PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets next sunday 4:30 PM (merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please oh please kick the **** out of the Jets. It's nice that they can beat a banged up Colts team who only made the playoffs because the Jaguars choked, in a climate controlled dome, but the Jets have been the luckiest team since 2009. Knock them out. Now we have to hear them for another week.

Geesh, I am glad the Pats won't be as overconfident as you homers.

The 45-3 means nothing now. NOTHING! The Jets showed me a lot tonight, and they are going to be tough SOB's. They played God-awful and still found a way to win the game. The way they ran the ball in the 2nd half was pretty impressive. With our DL banged up that could be a issue.

Despite what everone says, I didn't want to see the Jets. Nobody is going to give the Jets a chance and the Jets will use that as a rallying cry. They seem to play well against adversity.

To be fair, that has pretty much been the Jets theme all season. Play lousy, keep it close, pull it out in the end.

Geesh, I am glad the Pats won't be as overconfident as you homers.

The 45-3 means nothing now. NOTHING! The Jets showed me a lot tonight, and they are going to be tough SOB's. They played God-awful and still found a way to win the game. The way they ran the ball in the 2nd half was pretty impressive. With our DL banged up that could be a issue.

Despite what everone says, I didn't want to see the Jets. Nobody is going to give the Jets a chance and the Jets will use that as a rallying cry. They seem to play well against adversity.

they have won games where no one has given them a chance , like the pitt game and tonite.Thats what worries me.

Re: Survey says . . .

i think it was our day that game. we arent 42 pts better than them nor are they 42 pts worse than us

you're right...I think we're 52 points better than them

Personally, I think a lot of things favor the Pats:

1.) The Pats have been dominant for the last two months other than against the Packers.
2.) Belichick usually develops a better gameplan for a team after he has already played them at least once.
3.) The pressure is more on the Jets. Ryan promised a Super Bowl. The Pats were supposed to be in a transition year. The Jets have a lot of free agents this offseason and built to win this year.
4.) The Jets' CBs do not match up well against the Pats' receivers. We have seen tonight that Cromartie is easily burnt when a receiver runs inside routes. Revis is better at covering inside receivers, but it still isn't his strong suit.
5.) The Jets are vunerable over the middle of the field and the Pats have Gronk and Hernandez.
6.) Sanchez is prone to make mistakes and the Pats have an opportunistic defense that turns over the ball better than any other team.
7.) The Jets can't pressure the QB very well and the only team that has even gotten close to rattling Brady was Green Bay who got a rush up the middle.
8.) The Jets play dumb and undisciplined while the Pats play smart and disciplined. This will definitely affect the penalty battle.
9.) Ryan and his staff don't play good situational football. Hence why they threw it deep on third and 5 with a lead and only 2:36 left on the clock and the Colts only have one time out. A first down would have basically won the game.
10.) The Pats are at home. The Pats don't lose at home very often.
11.) The Jets haven't played 60 full minutes of good football all year. They go at least a quarter or two or more of poor play and then play great for a quarter or two. Against the Pats, they could get in a hole they can't get out of.

Last edited:
The Jests were lucky to be a .500 team.

They arent going to come to Foxboro and beat us. Wilfork will stuff the run and force Suckchez to throw it.

Mayo and Spikes = You're not running.

Last edited by a moderator:
they have won games where no one has given them a chance , like the pitt game and tonite.Thats what worries me.

and that is what worries me all to hell

1.) The Pats have been dominant for the last two months other than against the Packers.
2.) Belichick usually develops a better gameplan for a team after he has already played them at least once.
3.) The pressure is more on the Jets. Ryan promised a Super Bowl. The Pats were supposed to be in a transition year. The Jets have a lot of free agents this offseason and built to win this year.
4.) The Jets' CBs do not match up well against the Pats' receivers. We have seen tonight that Cromartie is easily burnt when a receiver runs inside routes. Revis is better at covering inside receivers, but it still isn't his strong suit.
5.) The Jets are vunerable over the middle of the field and the Pats have Gronk and Hernandez.
6.) Sanchez is prone to make mistakes and the Pats have an opportunistic defense that turns over the ball better than any other team.
7.) The Jets can't pressure the QB very well and the only team that has even gotten close to rattling Brady was Green Bay who got a rush up the middle.
8.) The Jets play dumb and undisciplined while the Pats play smart and disciplined. This will definitely affect the penalty battle.
9.) Ryan and his staff don't play good situational football. Hence why they threw it deep on third and 5 with a lead and only 2:36 left on the clock and the Colts only have one time out. A first down would have basically won the game.
11.) The Jets haven't played 60 full minutes of good football all year. They go at least a quarter or two or more of poor play and then play great for a quarter or two. Against the Pats, they could get in a hole they can't get out of.

yes.

no offense people, but you all would have been crapping your pants regardless of who the pats play.

how do i now that?

im wearing oops i crapped my pants. And i just did.

