PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets next sunday 4:30 PM (merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this game being a real dogfight. The Jets are gonna come in pissed off about the 45-3 loss, so I expect this to be a close game. Brady, Belichick and everybody else will have to come with their A game. I think they will, and it could easily be a 24-20 type of game. I'm very nervous about this game, but if the Pats play the way they have been the last 2 games, we can come out victoriously. Go Pats !!!

I like that our guys will be in early tomorrow at 6:00 the Jets will be licking their wounds:rocker:

Oh! and according to Rex, Brady doesn't prepare like Peyton.

Last edited:
Sorry, the pressure is on the Jets from day one. Ryan said anything short of a Super Bowl trophy is a failure and guaranteed one for the Jets' fans this year. The pressure should be on the Pats, but Ryan and his mouth has successfully shifted the pressure on his Jets.

The Pats enter the playoffs on quite a winning streak while the Jets entered the playoffs on a limp. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league and I'm not so sure that the Jets are still carrying the pressure from their training camp bravado the same way the 14-2, #1 seed Pats are... especially after the Jets concluded the season with some bad losses.

No matter how you cut it, the pressure is ALWAYS on the higher seed. We are the highest of any seed and have the best record in the league. The pressure is on the Pats more than the Jets. Not that I think it matters, but that's a statement of fact.

Don't forget being held to 14 in Cleveland too.

don't forget you disappeared after running your mouth and flappin' your gums for a month before 45-3

Despite what everone says, I didn't want to see the Jets. Nobody is going to give the Jets a chance and the Jets will use that as a rallying cry. They seem to play well against adversity.

Kid, they're playing something far tougher than adversity next week.

They're playing this year's New England Patriots.

Re: Survey says . . .

Ummm....let's see what's changed since then:

1) Deion Branch

2) Danny Woodhead

3) Randy Moss

4) Jim Leonhard

5) Logan Mankins

6) Meadowlands vs. Gillette

7) Warm weather vs. Cold (see; Tomlinson, LaDainian and Sanchez, Mark)

8) 7 Patriot rookies not playing their second game of their careers anymore

9) Patriots have a one week advantage in the freshness department

You want more??????

I went and watch that game again and Randy was a mess, he dropped 'catchable' balls, caused two int, Brady was bent on getting the ball to Moss who had tuned out. At 21-14, we had the ball on the 20 yd line and Jason Taylor caused a sack fumble on Brady and they got the ball back. Then silly penalties, Banta-Cain pushing players who are clearly out of bounds to extend drives.
If you don't watch the game, you might think we were beaten badly, but considering Faulk went out and that must have played on Brady's mind, Light and and his new LT were not on the same page and made it look like Brady was under pressure all day.
I felt very good watch that 28-14 game because our game was very similar to what we played when they came here just that we had all 11 players on offense fighting.

If anyone of you honestly think that Belichick & Brady will allow that obnoxious loud mouth to come into Foxboro in the playoffs and get within 20 points of them, then I don't know what you've been watching the past 10 years.

It will never happen. They are going to rip out the Jets jugular and show it to them Roadhouse style.

Sounds like a plan. I look forward to this!

Re: Survey says . . .

I went and watch that game again and Randy was a mess, he dropped 'catchable' balls, caused two int, Brady was bent on getting the ball to Moss who had tuned out. At 21-14, we had the ball on the 20 yd line and Jason Taylor caused a sack fumble on Brady and they got the ball back. Then silly penalties, Banta-Cain pushing players who are clearly out of bounds to extend drives.
If you don't watch the game, you might think we were beaten badly, but considering Faulk went out and that must have played on Brady's mind, Light and and his new LT were not on the same page and made it look like Brady was under pressure all day.
I felt very good watch that 28-14 game because our game was very similar to what we played when they came here just that we had all 11 players on offense fighting.

The Monday night 45-3 rout has little to do with next Sunday's game and this Week 2 game has even much less to do with the next game versus the Jets.

Re: Pats v. Jets: Isn't this the matchup we wanted?

I don't care much who the Pats play. You have to beat the best to be the best. Take on all comers. If it were easy it wouldn't be worth it.

Well said.

You know Tom is going into next weekends game thinking about how Rex dissed him by saying he doesn't prepare as hard as he thinks he does.

One thing you don't want to do is piss Tom Brady off and now he's gonna have a chip on his shoulder.

There will be an undeniable symmetry to us facing the Jest and the Ravens playing the Steelers in Pittsburgh, if the Ravens beat KC.............

I don't care which 2 teams we have to play and beat to get to the SB in Dallas.

Take care of business in Foxborough. I don't think any of the potential teams pose any more or less of a threat.

Well said.

Most of them will be the same trolls who conveniently disappeared after 45-3. I'm not sure eifmp was one of them, though.

LOL @ a team with no QB and only a running game....oh wait..thats the jets

Anyone else slightly disapointed? Kinda wanted to see the pats beat the ravens.

Some of you are acting like if the Colts had won we had a guaranteed spot in the Super Bowl. We still would ahve had to play SOMEONE. Why are you freaking out over the Jets? So a little optimism for your teams instead of predicting doom and gloom. yeah it may not be a blow out but the Pats are fully capable of winning that game. My goodness.

Anyone else slightly disapointed? Kinda wanted to see the pats beat the ravens.

Still may happen. If the Ravens win their game againts the Stillrs should be great. That game they played a month ago at Baltimore was the dirtiest game I have seen in years.

I didn't say that, but you have to admit losing your 'QB' on defense right before the biggest game of the year for you certainly had an effect on the game.

Yes, instead of 45-3, it might have been 31-3.

OK?

I think that BB knows that letting the Jets out of Gillette with a win will mean the end of all life on the planet. The will not allow that to happen.

LOL... So true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing