PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Carolina Panthers are literally THE most pathetic, hypocritical team out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babies.

I actually like Cam, and I'd like to see him succeed, but after all this whining from the Panthers crowd I'm going to be pretty happy to see the team go into the toilet over the next 6 weeks or so. They just played the easiest schedule in the league over the first 6 weeks, and it's about to get a lot harder.

There was a time, really not that long ago, where people were reluctant to engage in that kind of behavior. If a coach or player made excuses why they lost, especially completely fictitious excuses, they would have been subject to ridicule.

Somehow, in the toughest, most physical sport in the world, the whiny, excuse-making mindset has become acceptable. Great job, commissioner!

And it's probably going to get worse before it gets better, right Mike Tomlin?

Now I have another reason to despise the Panthers besides the obvious one: Cam Newton.

stolen from somebody on the Saints board:

retrobanana;6183241 said:
I don't have any real animosity for the Falcons, even though it's a rivalry I feel like there's always been somewhat of a kinship there and the games are always so good and close. It's like Cubs-Cardinals, the two sides proclaim to hate each other so much but yet at the end we're both kind of the same.

I save all my loathing for the Panthers, who are the antithesis of sportsmanship and tradition; whose terrible owner is one of those that pulls Goodell's strings and invented the PSL; whose milquetoast white bread identity is the sports equivalent of a middle-upper class gated community where all the houses look exactly the same; whose quarterback is a punk-*** computer-stealing fraud who can't hit the broad side of the barn; who sold out Steve Smith, the best player they ever had, even though he was a punk he played his tail off for them for over a decade and deserved way better than what he got; who have such a lame-*** corporate atmosphere they can't even have their own logo on the field, they have the NFL shield instead; whose intellects are rammed so squarely up their own hindquarters they actually think Bountygate was a real thing because Scott Fujita hit somebody that one time; who are such an unimaginative relic of the 90s that they actually still wear teal, even the Florida Marlins managed to get rid of that crap; who were practically given license to be competitive by the NFL as an expansion team right away when all the expansion teams before that had to suffer for 20+ years; who built a statue of a guy outside their stadium even though he played the vast majority of his career with the Saints; whose mostly 13-year-old fans gripe and moan about how much they've supposedly suffered through so many bad years when they don't even know the meaning of the phrase; and whose very identity as a franchise/organization/team is based on the fact that they have zero identity, and they could win the next 5 Super Bowls and they still wouldn't have a single distinguishing characteristic that makes them any more than just a virtual stop at yet another Starbucks or Old Navy and thinking you're special because that's what lame-*** whitebread people do, and who cares about the Carolina Panthers. NOBODY. the end

The Patriots lost big money and picks over something where they were actually exonerated. Generally aware is clearly not needed, if Rodger is going to be consistent.

Any player busted for PEDs needs to lead to a loss of draft picks for his team, if Roger wants to be an honest arbiter here.

Of course, the 'if' is where it all goes off the rails.

I actually think that getting caught with PEDs should make you ineligible for the Hall of Fame. Additionally, I agree the teams should also be punished if multiple players get caught with PEDs in one season. In e.g. soccer a team's games (in which the caught player participated) get retroactively turned around to losses if a player gets caught using PEDs. Because of the severity of the punishment there are only very few instances of a positive test. Now whether this means that there is less PED usage is unclear but the amount of positive tests in the NFL despite amazingly lax rules is ridiculous.

Players taking PEDs are not directly tied to teams, for whatever reason. That's part of why Goodell's argument trying to equate deflategate penalties to PED usage was such an obvious non-starter.

Unless teams start losing draft picks because their players get busted for PED use, there will never be an honest equivalency here. And, if that does happen, it's not going to be retroactive.
Wouldn't it be "more probably than not" that the any given team/coach would be "generally aware" that a player is taking PEDs? Seems it'd be worth investigating, in the future (but then again, only if it happens to the Patriots :rolleyes: )

Players taking PEDs are not directly tied to teams, for whatever reason. That's part of why Goodell's argument trying to equate deflategate penalties to PED usage was such an obvious non-starter.

Unless teams start losing draft picks because their players get busted for PED use, there will never be an honest equivalency here. And, if that does happen, it's not going to be retroactive.

I agree but look what happened to the Steelers when the longtime team doctor got busted for being part of an hgh ring - NOTHING. The doctor got canned and it was quietly swept under the rug.

Really, why do you care what other people think about the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST