PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Invisible Shane Vereen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he the Pats version of Darren Sproles?

We think alike. He did remind me of Sproles @ times during the game today. How do the Pats do it? Every week it's different players rising to the occasion. Vereen was beasting today! I hope it's plenty more of where that came from.

I will call him Shane "Wool" Vereen from here on out. :D

Where did this performance come from? How did Brady have the confidence to throw the deep ball to him when he hasn't done anything close to this in his career.

Hopefully this continues for 2 more games -- just unbelievable performance.
Vereen was making those kinds of catches in training camp, and I assume in regular season practices too. The coaches just decided that Woodhead was a better option for most of the season, and he can't do that kind of stuff, unfortunately.

I think the knock on Vereen was his blitz pickup. He made a few nice plays in that department - one the announcers even mentioned. Perhaps the light bulb just lit.

Man he looked good today - looked like a Patriot out there, smart/intuitive/versatile. He's a nice compliment to Ridley, whereas Ridley just churns north/south, Vereen seems more fluid in the open field.

The Texans D wished he was just "churning." ;)

Vereen, Ridley, and Woodhead would all be #1 backs if they played elsewhere.

I've really been hoping he'd brake out at some time this season. When I first started to look into what his potential was I was really excited about what he would be able to do catching the ball. Maybe after this game Brady will start looking at him more as a target.

Man he looked good today - looked like a Patriot out there, smart/intuitive/versatile. He's a nice compliment to Ridley, whereas Ridley just churns north/south, Vereen seems more fluid in the open field.
And speaking of the open field, Connor Barwin is still trying to figure out where Vereen went.

Don't I feel stupid now

The Texans D wished he was just "churning." ;)

Ridley squirts forward, with great speed and power.

He's the Giant Speed Squid of Doom!!!

Last edited:
uh..what the eff are YOU smoking tonight?

whatever it is...keep doing it..."Giant Speed Squid"...is that like a swabby on meth or what?

I was so impressed with Vereen. Isn't that the guy everybody thought we were going to get when he was drafted? Fast,shifty,great hands. Love it.

I was so impressed with Vereen. Isn't that the guy everybody thought we were going to get when he was drafted? Fast,shifty,great hands. Love it.

His TD catches both reminded me of his college highlight film.

Great job by him coming through when needed. Brady said after the game that the game plan was heavy on Gronk and Woodhead, so they had to adjust and Vereen was huge in that.

No longer invisible in the lore of fantasy football. How high has his stock gone up?

The Pats seem to be set up well for the immediate future. Who knows what Demps will bring or if he can stay on the field. That said, if you're going to feature something best to have multiple viable options. As the TE situation should have taught us. Better yet when those options are all viable. Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead and in a pinch Bolden make for a heck of a young stable of backs all of whom are just a little different. Ridley is the bell cow although he can catch the ball too and he seems to be picking up the pace as a blocker. Vereen is scary good. Woody is sneaky good. Bolden is depth behind Ridley. Demps could be depth behind Vereen and Woody if he pans out and has potential to be worth a spot on ST alone if he can return kicks. **** happens, which is a lesson learned the hard way this season. So I'd be inclined to believe we come out of TC next season carrying 5 backs considering the evolving established versatility of at least 3 of them.

Every glimpse I've ever seen of Vereen as a receiver -- in college, in TC, and oh-so-occasionally in games, made me think he had the ability to do what he showed last night. Awesome to see.

Every glimpse I've ever seen of Vereen as a receiver -- in college, in TC, and oh-so-occasionally in games, made me think he had the ability to do what he showed last night. Awesome to see.

We need a pic of him breaking Connor Barwin's ankles:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case