PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Ravens Post Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to break up all of the PI talk, but let's all take a moment to watch Michael Oher being pathetic.

kaoher.gif

Wow!! He allowed a DB to drive him into the backfield and blow the play up. That's absolutely embarrassing.

Sorry to break up all of the PI talk, but let's all take a moment to watch Michael Oher being pathetic.

kaoher.gif

Hah - -pretty sad. And funny. Reminds me of Yukon Cornelius shoving out the Bumble.

Though if I recall that play correctly, didn't that play go for some decent yardage? Always frustrating when teams make good gains on busted plays against the Pats D.

Hah - -pretty sad. And funny.

Though if I recall that play correctly, didn't that play go for some decent yardage? Always frustrating when teams make good gains on busted plays against the Pats D.

Yeah, 5 yards. There were a bunch of guys in great position on the right and two guys ready to make the tackle if he were to have cut back all the way to the left side, but nobody directly up the middle. Flacco sacked himself on the next play and they punted, so no harm in the end.

Hah - -pretty sad. And funny. Reminds me of Yukon Cornelius shoving out the Bumble.

That's a lot more of a "Patriots call was perfect" than an Oher problem. The blitzer came in from wide, so Oher had to get out and up in a hurry. When Arrington gets to him, the RB is already almost up his ass. Oher needs to stone Arrington, but the RB had already gotten so close that the play was dead on the right.

Just my $.02

Did the defender look back at the ball/play the ball? If not did the defender make any contact with the receiver while the ball as in the air?
One can argue the fairness of the point but one thing is certain (something every Pats fan should know from the 2011,2010 secondary), don't look back/play the ball, open yourself up for minor contact being PI. Every player knows this. Every player knows that if you don't look back you open yourself wide for a PI call. Many a situation like this in 2010-2011 occurred where Pats defenders weren't/wouldn't look back (something causing this board to steam) and getting called for frustrating/seemingly unfair PI because of minor contact.
Calling PI like this may not be fair but it the way it is. Don't turn around = very minor contact is now open to be called PI. Again the Patriots were victims of this many times thru the darker secondary days of a a few years ago.

The GIF is on here. Smith was looking back for the ball as the contact was made.

Re: Defensive snaps in Game 15

Is Dennard hurt or did Ryan overtake him on the depth chart?

Re: Defensive snaps in Game 15

Dennard was being worked out in the warm-ups, which meant he was a game time decision.

Think this was more of Dennard only being used in case someone went down.

I saw a DB blitz of the edge for a sack.

Hadnt seem one of those in a long time.

announcers kept going on about Flaccid's knee brace and how it was hurting his performance. Gee Brady's been wearing one on the same knee since '09....:eek:

I saw a DB blitz of the edge for a sack.

Hadnt seem one of those in a long time.

Watching Arrington giving up long completions down the sidelines, it's easy to forget what a fine player he is when he's doing what he's good at. Among other things, he's an outstanding pass rusher.

Apparently the comments from Pereira and the other ref ended the debate and stopped the claims that only KoolAid chugging homers see that as a good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back