PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Invisible Shane Vereen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember a big fumble by Woodhead in last year's AFCCG.

Talk about a crucial moment! I thought it was pretty much over at that point of the AFCCG last year, or I at least felt the tide and momentum shifting quickly.

Out of all of the errors and plays this team has made where I have freaked out while watching in the past couple of years, that play sticks out the most to me, along with this year's DMcC fumble on the kick return in the first Jets game.

Strangely enough, they actually won both of those games too.

Wonder when the Shane Vereen breakout comments are going to rise to the surface.

I'm still not giving up on the kid.

He has shown some potential this year.

And the oscar for best thread title attacking a players performance goes to

1st."The Invisible Shane Vereen"

2nd."poster child for "Did not compete" = Aaron hernandez"

3rd."Lloyd I dunno..."

The above pales in comparison to the 5 million Julian Edleman mouth breathing critiques in the pre season.

Is "attacking" defined as any title that does not cyber ball wash said player?:D

Talk about a crucial moment! I thought it was pretty much over at that point of the AFCCG last year, or I at least felt the tide and momentum shifting quickly.

Out of all of the errors and plays this team has made where I have freaked out while watching in the past couple of years, that play sticks out the most to me, along with this year's DMcC fumble on the kick return in the first Jets game.

Strangely enough, they actually won both of those games too.

I punched a hole in my drywall when Woodhead fumbled that ball. My girlfriend (at the time) was terrified.

What I've seen an inconsistent blocker with poor technique. He occasionally gets in a decent block but often wiffs badly. As a runner he hesitates behind the line, waits too long to hit the hole. He doesn't have the power or decisiveness of Ridley or the shiftiness of Woodhead, who is a better blocker. Bolden has shown to be a more effective runner between the tackles.

He is best running outside, can catch well and has good straight line speed.

Despite what his boosters says, these strengths and weaknesses have been pretty evident since he first stepped on the field.

And giving an honest critique of a player doesn't mean you're "attacking" or "hating on" him.

Just another typically brilliant 2nd round pick from BB.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The "invisible" Shane Vereen with 8 rushes for 38 yards in the first half against the Dolphins.

Sounds like the Pats are shutting him down for the year, as Bedard predicted.

No, but no one is going to mistake your critique as an honest one, Jihadi McGee.

I'm a Vereen hopeful but I wouldn't say those critiques are unfair. I wanted to see him steal reps from Woodhead earlier this year but going into the playoffs I definitely want Woodhead getting most of the touches after Ridley.

Unless the back is Adrian Peterson, avoid drafting a RB until at least round 3, preferably in rounds 4-6.

RBs = dime a dozen

Umm, really? Then why was our running game crap until we picked up Woodhead off waivers and drafted Vereen and Ridley? The Pats are set up great at RB now but I can easily remember the awful days when they had to count on never beens like Maroney and retreads like Morris and Fred Taylor.

Let's appreciate what we have now - a great stable of RBs with depth who are actually capable of staying healthy.

Very invisible today, wasn't he?

With Gronk and Woody out, Vereen and Woodhead combined for 219 yards from scrimmage - almost half the team's total - and 3 TDs. Vereen had over 130 yards from scrimmage. Not too shabby for the "invisible man", the guy Greg Bedard predicted would be shut down for the rest of the season.

Very invisible today, wasn't he?

With Gronk and Woody out, Vereen and Woodhead combined for 219 yards from scrimmage - almost half the team's total - and 3 TDs. Vereen had over 130 yards from scrimmage. Not too shabby for the "invisible man", the guy Greg Bedard predicted would be shut down for the rest of the season.

He even got a couple of blitz pickups right. Props to him on the game.

Clearly it was all a ploy so that the Texans wouldn't see him in the playoffs ;)

I don't know why he hasn't seen the field as much. He clearly has lots of speed (regular season 80+yd TD on a swing pass). Can he return kicks?

I've probably been his biggest critic and I'll give him his due credit, he had a very good game.

Woodhead's injury may have been a blessing in disguise. I do hope he is okay tho. Really impressive showing by Vereen(and the Riddler too).

As one of Vereen's biggest supporters, I'm loving this. I knew he had this in him.

I have to say, he is FAST....ran right by their corner on that long TD and they couldnt catch up

.I wouldnt mind seeing more seam route plays for him...hes like Slater but with solid hands

Last edited:
Vereen had an excellent game.
The skills he showed catching, running with the ball, and blocking in important passing plays were impressive.
Not surprised he shined when given the chance. Woody going down was a blessing in disguise for this player to show what he could do.
Sometimes it's not about talent but opportunity. The players who start right now aren't necessarily the best players, only the ones the OC wants to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes