PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Ravens Post Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win tonight. I just wish TFB would stop throwing balls to the damn ground. Looked like a bum a couple of throws. Sorry, Tom. I still love you.

I know you're being sarcastic, but he did throw one into the ground on purpose. There were two defenders around Amendola. No point in risking anything with a big lead.

This team can actually run the ball, lets see if they stick with it. In my opinion their red zone woes will end once they committ to running the ball in the red zone. They down right beat up the physical ravens, nice win now dont forget it!

We just got home from the game. Fantastic showing by both the Pats and the fans who came to the game today.

I hope not.

The game did get moved to 4:25p and it makes a lot of sense. Now NE and DEN will be playing their final games at the same time. Thus the schedule makers have taken away from DEN the luxury of being able to rest starters if NE had lost earlier in the day.

two things I really liked today was.

1. We out-physicaled the ravens...In the past this was the type of game where we abandon the run and our oline gets dominated. instead we ran it down their throats.

2. I thought our secondary played good..maybe this is a case of talib being healthy. but it seemed like Flacco had a REAL hard time finding anyone open. alot of our sacks were coverage sacks...kudos to Logan ryan. kid is a player.

now if Dennard can get healthy I really like our secondary. We are also playing better against the run since siligia has been in

The game did get moved to 4:25p and it makes a lot of sense. Now NE and DEN will be playing their final games at the same time. Thus the schedule makers have taken away from DEN the luxury of being able to rest starters if NE had lost earlier in the day.

This is one of those cases where the integrity of the game and the entertainment value are aligned.

This is one of those cases where the integrity of the game and the entertainment value are aligned.

there should be a "few" there in between "those" and "cases" IMHO.

Calling it now. Pats 40-22.

Fake field goal, Gost throws TD pass to an uncovered Hoomanawanui out on the flank and Pats carry the momentum to a big win when no one expected it. Kinda like the '04 game in St. Louis.

(Hard to believe — but worth noting — they scored all those points without a 6-6 freakishly athletic tight end to help them in the red zone.)

Bet you feel like a real idiot for doubting the Pats :p

I was so happy tonight, and so proud of this team. They just kept at it, for 60 minutes, running & running and then running some more, then passing when the Ravens defense moved to deal with the run.

Some of my favorite scene/images were of Suggs on the sideline, sitting there with his mouth hanging open in disbelief. Harbaugh looking at whichever unit was on the field with eyes that alternated between wanting to kill someone and an internal facepalm.

At first, I was a little upset that we ran that last pick back for a touchdown. Then I remembered we were playing Baltimore and it just felt so good to see them lit up, the scoreboard looking like an NBA game and their fristration on the sideline.

Oh, and the image of Flacco smacking the play thermals with his fist.

I'm all ready for Christmas now. :cool:

A few "at-the-game" observations: After the Pats first TD, the Ravens fans became very quiet, and that continued for most of the game, so getting out front early reduced the 12th man effect - a definite plus on the Pats side. Also the Pats were able to sustain drives and generally had good field position often during the game, something the Ravens couldn't do.

On a negative front, I saw a lot of classless behavior by fans...throwing punches because someone was a Pats fan. Fourty-somethings screaming obscenities at 14-15 year olds wearing Wilfork jerseys, and no security in sight whatsoever. I've never been to Gillette, so I have no point of comparison. I just hope this isn't standard at NFL stadiums.

Only two offensive linemen starting in their usual position. They had one of the better games this OL has had all season.

Heard cannon was sub par.

He made one mistake that I noticed - there may have been more. But I'm really talking about them as a unit. They protected Brady and created room, mainly for Blount. Can't ask for much more.

He made one mistake that I noticed - there may have been more. But I'm really talking about them as a unit. They protected Brady and created room, mainly for Blount. Can't ask for much more.

I was just going off what some have said about him. Good to hear they did better. I wasn't able to see any part of the game and play by play for the first 25 minutes. Just heard he made some mistakes that were subpar.

Merry $%^&ing Christmas to me. A stomping of the shizbirds in their own house is more then I can ask for. It's exactly what I got. LOVE IT.

How did we get the last TD to make it 41? Blount scored and made it 27, Jones scored and made it 34, What happened? My stream cut to the GB game..

Tavon Wilson, remember him?:eek: He got a 74 yard Pick 6 in the closing minutes.:cool::cool:

I counted 3 glaring mistakes for Cannon. I was disappointed.

Have to give props to Mankins at LT. Guy really showed how athletic he is and why he's considered to be the Pats BEST O-lineman.

Heard something that was interesting about him. He has practiced at all 5 positions. I'd love to see Mankins at center calling out the blocking assignments.. But only if we had upgrades at LG and RG..

I counted 3 glaring mistakes for Cannon. I was disappointed.

Have to give props to Mankins at LT. Guy really showed how athletic he is and why he's considered to be the Pats BEST O-lineman.

Heard something that was interesting about him. He has practiced at all 5 positions. I'd love to see Mankins at center calling out the blocking assignments.. But only if we had upgrades at LG and RG..

Mankins has been flat-out intriguing with his play, it really makes me wonder how we can upgrade the O-line with his versatility. Mankins at Center makes me giddy:rocker:

Great game.

Siliga stepped up.
Chandler Jones drew a lot of attention all game.
Ninkovich made some nice stops.
Jamie Collins and Donta Hightower each had a nice Pass defensed.
Loved Mankins and Kline stepping up on the O-line.
Blount has revived his career. He's got some damn good cutting skills.
Tavon Wilson had a couple nice plays. The interception, but also on coverage.

Great to see Logan Ryan stepping up at corner.

Stupid Stupid Stupid penalty by Cole. Touching the ball when you had gone out of bounds??? He's supposed to know that.

Cannon had 3 errors in the 1st half. It was disappointing.

Hope that Vereen and McCourty are ok.

Other walking wounded include Arrington, Gregory, and Dennard, though Dennard only played while Arrington was on the sidelines..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back