PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Brady Appeal Thread: Live Updates and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone believe tomorrow even matters? Ever since Kraft walked in there furious, and left hugging, I've assumed Kraft agreed to take the team punishments in exchange for a reduction of Brady's suspension. There is just nothing that Goodell could have said to bring Kraft around without guaranteeing a reduction of Brady's penalty.

The handshake agreement exists. The rest is theater.

I have an update to this report....

Garbage In....Garbage Out.....

I am pretty sure I could have saved the NFL millions...who's wearing plaid now.....eh!!!

Not that I think the science will be a driving issue because the league "believes" that the Pats have been deflating balls like forever, but were I Kessler I would NOT have an AEI guy there. Let their report independently speak for itself. I WOULD have the most erudite, layman speaking PhD (including some from Patsfans) there to address any stats & science point. I'd prefer a statistician to a physicist because it's accepted by all that the Ideal Gas Law altered the balls. What's in question is boggus application of statistical analysis by Exponent as well as ignoring the fact that balls in a warmer than outdoor room approach equilibrium.

...and the NFL disagreeing with Anderson's recollection of what gauge he used to measure the balls.

Unreal.

To say the AEI Report doesn't exonerate Brady is like someone accusing Brady of being involved in a high speed hit-&-run collision yesterday and then saying "well the fact that there isn't a single scratch on his car doesn't exonerate him."

I may not know what Tom Brady was doing yesterday, but the fact that the most important piece of evidence (his car) shows no signs of collision pretty much exonerates him 100%.

{insert Brandon Spikes joke here}

You're missing the key claim, which is that while Brady coincidentally was innocent for the one game they actually bothered to check, he cheated on other other occasions.

Kessler is part of Brady's team. Not sure if he or the NFLPA is paying his time sheets

i know, i just find it interesting thst wells, who is not part of the NFL, will be there. this could get ugly. what i would pay to be a fly on the wall in goodell's office tomorrow..

You're missing the key claim, which is that while Brady coincidentally was innocent for the one game they actually bothered to check, he cheated on other other occasions.
That jet game 16psi part of the report is so glaring it clearly shows wells had no idea about the game and how things work. I really hope they get after it. Iam still surprised that this part of the report has got zero coverage .

i know, i just find it interesting thst wells, who is not part of the NFL, will be there. this could get ugly. what i would pay to be a fly on the wall in goodell's office tomorrow..
OK. Not sure about the Wells appearance. Might be Goody having both cards to play. If Wells kicks ass, nothing changes. If he crumbles like a cookie, Goody might reduce the penalty. Either way I think tomorrow this is a side show. Main event is in court.

With that said, imagine the ratings this would get if this was on prime time TV?

I bet a 40 share. Easy.

will the footballs be in attendance? i want them cross examined.

I see the appeal going like this:

Ted Wells: "Our science is right because it is and those guys at AEI don't know what they are talking about."

Roger Goodell: "Well, I don't know how anyone can argue against that. So now that we have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the science in your report, Ted, is unimpeachable and it proves that Jim McNally deflated the balls in the bathroom, we can move on."

Kessler: "Mr. Wells, since we're all under oath, let me ask you what contact you had with the NFL and the executives after you started your investigation?"
Wells: "I can't answer that due to attorney client privilege that would have to be waived by the NFL"
Kessler:" Mr. Goodell are you willing to waive the privilege? I mean this was supposed to be an independent investigation.."

I can dream can't I????

If Kessler is allow to cross examine Wells, Brady may actually end up getting that public apology.
The Wells report is so blatantly slanted and directed at a preconceived verdict, he would have to simply lie in answering all of the questions about the process of the investigation.
The Goldberg report raised a lot of them for Kessler, the one that stood out to me the most, was the Exponent interaction, including the drafts, and changes, considering their report was dated the day of the Wells report, yet Wells wrote a 250 page report revolving around it.

Never going to happen. No matter what, Goodell is publicly going to back Wells and the report. He looks bad if he admits that the report is flawed and there is no evidence against Brady. Then the focus turns from the Pats being cheaters to Goodell being incompetent.

Wells was easily intimidated by a bunch of sports reporters on a remote conference call. He will get his ass handed to him by Kessler.

This is a defensive move by Goodell the Jenkins article and AEI left a mark.

AEI was more about the statistics than the science persay, lots of leaks this is still going to court.

AEI’s Stan Veuger: Roger Goodell Can’t Uphold Tom Brady’s Suspension

http://nesn.com/2015/06/aeis-stan-veuger-roger-goodell-cant-uphold-tom-bradys-suspension/

AEI’s Stan Veuger doesn’t believe Brady’s suspension can stand after the Wells Report was discredited by the think tank’s research. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will hear Brady’s suspension appeal Tuesday. “I don’t think (Goodell) can sustain the punishment for Brady that he put in place in the first place because that punishment was based, at least in part, on a report that has been at least, in part, discredited, so you would expect the punishment to come down,” Veuger told NESN.com. “At the same time, of course, he put a lot of faith in this report. He paid a lot of money for it. Walking away from the report is tough, too, plus it opens him up to all sorts of new complaints from the Patriots camp.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back