PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Media BS and More BS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no real sense in getting political about the undermining of the Bill of Rights. Both parties seem to love doing it, and it's usually the right carving back the 4th and 5th (the left particularly enjoys carving back the 1st and 2nd, while both sides completely ignore the 9th and 10th).

The NSA has the surveillance footage and the phone conversations. The drones have the real time footage. The ATF has the tracking GPS from the gun. The IRS is leaning on the Cleaning company. The Justice Dept is monitoring the reporters.
We're safe.
Foam Fingers Unite

OK, I'm not one to take gratuitous swipes at media -- I know a lot of journalists and they approach their job earnestly; I also know that appetite for "news" is intense so there a re lot of hacks out there that people need to just learn to ignore.

All that said: I just can't believe that Boston.com, a branch of The Globe, would have as its headline for today's update, this:

"Heavy media presence outside Hernandez home."

Seriously?

I cant beleive the leaches. Here is part of todays article.

John Mangili, 10, who lives diagonally across from Hernandez, made a run to Dunkin’ Donuts with his mother and cousin and brought back doughnuts and coffee to hand out to members of the media.

“A lot of the reporters have been here every day and I thought they might be hungry or want coffee,” Mangili, a fourth-grader, said. “I was bored and asked my mom if we could go to Dunkin’ Donuts so I could get something for the reporters and she said yes.”

For his efforts, several members if the media tipped Mangili and his cousin, 11-year-old Christin Rabbitt, of Lincoln, R.I.

Yeah!!!! Lets give these scumbag tabloid ass wipes some coffee and doughnuts. Its Sunday for Christ Sakes...Get a life. What is stalking AHs home going to accomplish? He is not doing a press conference.

The parents of these kids should be kicked.

Actually, what am I saying??? They probably want the press to make AH as miserable as possible. They dont want that murdering thug in their neighborhood.

I cant beleive the leaches. Here is part of todays article.

John Mangili, 10, who lives diagonally across from Hernandez, made a run to Dunkin’ Donuts with his mother and cousin and brought back doughnuts and coffee to hand out to members of the media.

“A lot of the reporters have been here every day and I thought they might be hungry or want coffee,” Mangili, a fourth-grader, said. “I was bored and asked my mom if we could go to Dunkin’ Donuts so I could get something for the reporters and she said yes.”

For his efforts, several members if the media tipped Mangili and his cousin, 11-year-old Christin Rabbitt, of Lincoln, R.I.

Yeah!!!! Lets give these scumbag tabloid ass wipes some coffee and doughnuts. Its Sunday for Christ Sakes...Get a life. What is stalking AHs home going to accomplish? He is not doing a press conference.

The parents of these kids should be kicked.

Actually, what am I saying??? They probably want the press to make AH as miserable as possible. They dont want that murdering thug in their neighborhood.

I wonder if his parents were the one's that "heard" the gunshots

I wonder if his parents were the one's that "heard" the gunshots

Precisely! Now we are getting at the heart of that matter.

"Aaron must have done it...he has tattoos"

Left wing YUPs who love to brag how they live in the "Patriots neighborhood" but when something goes down that dosent jive with their private school, Volvo lifestyle they are the first to point fingers.

If these people heard gunshot they would have called the ******* White House.

Give me a F'ING break.

Left wing YUPs who love to brag how they live in the "Patriots neighborhood" but when something goes down that dosent jive with their private school, Volvo lifestyle they are the first to point fingers.

Give me a F'ING break.

You've gone from a kid getting donuts for the media and the suspect gunshots report to partisan political bs pretty quickly.

You've gone from a kid getting donuts for the media and the suspect gunshots report to partisan political bs pretty quickly.

Isnt it all the same? lol

You are right. Let us get back on track. I hope there was poison in the doughnuts.

Isnt it all the same? lol

You are right. Let us get back on track. I hope there was poison in the doughnuts.

e31.jpg

There is obviously a market for this type of reporting. Even the people that are complaining about it went out of their way to find this type of information out, or so it seems. And this ain't exactly tabloid journalism in the bogus sense of National Enquirer or the Sun. It may have a touch of sensationalism, but they aren't lying.

And it's perfectly natural for people to form some sort of opinion based on what is being reported. At this point, I'd be a hell of a lot more surprised if Hernandez was not AT LEAST present when the murder took place than if he WAS present...or he knows damn well what happened.

Talk about the legal process all you want, but that's pretty much a game too in a lot of cases. Hernandez's money can go a long way to buy his way out, especially if he was able to cover his tracks sufficiently, which it sure as hell seems like he was trying to do.

Yeah, maybe somebody else broke his security system for some crazy unrelated reason, knowing where it was an how to do that...his phone just broke accidentally at the same time all of this was going on, and it just so happened that a team of professionals were already scheduled to clean his house that very day.

It was proven that Lloyd was with Hernandez that night...Hernandez has some serious explaining to do. You can bet your ass that if he's not going to sit down and explain things to the authorities pretty soon, his hands are not clean here. Not at all.

heh...heh heh heh...hahahahahahahahahahaaha...holy ghosts in a picnic basket, you made more straw men in that post than a Kansas farmer at harvest time....I gotta remember THIS one, Meathead.....if, if and maybe, then, could be...HE'S GUILTY!....do they actually HAVE a legal system up there if 20 Feet Of Snowffalo..or i s everything under the jurisdiction of the EPA?

heh...heh heh heh...hahahahahahahahahahaaha...holy ghosts in a picnic basket, you made more straw men in that post than a Kansas farmer at harvest time....I gotta remember THIS one, Meathead.....if, if and maybe, then, could be...HE'S GUILTY!....do they actually HAVE a legal system up there if 20 Feet Of Snowffalo..or i s everything under the jurisdiction of the EPA?

I wasn't speaking to anybody's else's specific argument, so how could there ever be a strawman there? I was merely stating what I think.

Everything I said made sense.

"He's guilty" of what? What exactly? That's what I'm asking myself. If he's not guilty of ANYTHING, seems to me that he should be sitting down with the DA and telling him EVERYTHING that he knows. Tell me why he wouldn't be doing that if his hands are completely clean...the guy lawyers up right away, not to mention what seems to be a blatant attempt to destroy evidence. You and his mom perhaps thinks that it may be just a big misunderstanding.

I wasn't speaking to anybody's else's specific argument, so how could there ever be a strawman there? I was merely stating what I think.

"He's guilty" of what? What exactly? That's what I'm asking myself. If he's not guilty of ANYTHING, seems to me that he should be sitting down with the DA and telling him EVERYTHING that he knows. Tell me why he wouldn't be doing that if his hands are completely clean...the guy lawyers up right away, not to mention what seems to be a blatant attempt to destroy evidence. You and his mom perhaps thinks that it may be just a big misunderstanding.

well, that's pretty gracious of you to afford Mr Hernandez your astute legal advice. I don't think there's ANY misunderstanding. I have NOTHING tangible to base ANY opinion on. I DO disagree with "he shouldn't have lawyered up"...easy for you to say from your ivory tower. If anything that's the one thing he's done RIGHT in this ongoing investigation.That right there torpedoes everything you posit following. Obviously you cannot see this so there's no sense trying to penetrate your leaden brain pan any further. This will all play out and FACTS will hopefully be established that lead to the truth...and if Mr. Hernandez IS found culpable, he WILL have his day in court. That's how it works outside of the "Meat Zone"...

I was out on day 1.

I knew Hernandez had lawyered up and we'd get nothing from his side.

If the cops "leaked" anything, you can't trust it. (No, I'm not paranoid, the cops often "leak" "un-truth" or "half-truth" in the hope a suspect slips up and says something they can't know unless they are guilty. I've watched cop shows.:))

So anything the media came up with would be at best thinly disguised speculation.

For anyone thinking I'm in denial: Hernandez got his trial by media and they found him guilty.:D

Give me a F'ING break.

The only difference between MA and where I lived is that where I lived, it would be right wing whack jobs whose daughters would invite me to bible study on Friday nights and attend Sunday service after I did unspeakable things to them on Saturday night :D;)

well, that's pretty gracious of you to afford Mr Hernandez your astute legal advice. I don't think there's ANY misunderstanding. I have NOTHING tangible to base ANY opinion on. I DO disagree with "he shouldn't have lawyered up"...easy for you to say from your ivory tower. If anything that's the one thing he's done RIGHT in this ongoing investigation.That right there torpedoes everything you posit following. Obviously you cannot see this so there's no sense trying to penetrate your leaden brain pan any further. This will all play out and FACTS will hopefully be established that lead to the truth...and if Mr. Hernandez IS found culpable, he WILL have his day in court. That's how it works outside of the "Meat Zone"...

Thank you for not trying to penetrate my leaden brain pan any further, as I'm very comfortable here in my ivory tower.

I never hinted that lawyering up was the wrong move. I actually think that lawyering up was the best thing that he could do, considering the circumstances...those circumstances being that it sure looks like his hands are dirty in some sense. Supposedly, video surveillance footage puts Hernandez with the victim that very morning. The victim was reportedly murdered where he was found, a mile from Hernandez's home. Tampering with evidence...it's a good bet that this has happened.

You gonna wait until you find out what "really happened?" You never will. This is going to play out in a ridiculously imperfect system.

I respect people that want to see how this plays out before forming any sort of opinion. Whatever, but how does all that has come out look to you? The guy obviously knows something that he ain't telling. The law does not equal the truth, though, and everything you will ever hear about this case will be reported through the media...the same media that certain people hold in contempt. Hernandez has a "history" too, know what I'm sayin' G?

How dare you even suggest that AH did anything wrong...he plays for the football team we root for!!!!!!!!:eek:

Pay no attention to the fact that Hernandez would've been insta-judged guilty of First Degree murder on this message board if he played for the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes