PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The D is laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you the same thing I told him. SANDERS wasn't to blame. Sanders wasn't playing CB.

But, far be it from you to know wtf you are talking about.

He has no sense on the subject like YOU have no sense on the subject.

O.K., AhHa! Gotcha!!! You win James Sanders. We all know who you really are now. Brought your lap top, did you? How's San Jose? Home cooking for you out there, isn't it?
DW Toys

It's simple.....maybe it's blunt, but I feel that our d is overrated by many on this board.

The pats front 7 is supposed to be the best in football, but they can't get pressure on supposed "bad" offensive lines. Guess you watched a different game because they DID get pressure on the QB.
It's been a problem for a couple years now. Now you are just making sh!t up. The Patriots were amongst the top leaders (#2 I believe) in sacks last year.
The lack of speed on the line is apparent. We can be thrown on, and considering this was a bounce back game, and they had a full week to get ready for this contest, I'm a bit shocked they played so poorly at the start of the game. Thank you for proving you don't know much about the 3-4 D-line. They aren't supposed to be fast. The 3-4 D-line is supposed to tie up the O-line to allow the LBers to make the plays.

I think the pats d played well enough to win, but they looked pretty bad for a large portion of the game. You guys can post all the stats you like, the niners are not a good team. Our current defense will be exposed badly in the playoffs, and I believe it will be the downfall of a sb run this year.

How can you say that they looked pretty bad for a large portion of the game when they were on the field for about 20 min total? By definition, that can't be a majority of the game. Also, considering that they forced 5 punts, 3 interceptions and a 4 and done (that's 9 series, btw), how can you say they played bad when the 49ers only had 12 series to begin with (13 if you include the kneel down at the end of the 1st half). Seriously, man, the facts just don't support your blatherting.

As for the play-offs, lets get there first before you start more blathering, ok?

Thats how I see it, and I have every right to vent about it. At the time of this post, the d looked exactly the same as it did last week. Yes, they played better in the second half, but as a whole I thought it was a poor showing. I'm sick of the blown coverages, huge plays and lack of pressure on the qb. We have the talent and the best coach in football.

The defense played a much better game entirely. The issues here are clear. You don't understand the jobs of the front 7 in the 3-4 defense. You don't know what it means to pressure the QB. And, you just make sh!t up to try and prove your points. How can you expect to be taken seriously when you can't even have an intelligent football conversation that is based on fact?

O.K., AhHa! Gotcha!!! You win James Sanders. We all know who you really are now. Brought your lap top, did you? How's San Jose? Home cooking for you out there, isn't it?
DW Toys

OH god. More stupid comments from you.

Why don't you go back and watch the play? Sanders was on the LEFT side of the field. Harrison was on the right, lined up opposite Bruce. How can it be Sander's fault that Harrison let Bruce go? Sanders should be commended for seeing that Harrison released Bruce into empty space and going after Bruce.

I really wish you'd watch what really happens in the games instead of letting your idiotic bias for Sanders cloud reality.

I think it's overrated. Listen, I can have the opinion that the pats d is overrated. It will be exposed in the playoffs. Btw, why is the 21st best offense in the NFL a good one? Yards:21st Passing:18th Rushing:19th. So, if you consider the 21st best O in the NFL a good one, then I guess your right.

Yes, you can have whatever opinion you want. What you don't understand is that everyone else is entitled to their opinions as well. And they are entitled to voice their opinions about your opinion.

If you chose to voice that opinion in a public forum, you are also chosing to endure whatever consequences come from your voicing that opinion. If you don't like it, then you have the choice to keep your mouth shut.

I get rankled but the constant ballwashing and homerism. It's crazy.

Whats pathetic is that people like yourself think that because people have their own opinions that contradict yours that they are ballwashers and homers. What's crazy is your insistence that YOUR idea is right and everyone else is wrong just because they use facts to support than opinions instead of just spewing verbage.

Anytime you actually want to look at the stats and look at facts, let people know.

Ha-ha, I am never the one who hurls out insults. I have season tickets meatball, and I have been to pretty much every home game over the last 18 years.

I have every right to feel the pats d is overrated, and the funny thing is morons like you who melt down all over the place if someone thinks differently. Look how upset you are, calm down there big guy, its going to be ok :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah. BLAH BLAH. Just because you've been to every game for the last 18 years doesn't mean you learned anything. So far, you've shown that you know little to nothing about the game.

Yes, you have a right to feel whatever the hell you want. But everyone else has that right to. And if you choose to exercise that right in a public forum, you are also choosing to have people criticize that opinion. That is the double edged sword of the 1st amendment. You might want to learn about it before you got trying to use it to protect yourself.

MoLewis is hardly a moron. Reality is that you make most of the people on this board look like geniuses and people like Mo look like a super-genius.