The Jests were lucky to be a .500 team.

They arent going to come to Foxboro and beat us. Wilfork will stuff the run and force Suckchez to throw it.

Mayo and Spikes = You're not running.

Exactly stack the box, and make Sanchez try to beat us.

EZ76

We're on a forum. The point is to discuss the team with other people. A lot of people are taking the game way too lightly. So, really, the only question should be: Who cares why I'm calling other people out for taking the game lightly? Isn't that the point?

As for the game, I'm not expecting a 45-3 beatdown again. Though I would love it. But I'm not expecting it. I'm expecting a Pats win again, but not in as big of a way as last time.

I'm not expecting a 42 point win. I think the Pats wins by double digits. I would say by 10 points or more.

They beat us in the first game, what makes you think they can't do it again?

Ummm....let's see what's changed since then:

1) Deion Branch

2) Danny Woodhead

3) Randy Moss

4) Jim Leonhard

5) Logan Mankins

6) Meadowlands vs. Gillette

7) Warm weather vs. Cold (see; Tomlinson, LaDainian and Sanchez, Mark)

8) 7 Patriot rookies not playing their second game of their careers anymore

9) Patriots have a one week advantage in the freshness department

You want more??????

Last edited:
yes.

no offense people, but you all would have been crapping your pants regardless of who the pats play.

how do i now that?

im wearing oops i crapped my pants. And i just did.

Agreed. I would have been concerned no matter who it was.

Personally, I just can't get the losses to the Browns and Ravens last year out of my head. We can be beaten by a running team. The Jets can run it. I worry.

Agreed. I hate them more than anyteam (the Phins a close 2nd), but you have to respect them. They find ways. I remember last season nobody gave them a chance vs the Chargers. San Diego was on fire. They won 10 or 11 in a row and were dominating teams. The Jets played a great game and found a way to run the ball against a good San Diego run defense.

I still think we are going to win, but I am not as ****y about it as most of the other posters here.

If we lose next week everyone on here will be on suicide watch....i'll jump off the upper deck after the game, so if you don't hear from me after, I'm that guy all over the news.

Thank you in advance for your generous promise of a major distraction :cool:

chicken-little.jpg

Agreed. I would have been concerned no matter who it was.

Personally, I just can't get the losses to the Browns and Ravens last year out of my head. We can be beaten by a running team. The Jets can run it. I worry.

If we get ahead early this is no problem. We made huge mistakes in the Browns game and we had some costly turnovers in the Ravens game last year in the post-season.

i really disagree.Regardless of what ryan said and this is pats rebuilding year, the pressure is clearly on the pats -the #1 seed.

I'm not expecting a 42 point win. I think the Pats wins by double digits. I would say by 10 points or more.

Me neither, not expecting a 42 point rout this time (although I think it is possible), if we jump on them early and strike quick, forcing them to "air it out". That plays right in the Pats' hands. That having been said, I expect it to be tight until the later part of the 3rd quarter. In the end, I see the Pats still winning by 14-21 points. And, I do believe with what happened in Seattle today, I don't see any "let down" or taking them lightly.

EZ76

Last edited:

Ummm....let's see what's changed since then:

1) Deion Branch

2) Danny Woodhead

3) Randy Moss

4) Jim Leonhard

5) Meadowlands vs. Gillette

6) Warm weather vs. Cold (see; Tomlinson, LaDainian and Sanchez, Mark)

7) 7 Patriot rookies not playing their second game of their careers anymore

8) Patriots have a one week advantage in the freshness department

You want more??????

I could add ten things to this list... People here need to be a little more optimistic and a little less cautious. Relax and have some fun. Lets go Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes