PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots Chargers POST game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The offficial Patriots Chargers POST game thread.

Didnt they win like 19-17 in 06 opener vs bills and 09 opener 25-24? Not trying to be a dbag here or anything still for the most part they've done great in their openers.

You're correct. However, he was just repeating what CBS said on air..

Tons of Injuries.

Tons of bad calls by the referee's.

It Slowed the game down a lot.

Has there ever been a better 2 games back to back by a QB?

Brady in 2007 versus Dallas and then Miami; 11 TDs and 0 interceptions.

Here is one of my gripe against the NFL officials today. They call a ticky-tacky d-holding on Bodden.

Then Gronk gets pulled to the ground well beyond 5 yards and no call?:eek:

So it looks like the Polian Rule is back this week!

And what about Branch getting slapped in the helmet before the ball arrived? No PI call! Obvious, not hidden.

You're correct. However, he was just repeating what CBS said on air..

Oh must of missed it.

And what about Branch getting slapped in the helmet before the ball arrived? No PI call! Obvious, not hidden.
Not only slapped, but had his facemask pulled.. That's what Brady was complaining about.

Some things that pop to mind:

- Deion Branch runs really pretty routes.

- Philip Rivers throws amazingly accurate deep balls.

- Can we officially declare that "Mayo doesn't make big plays" meme dead? Two absolute game-changers in critical situations tonight.

- It's a lot of fun watching people try to tackle Rob Gronkowski when he has a full head of steam.

- Anybody else feel like they kept seeing the number 50 in the middle of good defensive plays? Glad they extended Ninkovich.

- I suspect a lot of the reporting on this game will be along the lines of NFL.com's headine: "Brady leads Pats, who capitalize on Bolts' miscues." IMO the word "miscues" doesn't do the defense justice this time. It's not like last year, when SD literally left balls lying on the ground unloved. Yeah, Tolbert was boneheaded running backwards. But by and large, those turnovers were forced. (Did you ever once find yourself laughing at Rivers, saying "what was he THINKING with that throw?")
Actually, Yes, on both inteceptions. Although the second you could say that the pass rush played a part when the DLineman pushed the Charger tackle toward Rivers.

You clearly have some warped definition of what constitutes pressure on a QB. As I said, I lost track of the number of dump offs to the RB and the number of times that Rivers was flushed from the pocket..

You're evaluation of McCourty also leaves a lot to be desired.

It's dumpoffs after a good 5 or so seconds in the pocket. That's a good amount of time in the pocket. If Ninja recorded the game, we can take a look at the amount of time he had in there. But I know I'm not the only one who saw Rivers have a lot of time back there for the most part.

As far as McCourty, again, you are in the minority here. He didn't play well.

The Polian rules are so last year. We have new rules this year. They're called the Revis Rules.

Chargers played dirty it seemed.

Garay low hit on Brady. He wasnt even blocked into him or anything. He blatantly dove low.

Bob Sanders blatant helmet to helmet on Gronkowski. This one didnt even get called because he just bounced off Gronk, but it was still Helmet to helmet.

Garay faking injury during Patriots No huddle?

I thought the D played pretty well against the Chargers today they had a tougher time against the refs..... The PF against Carter was a joke.

I was really mad about all the calls against our DB's, Then on the other side they mugged Branch on the 4th down no call, in the 3rd qtr, there was a 3rd down pass to Welker that was overthrown (the play before Mesko was hurt) on the play Gronk was tackled ....... no call outrageous given the calls on Bodden away from the play. I thought the PI on Arrington was pretty bad to he was playing the ball and reaching back...:mad:

I am good with the win of course and loved Big Vince's Int.
Come on now, at the very least, there were bad calls or non calls benfitting both teams. On the Tolbert fumble a Patriot Dlineman was tripping the runner, illegal at all levels of football. I'd say the calls/non calls were pretty even.

I'm not sure which is worse, the officials or the kneed jerk, chicken littles in the game thread.

When you consider the insane throw and catches by the Chargers O, and the lopsided officiating, this game was nothing short of amazing that the Pats won. The Chargers may be the most talented team the Pats play all season. I'm proud of our teams composure after all the BS. If the officials aren't fired after not throwing a flag after the intentional, low hit on Brady, the NFL has lost the tiny shread of credibility that it has left. Wait a minute... they lost that during the lockout... sorry for the confusion.

It was a game.
I've seen worse calling, but the officials are like players insomuch that they're learning their jobs as the players are learning their jobs.
The officials are human, alike.
I place college grades, weekly, as a teaching assistant (you'd be very afraid if you knew which school, you New England fools!). Would you like "player" grades this week, or "officiating" grades? How would you like to be examined? As a "player" or an "official"?
As a human, or as "them... they who already know everything, so Them should be x-rayed up to an beyond ridiculous."

ok, D held when pushed against the wall> hope they are still coming together and will gel in a couple of games.

the injuries to our secondary are scary ... Hope arrington is ok after that violent H-2-H collision.

Do we need a new punter now for this season, that one looked bad too :eek:

They only go into effect when the Patriots are on defense.

When we're on offense however, you're allowed to tackle recievers

Come on now, at the very least, there were bad calls or non calls benfitting both teams. On the Tolbert fumble a Patriot Dlineman was tripping the runner, illegal at all levels of football. I'd say the calls/non calls were pretty even.

pao - ROLFMAO.. You've got to be kidding.. The D-linemen were all tied up with your O-linemen.. How can you say there was tripping?? That's just silliness on your part..

It was clear that most of the calls were in the Chargers favor, though some of them were so blatant, that they had to be called as they were.

It was a game.
I've seen worse calling, but the officials are like players insomuch that they're learning their jobs as the players are learning their jobs.
The officials are human, alike.
I place college grades, weekly, as a teaching assistant (you'd be very afraid if you knew which school, you New England fools!). Would you like "player" grades this week, or "officiating" grades? How would you like to be examined? As a "player" or an "official"?
As a human, or as "them... they who already know everything, so Them should be x-rayed up to an beyond ridiculous."

In the NHL, Officials are graded on a per game basis by the heads of officiating. This was implemented by Andy Van Hellemond. It improved the quality of the officials on the ice significantly. There is no reason that they can't do the same thing in the NFL.. Saying they can't is a cop out.

O looked amazing. Brady is Godlike

Our D does not give much pressure and that is troubling to me:(

I hope our boys are not severely hurt:mad:

I liked the alignment with Solder and Gronk as TE great run blocking in the 4th qtr to ice the game.

O looked amazing. Brady is Godlike

Our D does not give much pressure and that is troubling to me:(

I hope our boys are not severely hurt:mad:

At times in the second half the O looked inept. It should have been a blowout really if they could have put a TD up to go 27-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes