PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Invisible Shane Vereen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked a couple of the blitz pickups he had very Faulk like.

I also noted that in the post game presser Brady used the term coming out party in reference to Vareen. IF this means that Brady 'has confidence' in Vareen being in the right place to make the right plays he will be a bigger factor going forward.

Certainly a case where the guy took advantage of an opportunity.

The question was always his blocking. Vereen now has Brady's confidence. This was indeed a break-out game for Vereen.

A large effect is likely to be on the future of Woodhead, who would like to stay for the right price (as anyone would).

I really liked a couple of the blitz pickups he had very Faulk like.

I also noted that in the post game presser Brady used the term coming out party in reference to Vareen. IF this means that Brady 'has confidence' in Vareen being in the right place to make the right plays he will be a bigger factor going forward.

Certainly a case where the guy took advantage of an opportunity.

I cant wait to see what they do with vereen next year with a whole off season of drawing up plays from him in the backfield, the slot and out wide.

Screens, draws, routes and maybe even some motion speed sweeps like we see in the college game.

Hes a mismatch on most backers in the league. Cover him with a safety then there will be a mismatch elsewhere.

Last edited:
Lets start talking about how we need a deep threat, to open up this offense.

And how we need to bring in a big name wide receiver, or draft a fast physical receiver.

This running attack started back with the Nate Solder pick.
You can now see what the entire intent around the 2011 draft class was about.

You can bet that BB will secure the future for this running attack with another first round pick going to an offensive line man this off season.

The play action has opened up this offence.

Don't I feel stupid now

I've been down on Vereen since he was drafted. I'm very happy to be wrong. Now he just needs to keep it going.

Fortunately, BB has patience (especially with talented players). Vereen has obviously been working on his blitz pickup and his receiving skills were always there.

With Gronk out, I wonder if they will go with more RB oriented lineups, with Vereen lining up as a receiver and Hernandez moving around and Ridley, Bolden at RB. Hooman's steady, but he's not Gronk, so that offense is out the window. I imagine RB, Te (HDez) RB, WR (Vereen) sets shifting around might scramble defenses brains in the short term and they won't have prepared for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes