PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rounds 2&3 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern with Dobson and Collins is that they came from conferences that will not be sending a lot of players to the NFL and it's not like Dobson and Collins really stood out against weak competition.

I liked the trend the past few years of BB picking players from the SEC and those guys for us have all been solid players. Dobson and Collins? Would not be surprised if they go the Taylor Price way and not contribute at all before sent packing.

And, here we have the first person who clearly believes he's better than Belichick expressing himself.

It's too bad that you wouldn't go the way of Taylor Price.

OH, BTW, I didn't realize that having 20 TFLs and 10.5 sacks was "not standing out" against weak competition. I guess all DEs in the SEC put up those numbers, right?? Looking forward to you listing all the DEs in the SEC who did that.

We probably could have drafted both Collins and Dobson in the 4th round.

Just because you hadn't heard of Collins doesn't mean BB just found him under a rock. Consensus 2nd rounder and on the rise.

Last edited:
Dallas Thomas wouldn't surprise me for our next pick.

And, here we have the first person who clearly believes he's better than Belichick expressing himself.

OH, BTW, I didn't realize that having 20 TFLs and 10.5 sacks was "not standing out" against weak competition. I guess all DEs in the SEC put up those numbers, right?? Looking forward to you listing all the DEs in the SEC who did that.

And supposedly that was him dogging it.

Crable part 2?

I love the Pats, but BB has not had the best recent history in the draft.

Really? I'd say BB's recent history has been pretty good. You'd be hard pressed to find a team with better drafts the last three or four years. Our 2010 draft was actually historically good.

i think were gonna go for poyer or logan ryan and then a WR whether its allen, wheaton or patton

Not that I don't appreciate our service men and women...but what the hell are they doing at the draft? I don't fault them but...geez, it's just the draft. Stop making it such a sideshow.

the video highlights someone posted earlier looked good to me.... then again, highlights usually do.....

Just because you hadn't heard of Collins doesn't mean BB just found him under a rock. Consensus 2nd rounder and on the rise.

He had no idea who collins was

Hoping we draft Da'Rick Rogers with 1 of the next 2 picks

maybe Keenan Allen

Wow RG3's weapon is now his rival in the same division

Honey Badger seems semi-literate.
Shut up, man. You don't know what you're talking about, man. I'm blessed, man.

I was half hoping Manny would pop out and start yelling "meng" to introduce the next pick.

6609160_orig.jpg

New England Patriots ‏@Patriots 1m
According to Stats Inc., new Patriots WR Aaron Dobson didn't have a single drop on 92 targets last year.

Keenan Allen continues to free fall. Went from a consensus one of the top WRs in the draft to seeing yet another WR drafted before him in the third round. Might be a good value pick if he is still there when the Pats select again.

Only took the Jets 4 picks to make a smart pick.

I actually like all of the Jet's picks. Milliner was the consensus best CB, Richardson is a beast at DT, Geno Smith is a good QB, 43-6 TD to INT ratio last year.

I actually like all of the Jet's picks. Milliner was the consensus best CB, Richardson is a beast at DT, Geno Smith is a good QB, 43-6 TD to INT ratio last year.

I am no draftnick, but I wasn't all that impressed especially with the fact that they had two first round picks and needs everywhere and they used both picks in areas they are actually in pretty good shape already.

Quickness is more relevant for slots wr's than outside the numbers guys who are almost 6'4".

That wasn't the point that was brought up, Patsfan13. Go back and look at what he was responding to.

TommyBrady12 was responding to Manxman who made the comment : "Will be much happier if he's paired with one of the quicker guys so I'm not overly concerned yet."

TommyBrady12 asked how Dobson was slow at 4.44. Manxman didn't say Dobson was slow. Just not as quick. And I pointed out that Dobson's quickness numbers (3-cone and Short Shuttle) are the worst of any Patriot receiver drafted. And that includes Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson and Taylor Price.

I don't. They've overspent on Milliner when they could have taken a comparable talent deeper into the draft, where does Richardson fit in their rotation and I'm not high on Geno. They would have been better served dogging it this season and hoping a cornerstone QB was available early next season whilst addressing areas they weren't already in reasonable shape.

I like Dobson he seems like what Lloyd should have been. Great hands and size, hopefully his route running is good too.

Interested to see what they do with Collins, seems like he can cover and rush the passer which is a great plus our LB are all redundant and getting one that can cover was a huge need.

My opinion on those guys doesn't mean I think I know more than Belichick. Stop being sensitive to opinions that doesn't align with your Belichick cool-aid drinking train of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes