Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which 3-0 teams are legit contenders to win the Super Bowl?

• Patriots

Votes: 70 97.2%
  • Broncos

Votes: 53 73.6%
  • Ravens

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Vikings

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Eagles

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping they do match up poorly against us. I just don't want to jinx ourselves by falling asleep on the defending Super Bowl champs.

Plus, IMHO they have the best home field advantage in the NFL with the thin air and ultra-loud ravenous fans. We would have easily beat them at home last year. We need home field advantage in the playoffs.

The Ravens should've lost to Jacksonville yesterday.

Cliched but absolutely true, depends on injuries. If all fully healthy...

--Have to watch Philly play more. Until then, who knows? Newcomers makes sports fun.

--Agree that Bradford's not winning a Super Bowl.

--There was a thread not too long ago where posters were dismissing the Ravens. I said I'm wary of any well-coached, battle-tested team that's usually in the mix, and let's not write them off yet. Well, they might go 6-10, who the hell knows, but for now here we are.

--The Pats, of course. Broncos, have to recuse myself because I got the AFC Championship game very wrong. I would say that it's historically very unusual to ride a defense to 2 titles.

I was going to start a new thread talking about how impressive the Patriots' start is, but this thread will do.

First off, the Pats are just one of five teams in the league to be at 3-0. That alone puts them in an elite group.

Second, they've beaten last year's NFC champions, Arizona, on the road. No easy task at any point in the season.

Third, they've beaten Houston, who was 2-0 and had just come off a very solid win against Kansas City, another erstwhile AFC contender.

Fourth, they've done all this without Gronkowski, Ninkovich, Lewis, Vollmer, and of course, Brady. Moreover, they did it using a third string rookie QB against the fearsome Texans defense.

They currently have the best rushing attack in the NFL.

They currently have the #5 scoring defense in the NFL.

All this and they're only going to get better with the return of Nink, Lewis, Gronk, and Brady.

Legit Contenders:

AFC: NE, Den, Pit, Bal (just because)
NFC: Sea, Min, Phi, Car, GB

Teams that I think can actually win the Super Bowl: NE, Pit, Den, Sea, GB

I think that's it. Of course, I could be terribly wrong.

I don't have much faith in the Ravens, but the best thing that can happen to a team is gain some confidence early against some bad teams. Now they just have to play 7-6 football to be a playoff team. That shouldn't be too hard when they get our division and the NFC east as well.

They are the only team that has shown the ability to challenge us at home, so im not gonna sleep on them anymore. They have a lot of holes, but they have alligator blood. They won't just fade away.

Last edited:
Some serious disrespect towards Baltimore in this poll. People really haven't learned I guess after all these years. @Denver is the last thing we want but, I'd rather face Denver at home than Baltimore at home. Almost feels like homefield is negated with the Ravens.

It's kind of cool that it's all teams playing great defense that are undefeated right now. That said, I don't think the Eagles are for real just yet. Patriots, Ravens, Vikings, and Broncos are for real though. Vikings would be scary good if Bridgewater and AP weren't IRed/injured.

The Vikings D is a treat to watch, just like ours. Tons of team defense and their important players are in their 3rd-6th years in the NFL right now.

The Broncos defense is still good, though not as good. Their offense is shaky but crafty/savvy. They aren't nearly as bad I was thought/hoped they were going to be this year.

The Ravens look good on defense again. Their passing offense doesn't look great but we know Flacco is a gamer and has those Eli Manning moments.

Legit Contenders:

AFC: NE, Den, Pit, Bal (just because)
NFC: Sea, Min, Phi, Car, GB

Teams that I think can actually win the Super Bowl: NE, Pit, Den, Sea, GB

I think that's it. Of course, I could be terribly wrong.

You don't think the Ravens can win the Super Bowl?

I was going to start a new thread talking about how impressive the Patriots' start is, but this thread will do.

First off, the Pats are just one of five teams in the league to be at 3-0. That alone puts them in an elite group.

Second, they've beaten last year's NFC champions, Arizona, on the road. No easy task at any point in the season.

Third, they've beaten Houston, who was 2-0 and had just come off a very solid win against Kansas City, another erstwhile AFC contender.

Fourth, they've done all this without Gronkowski, Ninkovich, Lewis, Vollmer, and of course, Brady. Moreover, they did it using a third string rookie QB against the fearsome Texans defense.

They currently have the best rushing attack in the NFL.

They currently have the #5 scoring defense in the NFL.

All this and they're only going to get better with the return of Nink, Lewis, Gronk, and Brady.

I don't disagree with your post but Carolina was the NFC Champion last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye