PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rounds 2&3 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
get ready for another surprise...

Yeah, that must be it. Baltimore needs a safety and a MLB, and they go straight for their targets. NE needs a WR and a safety, and they head straight for an outside linebacker.

Deus - clearly doesn't understand football.

I didn't like Wilson pick last year, and i don't like Collins pick this year as well. Vernon Gholston had great measurable as well.

I know NOTHING about Collins. I am reading about how he is a pass rusher - WHY, when I saw his highlights NONE were sacks or rushing the passer - they were all pursuit highlights. They looked good, but can this guy be a rusher?

Yeah, that must be it. Baltimore needs a safety and a MLB, and they go straight for their targets. NE needs a WR and a safety, and they head straight for an outside linebacker.

Because pass rush and LB speed is such a strength.

Are you planning to sit Hightower, or Mayo?

I'm not sure, you act like teams play in their base D 100% of the time. Bottom line we needed another pass rusher on 2nd+3rd downs.

As much as I disliked the Tavon Wilson pick last year. I like this year's pick. Can't get enough speed and size to get after QB. WR will still be there. I would love to see UCLA running back, Franklin in the 3rd.

The Patriots didn't need a pass rusher?

:confused:

Funny. I think it was the biggest need. Opposing QBs at times had time to eat a sandwich before getting the pass off against the Pats.

I didn't like Wilson pick last year, and i don't like Collins pick this year as well. Vernon Gholston had great measurable as well.

Yeah with Gholston backing up his numbers with so many TFL and sacks in college :rolleyes:

I was close wasn't i, i said Lacy but they took another RB instead.

Because pass rush and LB speed is such a strength.

Again, are you going to sit Hightower, or Mayo? Have you heard that the team is going back to the 3-4?

Collins can rush and cover. Absolutely a good pick for us. :rocker:

How would react to trading Mallett after draft and getting Barkley with our 2nd 3rd round pick?

No no no no no.

(sorry)

Mallett was a bona-fide 1st round quarterback who fell because of physique and character concerns. He's had 2 seasons to work on those.

Barkley is a weak-armed USC quarterback who no-one wanted in the 1st round because they don't believe he can get it done at the top level.

Mallett >>>>>> Geno Smith >>>>>> Barkley

broncos get a RB ..

I know some people will be happy with the Patriots pick, me not so much

Funny. I think it was the biggest need. Opposing QBs at times had time to eat a sandwich before getting the pass off against the Pats.

was a big need and they helped that by getting collins

I know who the pats picked

The Pats' offense was by FAR the best in the league last year. They were 4.5 points per game better than the #2 offense (Denver). Their problem was defense - specifically, pass defense. And even more specifically, the pass rush.

They just added a dynamic edge rusher. You'd think that would normally make us fans happy.

Keenan Allen or Moore from A & M but knowing the Pats - Schwenkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back