So, how about doing everyone a favor and shutting your pie hole?

He's replying to me, DaB. AND...notice he refers to me as "big guy"....who here knows I'm a rather large man?...PatSox23,CTPatsfan...that's about it.On another forum, there is this psychopathic Rats fan I've known for years...he goes by the moniker SG2...he's the only person I know who refers to me as "big guy"...I smell a Rats troll and I think it's SG2.

I think it's overrated. Listen, I can have the opinion that the pats d is overrated. It will be exposed in the playoffs. Btw, why is the 21st best offense in the NFL a good one? Yards:21st Passing:18th Rushing:19th. So, if you consider the 21st best O in the NFL a good one, then I guess your right.
Of course, those are their new rankings after having faced the Patriots. Still, the 49ers are 13th in the NFL in points per game, and 11th in overall points scored.

49ers offense is decent at least, and quite talented at best. Gore is a top 5 RB and was held to 54 yards rushing. Still, I imagine you'll find some creative explanation for why your supposed favorite team sucks--although I think you are more concerned with defending your ego from the truth.

Don't even bother trying to talk sense into Patslifer. The guy's a troll, plain and simple.

My only comment is that this D-Line is no where near "One of the best in the League"

They get pushed back an AWFUL lot... and does every QB have to look like an athletic agile QB evading the rush against our D?

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with my opinion, that is everyones right. I still have high hopes for the defense to improve week to week, thats all i can hope for. It is a bottom line business and the bottom line is that the D improved from 38 to 21 points, i still feel they can be slightly better than they were this week, how this opinon makes me a troll is beyond me.
If this site was all agreeable all the time then it would be quite boring here i think.
Anyway, i respect all opinions here even if i disagree. I am always happy when we win, especially this year without the best player in the NFL.

I am amazed at the number of people who watched that game but think the Pats front 4 didn't put any pressure on JT.

The man was running for his life 3/4th of the game. If he wasn't so mobile he'd be on IR today.

Was this a designed defense? Someone mentioned the speed package? Like a 1-4-6 alignment? If so it seemed like it worked at times but failed at others. I know the defensive stats looked good yesterday in the final boxscore but that first quarter was rape.

Had the 49ers been able to stop the run it seemed like they were on pace for 50 points. Then again I'm not exactly sure when we switched to the alignment. Was it from start to finish? End of the first quarter,etc?

I still think their defense is shaky but they may be able to get away with the players they have because of how much the NFL sucks right now. Teams that we thought would be good, aren't. Most teams that we thought would be bad are still bad. Bottom line, the Pats still need improved play along the D-line, LB's and secondary. It's great to see that Merriweather grabbed his second pick of the season and I believe with more playing time will lead the team in INT's. It's also great to hear that Guyton is getting more playing time so early in his career which will help him in the future. In fact, he may end up starting inside along Mayo come next season.

Last edited:
Jimke -
If Bill Belichick says that sacks are over-rated, why can't you give him the benefit of the doubt?

Last I looked, the Pats put pressure on O'Sullivan to the point where he threw 3 interceptions. THAT is what Belichick wants. The turnovers. The drive killers. The morale killers.

DaBruinz:
I don't refute BB's statement. The Pats had players in the S.F. offensive
backfield the entire game. I was just surprised that these players were
able to corral O'Sullivan and tackle him only one time. In the 49ers
previous four games O'Sullivan had been sacked 19 times.

Last edited:
Don't even bother trying to talk sense into Patslifer. The guy's a troll, plain and simple.
I sometimes wonder if these posters are actual Patriot fans or if they're other team's fans and have just come here to piss us off.

Why the hell does such a reactionary, idiotic thread have so many pages? Sorry to add to it, but please....let this sink.

Why because I'm not a massive homer who licks the pats nuts at any chance I get?

I have posted about:

Maroney being made out of glass
Jackson being a bust
Seymour being overrated

Two of the three points are inarguable, and the last is debatable at best. Accept the truth!

Last edited:
Why because I'm not a massive homer who licks the pats nuts at any chance I get?

I have posted about:

Jackson being a bust
Seymour being overrated

Two of the three points are inarguable, and the last is debatable at best. Accept the truth!

NSA?
Is that you?
I wondered where you went.:rolleyes:

I have posted about:

Jackson being a bust
Seymour being overrated

Others of us may have argued the same conclusion as you on occasion, but in different terms, and most importantly we have not made a posting career of it. For example, I was an early occasional critic of Chad Jackson, yet I was hopefully interested to see if he could somehow emerge this summer camp. I went and watched and he failed to show he was better than JAGS like CJ Jones. That's the difference with you Trolls. Mindless repetition of the same point while impervious to any evidence contradictory to your assertions. Me, I've benefited and learned from different perspectives in the numerous Maroney threads; you have remained intransigent and strident without bolstering your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes