PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots Chargers POST game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The offficial Patriots Chargers POST game thread.

The things my zero football accumen mind is questioning are the following:

1. Talent on D. McCourty had a nice year in 2010, but I wonder whether 2010 is the abberation rather than this season. Like any other fans, we tend to overrate our players. Making a true comparison of our secondary against the league....where do we really rank?

2. Coaching. Do we have enough folks invested in teaching defense to our players. Teaching specifics and nuances of of being a DB. Are the coaches we have the best we can get.....or just the least "poachable" by other teams.

Its not often you see someone celebrate their own ignorance with such verve - so congratulations to you.

I really can't wait for your next series of rhetorical, inane musings.

With our team positioned at 2-0 you seem to be taking an inordinate amount of enjoyment from pointing out perceived weaknesses.

Thats troll behavior in my book.

You seriously expect Patriots fans to weight 2 games early season over a full 16 game schedule last year in the career of Devin McCourty?

I'm going to answer your questions - and because you pride yourself on doing no research or critical thinking - I know you won't be in a position to refute either.

1. First place. The Best.

2. Yes they are the best. To ever coach the game.

Last edited:

Its not often you see someone celebrate their own ignorance with such verve - so congratulations to you.

I really can't wait for your next series of rhetorical, inane musings.

With our team positioned at 2-0 you seem to be taking an inordinate amount of enjoyment from pointing out perceived weaknesses.

Thats troll behavior in my book.

You seriously expect Patriots fans to weight 2 games early season over a full 16 game schedule last year in the career of Devin McCourty?

I'm going to answer your questions - and because you pride yourself on doing no research or critical thinking - I know you won't be in a position to refute

either.

1. First place. The Best.

2. Yes they are the best. To ever coach the game.

More name calling. Awesome. But in return I will give you due respect.

Bolded....there is no perceived weakness....only weakness in our D.

I choose to engage it rather than make excuses for it. My comments above are just thoughts. Never said they were facts. But nobody says, I can absolutely prove you wrong, because......

Their answer is always belittling and namecalling. Grow up.

1. Talent on D. McCourty had a nice year in 2010, but I wonder whether 2010 is the abberation rather than this season. Like any other fans, we tend to overrate our players. Making a true comparison of our secondary against the league....where do we really rank?

2. Coaching. Do we have enough folks invested in teaching defense to our players. Teaching specifics and nuances of of being a DB. Are the coaches we have the best we can get.....or just the least "poachable" by other teams.
So lets see you have determined in TWO GAMES this year that McCourty's performance over 17 games may have been an abberation. Stick to Pushnpencils please.

I choose to engage it rather than make excuses for it. My comments above are just thoughts. Never said they were facts. But nobody says, I can absolutely prove you wrong, because......

Right.

Because you are too lazy to bring any type of insight or factual basis to your arguments (who actually reads BOOKS? LOL!) you seem to think people should spend time refuting your 'thoughts'.

Like I say, you seem to wallow in the fact that everything you produce amounts to the inane ramblings of someone who can't be bothered to do the smallest amount of research.

You are getting the level of respect you deserve.

I won't comment on the D anymore. I also promise that I will eat crow happily due to my stupidity and lack of any true insight. If the team makes it into the AFC championship. If they get booted by their first playoff due to a continuously pourous secondary and lack of QB pressure that I predict will not get fixed...I want apologies. I'll even go so far to say that if our playoff failure is due to unforeseen impactful injury..no apology is necessary.

I won't comment on the D anymore. I also promise that I will eat crow happily due to my stupidity and lack of any true insight. If the team makes it into the AFC championship. If they get booted by their first playoff due to a continuously pourous secondary and lack of QB pressure that I predict will not get fixed...I want apologies. I'll even go so far to say that if our playoff failure is due to unforeseen impactful injury..no apology is necessary.

Thank you for this post. I mean it sincerely.

People, we've got pretty much a lock here on our playoff success as Mr Pencils here predicted, no he "guaranteed", that we'd get not one but two! (2) #1 draft picks for Matt Cassell. Join me in wishing Mr Writing Implement similar prognostication success in his latest unfounded assertion!

Point being that if you make enough blind squirrel assertions, one might actually come to pass...or not.

Last edited:

Ive been pissing and moaning about the same things for Six months, (lack of pass rush) but saying that after TWO games DMccourty may be a bust is just dumb. Chalk it up to going against a couple of the best WR's in the game who are 6'5'' and out weigh Dmac by thirty or forty lbs. Their both freakish in height size and speed. If the pass rush put more consistent pressure on Henne and Rivers i'm pretty sure the DB's would have done better.

Last edited:

Pats let Corwin Brown go after last season and moved one of their best coaches, Matt Patricia, to coach the safeties. In other words it's not as if the Pats don't proactively make upgrades when the situation warrants it. Patricia and Pepper Johnson are two of the top position coaches.

Do you really think the Pats hiring decisions of their 15-man (which apparently is not enough) coaching staff is based on who is "the least poachable"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News