PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots Chargers POST game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The offficial Patriots Chargers POST game thread.

Wow...that was quick.

You keep reading books Lombardi...but you'll learn more with your eye's. We'll talk at season's end. Compare notes.

See, that is your problem. You can't learn jack with your eyes if you don't understand the concepts to begin with. Maybe if you did, you'd make more sense.. Hence the suggestion for you to go and read some books..

But, whatever. Just sit here and whine and run around like chicken little. People like myself will just laugh at you, point out your ignorance, and move on..

yards are pretty unimportant when you have an offense that can score. I think the gameplan is simple on the chargers at this point. Play bend but dont break and watch the chargers implode. They are a great offense at getting yards but once inside the 20s they turn into a different team. When the pats needed to get stops they got them and the offense is so good they can cover for some of the defenses mistakes. The pats shut down gates (whether he is injured or not i have no idea) and you shut down their 2nd WR once floyd was out. VJ definitely killed it though. I wouldnt worry about the underneath passes, i really think that was the gameplan.

I'm sure that was the game plan as well but I still don't think they planned on just giving up on that underneath stuff. I almost more concerned about that then the down the field plays because many of those were just some great passes by Rivers and catches by the receivers. But how can nobody be responsible for the running back play after play? I'd be shocked if the plan was to let them march up and down the field like that all afternoon.

1.) Officiating has been bad around the league this week. New England is just one of many teams who got screwed.

2.) Brady was brilliant for most of the game.

3.) Anyone still want to claim Branch is done?

4.) The tight ends are tremendous, but this team is going to have to use more 3 WR sets to keep them from getting killed.

5.) McCourty has not been getting it done so far this year.

6.) The safeties... yeesh!

7.) BJGE seemed to go outside more today, and with success.

8.) Great goal line stand

9) Big Vince almost had a Dan Connolly moment. Great job on the INT

10.) Bodden was getting called for things that the officials wouldn't even think about calling on Revis.

11.) Ocho is slowly getting blended in.

12.) Let's all hope the injuries are minor.

13.) They've got to do something about defending the short-middle against the pass.

I was thinking this all game.

I hope Chris Carter was watching the game. He sure disappeared in the game.

Bottom line is, a win is a win. Pats defense bends but doesn't break and makes big plays where it counts. Stats don't mean shlt, unless Brady is throwing for at least 400 yards and 3 TDs a game.

I know people are down on McCourty, but lets get real. McCourty was going up against one of the best WRs in the league with a top 5 QB throwing to him. Jackson made 2 spectacular catches and made 2 others that were perfectly thrown and that there was no way McCourty could have made a play on them.

While I can't say McCourty played well, I think people are dumping on him too much. He was going up against guys with a 6 inch height advantage on him. Most of the time McCourty was right with the WR, but with their height, they only needed a small push to gain the separation they needed to make the catch. I suspect next week he will have a significantly better game when he doesn't have to try and cover monsters. Hopefully people will give him a chance before making him the next board whipping boy.

Three goal-line stops in two weeks - awesome!

Yes! Would this have happened last year?

How bout Ocho getting involved?

HE caught 2 passes. The crowd went crazy

Nice to see Ocho working his way into the offense more. Would be nice to see him more involved, but the Pats have the good position of having so many weapons on offense that they can afford to let him learn.

Can we get a little pressure on the QB? Rivers had DAYS to throw. This is not a good sign

Seems they had more pressure in the first half, not sure if they were getting tired or what.

Yeah, maybe the biggest concern coming out of the game. Can't afford to lose Hernandez, and the DBs are already having issues without injuries.

Just a quick mention. The pats gave up the following:

75 yards in the 2nd quarter that resulted in 0 points for the Chargers

The next series results in 34 yards of offense and an interception by Wilfork

The next possession (1st San Diego possession of the 3rd) was 77 yards of offense that ended with Browns interception.

There is 186 yards of offense with nothing to show for it. Nothing.

Yards only mean something when they result in points.. If you believe otherwise, then you've learned nothing about Belichick over his 11 seasons.

1.) Officiating has been bad around the league this week. New England is just one of many teams who got screwed.

2.) Brady was brilliant for most of the game.

3.) Anyone still want to claim Branch is done?

4.) The tight ends are tremendous, but this team is going to have to use more 3 WR sets to keep them from getting killed.

5.) McCourty has not been getting it done so far this year.

6.) The safeties... yeesh!

7.) BJGE seemed to go outside more today, and with success.

8.) Great goal line stand

9) Big Vince almost had a Dan Connolly moment. Great job on the INT

10.) Bodden was getting called for things that the officials wouldn't even think about calling on Revis.

