PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets next sunday 4:30 PM (merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rex will try to bait deep throws from Brady.

This is the match-up that is best for us. We know the Jets better than anyone else, and now we have an extra day to game-plan. No matter what anyone says I'm glad that Manning is out of the playoffs. I think the Ravens win tomorrow and when we play them (even winning) it really takes a toll on the team. This way we beat the Jets and the Ravens/Squealers beat the crap out of each other!

If early weather conditions for next Sunday night hold true (low 30s rain/snow), I don't see the Jets putting up much of a fight, especially with a QB who struggled to complete passes in a dome. The only potential soft spot right now is a banged up defensive line, although still I doubt the Patriots allow the Jets to gash them on the ground like they gashed the Colts this evening.

Last edited:
Sweet!! Let's see how LaTisha and Sanchez enjoy our fine New England weather. :D

BTW get ready for a weeks worth of "The Jets can shut down Brady just like they did Manning".....then watch as Tom and the boys put up more points in the 1st half than Goob did the entire game.
I love this matchup.

Re: Pats v. Jets: Isn't this the matchup we wanted?

Yes. Say what you want about his playoff record, Peyton Manning scares me regardless. The way they played tonight and the way they closed the season out the Jets should be a great matchup.

If that had been the Pats out there instead of the Jets they would have thrown those PI flags that they held tight tonight. I am happy with this and they lose the 2nd

As well you should be. A lot of people are already taking this game too lightly. The Jets are, by far, the team that's most familiar with us in the playoffs and it will certainly be tougher than the last game was. However, there are just as many reasons to be positive about our prospects going into this game as well.

Who cares how we take the game? It all matters how the players take the game. Belichick seems to be making sure the players don't take them too lightly. He showed every player their lowlight reel last week where they got to see all their worst plays of the season while Belichick reamed them out in front of the team. I think this team will come in focused and professional. Besides, all the veterans still have the sting of last year's playoffs in their mouths.

I must admit, I'm a little nervous. I have a bad feeling the Jets are going to beat New England, the Chiefs are going to be Balt and Pit. Jets beat Chiefs. Jets beat Seattle. That would be a nightmare.

Stop drinking and go to bed! Seriously now the Seahawks are in the Superbowl?

This is exactly what I wanted. I can't wait to smash the living crap out of Jackass and the Fatman (LT & Rex).

Re: Survey says . . .

They beat us in the first game, what makes you think they can't do it again?

First, see my last post. Secondly, Brady has been playing much better since Week 2. Third, this is a much different team than the one the Jets had to contend with in Week 2. Our TE's are going to cause much more of a match-up problem. If we get out on top of the Jets again, like we did last time, they're in trouble. That shoulder is obviously bothering Sanchez and he's looking pretty terrible right now.

Hopefully BB uses the seahawks game to drive the point of any given sunday.

The Colts have Wayne who they allow to get taken out by Revis. They have Garcon who put up good numbers. Their run game stinks an tammie isnjust a plodding te.

Different story in NE

Stop drinking and go to bed! Seriously now the Seahawks are in the Superbowl?

Jets have been getting so many breaks this year. I could see it happening.

Who cares how we take the game? It all matters how the players take the game. Belichick seems to be making sure the players don't take them too lightly. He showed every player their lowlight reel last week where they got to see all their worst plays of the season while Belichick reamed them out in front of the team. I think this team will come in focused and professional. Besides, all the veterans still have the sting of last year's playoffs in their mouths.

Agreed completely, i think we will be fine.

The Jets will talk all week how they are the better team, we shall see on Sunday.

Re: Pats v. Jets: Isn't this the matchup we wanted?

No he went on IR so he's done for the year. With that said though they will be much better prepared since they lost him the Friday before our game with them.

Yeah, because he would have helped their offense score more than 3 points.

Geesh, I am glad the Pats won't be as overconfident as you homers.

The 45-3 means nothing now. NOTHING! The Jets showed me a lot tonight, and they are going to be tough SOB's. They played God-awful and still found a way to win the game. The way they ran the ball in the 2nd half was pretty impressive. With our DL banged up that could be a issue.

Despite what everone says, I didn't want to see the Jets. Nobody is going to give the Jets a chance and the Jets will use that as a rallying cry. They seem to play well against adversity.

Exactly, I would not be surprised if one day this week, Coach BB makes his team watch what happened in Seattle today, just to make sure he drives the point home about "taking someone lightly".

EZ76

We're on a forum. The point is to discuss the team with other people. A lot of people are taking the game way too lightly. So, really, the only question should be: Who cares why I'm calling other people out for taking the game lightly? Isn't that the point?

As for the game, I'm not expecting a 45-3 beatdown again. Though I would love it. But I'm not expecting it. I'm expecting a Pats win again, but not in as big of a way as last time.

:ugh: We also tuned them up 45-3 last time we played them. Are you honestly trying to make the case that a 42 point difference was due to "2 bad punts, awful kicking and all that stuff"?

i think it was our day that game. we arent 42 pts better than them nor are they 42 pts worse than us

Stop the run,Stop the run,Stop the run,Stop the run,Stop the run,
We win EZ

First, see my last post. Secondly, Brady has been playing much better since Week 2. Third, this is a much different team than the one the Jets had to contend with in Week 2. Our TE's are going to cause much more of a match-up problem. If we get out on top of the Jets again, like we did last time, they're in trouble. That shoulder is obviously bothering Sanchez and he's looking pretty terrible right now.

it is 50/50 chances for both teams, that's all i can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back