This was an ugly way to lose a game.

WTF,, this a loss albeit to a division rival. This one is on Brady.

BB better man up and do something for the Defense.

We lost this game when Brady tried to go for the dagger to Gronk but was picked. We were running it great that drive and only needed 3 to go up 2 scores. Instead they got greedy and it was all down hill. Terrible loss, and you can tell how much they miss Hernandez when he isn't there. McCourty needs to actually hit people at the line when he plays them that close, he's letting them run right by him.

Better to have a s**t game early in the season than blow it in the last few games.

Step up to the plate next week! Especially you Brady!

Last edited:
Re: Time to give up on the one gap 43 aggressive D that cant stop anyone

I'm not sure we can go back. Our secondary is so lacking in coverage skills that it is all going to be on the front 7 to pressure the Quarterback which is not something we've done successfully since Willie McG. We need to face the fact that defensively we earned our 31st worst defense, maybe secured the 32nd spot after today, so it is going to all be on our offense this year. We are what we are and nobody who was injured today is going to be the difference maker. One gap or two gap doesn't really seem to be most pressing issue.

Re: The REFS HOSED us by taking our timeout away

I tried to explain this in the game thread. The refs didn't take the time out away.

The Patriots had two time outs. Once they called the touchdown back, the ball was placed on the one yard line AND THE CLOCK WOULD HAVE STARTED TO RUN.

In other words, as soon as the refs signalled ready to play, they would have run the clock. That's why Bill called the time out -- hoping that the Bills would run the next play with 1:40 on the clock and score the TD and we'd get it back.

Once the TD was called back, we did not have enough time outs left to keep them from running down the clock, because it was a first down and the player was tackled in bounds, so they were going to win the clock.

The REASON Belichick was mad was because the clock operator ran about 12 seconds off the clock after the call of TD on the field. But even if those 12 seconds were back, once the TD got called back, it wouldn't have mattered. We only had 2 TOs, and the clock was going to be wound on the ready for play.

Re: The REFS HOSED us by taking our timeout away

Brady would have gotten ball back

complete BULLshyt

They kicked the FG on 3rd down. It wouldnt have mattered

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

man oh man, does this defense suck or what? We have a good player in Wilfork and a above average player in Mayo, that's it. Everyone else SUCKS.

My thoughts:

-Welker and Gronkowski are beasts. Top stuff from both of them.

-Ochocinco sucks.

-Run game needs to be used more. What's the point of drafting Ridley and Vereen and they're both pretty much spectators on the bench? There's some questionable playcalliing going on out there.

-I'm very worried about this defense. Very worried.

I've been one of his biggest BJGE supporters but I've seen enough, Ridley could be special, start him!

Great ******* game. Feels good to be the best team in the division, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yep.. the refs did a great job handing the Bills the game tying TD. With 2 bogus calls and one really questionable one..

long drives with no points

pathetic defense

Why do the Pats never allow themselves enough time at the end of games?

It always seems when they are in these types of situations they never allow themselves enough time to come back in the end. The opponent is always just allowed to bleed the clock or the pats have very few seconds to mount a last minute comeback.

I mean, really, what was the defense thinking stopping the bills at the 1? why not just let the guy walk in? that would give them a couple minutes to work with and instead, the defense, which is pansy anways, stops them at the 1 and allows them to bleed the clock out. On top of that, BB wastes a timeout? That is sooooo frustrating. Give your team a chance B.B.!!! You certaintly not doing it with your defense so at least with your situational decision making.

Belichick claiming he purposely called that timeout. If he did then he had a meltdown, no sensible reason to do that.

I don't believe him. No one would take a timeout there. He's covering for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back