PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Carolina Panthers are literally THE most pathetic, hypocritical team out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'll certainly understand, if not recommend, not clicking the link to give ESPN the exposure, and I'll post the first two paragraphs, which is enough:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The last time the Carolina Panthers started a season with five straight wins, they made it to the Super Bowl against the New England Patriots.

They lost 32-29 in February 2004, although some that were with the Panthers' organization then still believe the Patriots gained an advantage by illegally taping Carolina practices prior to the title game in Houston.

Why the Carolina Panthers can win Super Bowl 50 - Carolina Panthers Blog - ESPN

Of all the teams that have whined about the Patriots, the Panthers are truly the most pathetic bunch. They have virtually ZERO evidence that anything happened at all that was unfair in any way. Their whining *****iness didn't even start until they hopped on the bandwagon earlier this year because their GM is a complete loser who is now out of football and one player thought the Patriots knew some of their plays. So, based on those non-facts, they are now on the bandwagon of "the Patriots cheated us out of a Super Bowl." As with other teams, the facts don't add up, but in this case, there really are not facts at all. Unlike some of the other teams gripes, mostly unfounded, there is not even any evidence of the Patriots taping their practice, no strange man entering their facility, no tapes alluded to, no playbooks missing. JUST. ABSOLUTELY. NOTHING. Nothing at all, except a few butt hurt hypocrites looking for someone to blame and realizing it is open season on the Patriots, so why not. Let's think back 10 years...oh yes, that's right, now that I think about it, they did know are plays. Cheaters!!!

The 2003 Patriots had one of the best defenses of all-time, finished 14-2, and yet Jake Delhomme had a career day against them in that Super Bowl. They lost the game because their idiot kicker shanked a kick out of bounds with a minute left. Following Super Bowl 38, the Panthers proved to be a complete unworthy fluke, finishing 7-9 just like the season before.

But what makes this 10x worse is that the PANTHERS, not the Patriots, were the major, unabashed cheaters in that game. In 2005, the season after the Super Bowl, three of the starting offensive linemen and six players were busted for using performance enhancing drugs during that Super Bowl. That is nearly 30% of their offense. The Patriots failed to get much pressure on Delhomme, a direct link to how their cheating did in fact directly effect the game. This is not an allegation of speculation but a proven fact that the Panthers were involved in a systematic, organizational cheating scandal, nothing resembling gamesmanship or "gray areas."

So despite, that the Panthers were cheaters and the Patriots were absolutely not, by any objective measure, their sportswriters now put a symbolic asterisk next to Super Bowl 38 with absolutely nothing to back it up and don't mention that their team systematically cheated in a way that is much, much worse than the accusations they made against the Patriots. We live in a world where losers are allowed to get away with being whining, *****ing, hypocrites and get off scott-free, whereas winners are mud-slung to the cheering of all. It's disgusting, really.

Hey Panthers,

0eaabf7e3ba4fda4d1938f19c9fc6c6e.jpg

Players taking PEDs are not directly tied to teams, for whatever reason. That's part of why Goodell's argument trying to equate deflategate penalties to PED usage was such an obvious non-starter.

Unless teams start losing draft picks because their players get busted for PED use, there will never be an honest equivalency here. And, if that does happen, it's not going to be retroactive.

Great post, they are certainly one of the whiniest, *****iest teams ever. I didn't know about the whole Panther's performance enhancing situation. Shows how hypocritical the sporting world is. Panthers, former 49ers, etc.

Great post, they are certainly one of the whiniest, *****iest teams ever. I didn't know about the whole Panther's performance enhancing situation. Shows how hypocritical the sporting world is. Panthers, former 49ers, etc.

And if we play them again, we'll win by more than 3 points....GUARANTEED.

Some teams whine...some teams win.

Players taking PEDs are not directly tied to teams, for whatever reason. That's part of why Goodell's argument trying to equate deflategate penalties to PED usage was such an obvious non-starter.

Unless teams start losing draft picks because their players get busted for PED use, there will never be an honest equivalency here. And, if that does happen, it's not going to be retroactive.
I agree that it is a bit odd, though you'd have to think it would apply to the team to some degree in this case when three offensive linemen were all using at the same time... It seems unlikely that the team was not at least "generally aware" that 3/5 of their line was on the juice.

