PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Ravens Post Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game.

Siliga stepped up.
Chandler Jones drew a lot of attention all game.
Ninkovich made some nice stops.
Jamie Collins and Donta Hightower each had a nice Pass defensed.
Loved Mankins and Kline stepping up on the O-line.
Blount has revived his career. He's got some damn good cutting skills.
Tavon Wilson had a couple nice plays. The interception, but also on coverage.

Great to see Logan Ryan stepping up at corner.

Stupid Stupid Stupid penalty by Cole. Touching the ball when you had gone out of bounds??? He's supposed to know that.

Cannon had 3 errors in the 1st half. It was disappointing.

Hope that Vereen and McCourty are ok.

Other walking wounded include Arrington, Gregory, and Dennard, though Dennard only played while Arrington was on the sidelines..
I can't recall specifically when it was but there was a similar instance where a Pats ST'er ran out of bounds and came back in bounds to make a play on a punt in the preseason (forget the year). I think said player was cut shortly afterward. Definitely a really stupid play by Cole even if it didn't matter much.

You know what has to happen now, right?

Every week, Patriots have to go watch a movie. I don't care if they see Lone Survivor two times or three times, but they need to go see something! This game was amazin!

Matt Patricia b^tch slapped Dean Pees today ... :D

Last edited:
A few things. The refs were actually on our side for once, but they didn't play a role in how bad the Ravens played overall. I loved Blount's consistency when our offense seemed to lose a little of its spark when Vereen went out. Siglia and the defense as a whole really stepped up. Great Win.

On a side note, I hate Cole. He is the only person on the team that I truly do not like. He covers kicks well but I blame him every time Edelman has to call for a fair catch because gunners consistently breeze by him.

ff831522de510fce2c9809fe5d5b347652c8fda82b61fe2416ba481f7902537e_large

quack quack thats my RB..
yCO2z.png

ROFL, Blount doing the Ray Lewis dance IN Baltimore is the funniest thing EVAH!!! I hope their fans enjoy that animated gif!! Cos I sure did!! :D

A few things. The refs were actually on our side for once, but they didn't play a role in how bad the Ravens played overall.
The refs were on nobody's side. Ron Winters and his crew are just terrible.

ff831522de510fce2c9809fe5d5b347652c8fda82b61fe2416ba481f7902537e_large

quack quack thats my RB..
yCO2z.png

Gonna save this gif. I busted out laughin when I saw Blount do this. I missed these kinda taunts.

Dobson consistently beats his man deep ( great sign)...just has to work on bringing in the ball better

Chandler Jones will be a dominate pass rusher in this league when he stops taking himself out of so many plays. What separates good pass rushers from the great ones is the ability to close down on the QB when they get close, he's still young but a lot of the time as chandler goes to turn the corner he just gets ridden up the field past the QB. Its something that takes time to develop but next year this guy will be the pass rusher we've been waiting for.

I love that they won, and it was great to watch the score roll up, and to watch Suggs get away with a blow to Brady's head, so that he can no longer even pretend that Brady gets all the calls. Having said that, Flacco's leg was obviously a huge factor, and the early bad calls also helped a lot. By the time the Ravens even had a chance to settle down, the game was tilted well into the Patriots favor. It was remniscent of the 45-3 Jets game like that, and I'd rather not see the Patriots face the Ravens in a playoff rematch.

I love that they won, and it was great to watch the score roll up, and to watch Suggs get away with a blow to Brady's head, so that he can no longer even pretend that Brady gets all the calls. Having said that, Flacco's leg was obviously a huge factor, and the early bad calls also helped a lot. By the time the Ravens even had a chance to settle down, the game was tilted well into the Patriots favor. It was remniscent of the 45-3 Jets game like that, and I'd rather not see the Patriots face the Ravens in a playoff rematch.

I don't know...the Ravens offense looks very bad, especially w/Flacco's injury. I'd like our chances again. They have a lot of issues. I'd rather play them than most of the other playoff teams or playoff contenders. The momentum may have jumped in our favor early (perhaps due to some iffy penalties) but a good team can dig themselves out of a hole. The Ravens floundered.

I don't know...the Ravens offense looks very bad, especially w/Flacco's injury. I'd like our chances again. They have a lot of issues. I'd rather play them than most of the other playoff teams or playoff contenders. The momentum may have jumped in our favor early (perhaps due to some iffy penalties) but a good team can dig themselves out of a hole. The Ravens floundered.

The Patriots have lost to the Jets and Dolphins this year, and they would have lost to the Browns if not for an onsides kick recovery. The Ravens are better than all of those teams, and they're the only AFC team that matches toughness with the Patriots. I'd much rather see the Chargers get the 6 seed, if the Patriots don't get the 1 seed.

Pats ran for 142 against the 8th best run D in the league. No fumbles. Kudos to Dante and Ivan.

24 to 36 Pass to Run ratio.

THAT is what I was screaming about before , during and after last week's game in Miami.

They SHOULD be on a 5 game winning streak right now. McDaniels simply had a brainfart last week.

Chandler Jones will be a dominate pass rusher in this league when he stops taking himself out of so many plays. What separates good pass rushers from the great ones is the ability to close down on the QB when they get close, he's still young but a lot of the time as chandler goes to turn the corner he just gets ridden up the field past the QB. Its something that takes time to develop but next year this guy will be the pass rusher we've been waiting for.

Tough to tell that from our couches, as many times he is not only called on to pass rush but get involved in other defensive assignments... hold the edge, involvement in coverage etc.

When you watch the moving parts that happen so quickly you realize how many schemes are used.... while he looks like he is out of a play, he is really doing his job.

im kind of looking forward to reading about how the patriots managed to steal this one, and how it was a gift win because flacco was hurt, and penalties, and the sun was in their eyes and all the other typical nonsense.
Is that you, Shank?

in case it hasn't been said already. And if it isn't why isn't it. but

"We Physical...... they finesse."

Suck it Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back