11.) Ocho is slowly getting blended in.

13.) They've got to do something about defending the short-middle against the pass.

Considering it's week 2 coming off a lockout shortened season...I'll take it.

See, that is your problem. You can't learn jack with your eyes if you don't understand the concepts to begin with. Maybe if you did, you'd make more sense.. Hence the suggestion for you to go and read some books..

But, whatever. Just sit here and whine and run around like chicken little. People like myself will just laugh at you, point out your ignorance, and move on..

So the game plans have been to allow 1000 yards of offense in the first two games?

I'd like to find that in your "textbooks".

Find for me, how many defenses that allow 5500 + yards of offense during the season have won the championship.

So the game plans have been to allow 1000 yards of offense in the first two games?

Find for me, how many defenses that allow 5500 + yards of offense during the season have won the championship.

Good point.

Absolutely NONE of us had totaled the yds and noticed this. Since the #s in the 1st two games are absolutely determanitive of the entire season and post season (if any) we might as well give up on the season now. We're done!

*sigh* Gotta love the 1+1 = 9,768,850 the you insist upon.

The game plans have been "Bend, Don't Break.". To take away the biggest threat and make the other team beat you without them. Guess what. Neither the Phins nor the chargers were up for the task.

Against San Diego, it was clearly to shut down Gates, play the LBs deep in coverage giving up the underneath stuff and force Rivers to beat them with picture perfect passes to Floyd and Jackson.

Again, the YARDS don't matter. And you acting like they do is laughable.

Over 40% of the yards that they allowed today result in zero points on the board.

Last week, the Pats went into the prevent, much to the chagrin of everyone, when they went up 31 to 17 about half way through the 3rd quarter. It was in the prevent, that the Phins put up over 220 yards. But only had 7 points to show for it.

Now, since you aren't bright enough to figure this out, no where did I say the Pats can't improve. They can. They always can. In fact, I said as much. Maybe, when you have a better understanding of the game, you'll understand that as well and be able to participate in conversations without sounding like the world is coming to an end.

Just got done watching the recording of the 2nd half and only have one thing to say:

The bend, but don't break defense has returned from 2007. They are just good enough to get by, but will eventually need to step it up.

Defense really has a hard time against the pass..

Referees were absolutely awful, so much BS calls against us..I'm still not over the Carter roughing the passer call. I liked the crowd reaction to ochocinco's catches!

So far this year the Pats defense is as bad as the Packers.

Just a quick mention. The pats gave up the following:

75 yards in the 2nd quarter that resulted in 0 points for the Chargers

The next series results in 34 yards of offense and an interception by Wilfork

The next possession (1st San Diego possession of the 3rd) was 77 yards of offense that ended with Browns interception.

There is 186 yards of offense with nothing to show for it. Nothing.

Yards only mean something when they result in points.. If you believe otherwise, then you've learned nothing about Belichick over his 11 seasons.

Those are good numbers, although we took a big step back in allowing 3rd down conversions- pretty high % today.

Can someone explain how the heck Andre Carter was penalised for roughing the passer ? He wrapped up Rivers and took him to the turf. Don't understand what Carter is supposed to do....he just completed the tackle. Yet some Charger douchebag going for Tom's knee isn't a flag :confused:

That was definitely a headscratcher. Garay should have been penalized and hopefully he at least gets fined for those low hits below the knee.

Can we Please cover the running back! The middle of the field was wide open all day long for those quick 8-10 yard passes!!!:bricks:

Those are good numbers, although we took a big step back in allowing 3rd down conversions- pretty high % today.

Yeah, I was disappointed in that.. Again, the dump offs got the Pats with the LBers playing 10-15 yards back of the LOS..

Need to give another shoutout to Brian Waters.. didn't give up a sack the whole game and nobody noticed him = doing his job.

Have to give kudos to our run game, not including Brady's pathetic 1.5 YPC, the runners (BJGE, Ridley, Woodhead) put together 101 yards, 1 TD, 1 extra point against a team that we've run very poorly against in the past (2.4 YPC last year).

Although the D gave up a lot of yards, we forced the turnovers and stopped them when we had to.

What good are textbooks?

You could read tons of books...and you're still an idiot.

The fundamental problem is that many on this board have zero idea how to watch football.

This game hung on one stat- 1st half SD almost 250 yards and 7 points.

Piling up yards is squat. Finishing drives is where it's at.

If you don't realize that finishing drives is key, you have no hope.

The reality is SD couldn't finish drives. SD couldn't do it because while they made many plays, they were not in a position vs the defense to make all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back