PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Eagles game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the list of inactive players and it's pretty extensive. This is the night for our young guys leave a lasting impression.

I'm not saying that this lineup is because of ESPN but Bedard seems to think it wouldn't happen if it were CBS - can someone remind me, other than Tom Jackson, if there is an issue with Bill & ESPN. I'm not saying there is or isn't, I just can't remember one.

I can't imagine BB's doing anything just to extend his whole F-U attitude toward ESPN, putting that above his team. The way I see it, you've got the whole three-games-in-ten-days thing, and, besides, Game 3 of pre-season is usually the big one for starters.

On the other hand, I can imagine Belichick barely suppressing a pretty big smirk at the whole situation tonight. "Doing what's best for my team."

I just looked at the list of inactive players and it's pretty extensive. This is the night for our young guys leave a lasting impression.

From Reiss:

QB Tom Brady
RB Jeff Demps
FB Spencer Larsen
WR Wes Welker
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR Jabar Gaffney
TE Aaron Hernandez
TE Daniel Fells
TE Visanthe Shiancoe
TE Jake Ballard
G Logan Mankins
G Brian Waters
T Sebastian Vollmer
T Matt Kopa
T Markus Zusevics

DT Vince Wilfork
DT Jonathan Fanene
DT Gerard Warren
DT Myron Pryor
DE Rob Ninkovich
LB Jerod Mayo
LB Tracy White
CB Devin McCourty
CB Kyle Arrington
CB Alfonzo Dennard
S Tavon Wilson
S James Ihedigbo

Tight end Rob Gronkowski was in uniform and led stretching during pre-game warmups.

In a bit of a surprise, running back Stevan Ridley is in uniform after missing Friday's practice.

and yet they still charge full price for preseason...

Tonight may be the night that decides the Stallworth vs Branch position battle. Both will likely start and play most of the game.

I can't imagine BB's doing anything just to extend his whole F-U attitude toward ESPN, putting that above his team. The way I see it, you've got the whole three-games-in-ten-days thing, and, besides, Game 3 of pre-season is usually the big one for starters.

On the other hand, I can imagine Belichick barely suppressing a pretty big smirk at the whole situation tonight. "Doing what's best for my team."

ESPN is up to the same old sh!t. Mentioning that the Pats have the easiest schedule and asking how did that happen? Making fun of the running game because Brady has the most rushing yards and rushing touchdowns of any of the current roster. I don't know if Bill did this o purpose or not but I'm glad it worked out this way.

Suze Kolber sez Mallett must have shown something of late since he's starting over Hoyer.

I guess that's why she gets the big bucks?

Yes, Gruden. Who replaces Matt Light is certainly a very salient question... ?!?

No Brady = Not interested.

Have a good night folks.

Tell me how Chandler Jones does.

I agree with this post.

The Lady knows what the hell she's talking about...

BTW...big shout out to the Omish...another tremendous job of putting the cart before the horse...can't wait for next preseason when he puts the Pats in Hong Kong, Kuwait and the Nazca Plain of Peru in a 7 day span...

He told you he's dedicating this season to his son and you asked why? Awesome broadcasting right there.2 thumbs up.

Would've loved to hear Gruden say Todd Light one last time
Todd Light, 2009-2011. Never forget. He was an outstanding football player and could play on Gruden's football team anyday, just like the other 1,800+ players in the NFL.

Last edited:
Here comes the parade of flags!

Todd Light, 2009-2011. Never forget. He was an outstanding football player and could play on Gruden's football team anyday, just like the other 1,800+ players in the NFL.

We should wear TL patches. Never Forget.

Wow Solder....nice

Tackles looking crappy so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back