I agree that it is a bit odd, though you'd have to think it would apply to the team to some degree in this case when three offensive linemen were all using at the same time... It seems unlikely that the team was not at least "generally aware" that 3/5 of their line was on the juice.

The Patriots lost big money and picks over something where they were actually exonerated. Generally aware is clearly not needed, if Rodger is going to be consistent.

Any player busted for PEDs needs to lead to a loss of draft picks for his team, if Roger wants to be an honest arbiter here.

Of course, the 'if' is where it all goes off the rails.

Last edited:
The Patriots lost big money and picks over something where they were actually exonerated. Generally away is clearly not needed, if Rodger is going to be consistent.

Any player busted for PEDs needs to lead to a loss of draft picks for his team, if Roger wants to be an honest arbiter here.

Funny, i thought it started going off the rails at "Roger" and went into the abyss at "honest" and "arbiter."

So despite, that the Panthers were cheaters and the Patriots were absolutely not, by any objective measure, their sportswriters now put a symbolic asterisk next to Super Bowl 38 with absolutely nothing to back it up and don't mention that their team systematically cheated in a way that is much, much worse than the accusations they made against the Patriots. We live in a world where losers are allowed to get away with being whining, *****ing, hypocrites and get off scott-free, whereas winners are mud-slung to the cheering of all. It's disgusting, really.

There was a time, really not that long ago, where people were reluctant to engage in that kind of behavior. If a coach or player made excuses why they lost, especially completely fictitious excuses, they would have been subject to ridicule.

Somehow, in the toughest, most physical sport in the world, the whiny, excuse-making mindset has become acceptable. Great job, commissioner!

Nobody seems to care if you use PED's in the NFL, in the MLB everyone loses their mind but people dont seem to view it as a thing in the NFL.

I'll certainly understand, if not recommend, not clicking the link to give ESPN the exposure, and I'll post the first two paragraphs, which is enough:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The last time the Carolina Panthers started a season with five straight wins, they made it to the Super Bowl against the New England Patriots.

They lost 32-29 in February 2004, although some that were with the Panthers' organization then still believe the Patriots gained an advantage by illegally taping Carolina practices prior to the title game in Houston.

Why the Carolina Panthers can win Super Bowl 50 - Carolina Panthers Blog - ESPN

Of all the teams that have whined about the Patriots, the Panthers are truly the most pathetic bunch. They have virtually ZERO evidence that anything happened at all that was unfair in any way. Their whining *****iness didn't even start until they hopped on the bandwagon earlier this year because their GM is a complete loser who is now out of football and one player thought the Patriots knew some of their plays. So, based on those non-facts, they are now on the bandwagon of "the Patriots cheated us out of a Super Bowl." As with other teams, the facts don't add up, but in this case, there really are not facts at all. Unlike some of the other teams gripes, mostly unfounded, there is not even any evidence of the Patriots taping their practice, no strange man entering their facility, no tapes alluded to, no playbooks missing. JUST. ABSOLUTELY. NOTHING. Nothing at all, except a few butt hurt hypocrites looking for someone to blame and realizing it is open season on the Patriots, so why not. Let's think back 10 years...oh yes, that's right, now that I think about it, they did know are plays. Cheaters!!!

The 2003 Patriots had one of the best defenses of all-time, finished 14-2, and yet Jake Delhomme had a career day against them in that Super Bowl. They lost the game because their idiot kicker shanked a kick out of bounds with a minute left. Following Super Bowl 38, the Panthers proved to be a complete unworthy fluke, finishing 7-9 just like the season before.

But what makes this 10x worse is that the PANTHERS, not the Patriots, were the major, unabashed cheaters in that game. In 2005, the season after the Super Bowl, three of the starting offensive linemen and six players were busted for using performance enhancing drugs during that Super Bowl. That is nearly 30% of their offense. The Patriots failed to get much pressure on Delhomme, a direct link to how their cheating did in fact directly effect the game. This is not an allegation of speculation but a proven fact that the Panthers were involved in a systematic, organizational cheating scandal, nothing resembling gamesmanship or "gray areas."

Which is why I would love a rematch with the Panthers in SB 50 if both teams win their respected conferences! The bulletin board material would be endless!

Apparently "some" in the Panthers organization did not watch that Super Bowl. Did those fictional tapes cause the Panthers punter kick the ball out of bounds? Did those tapes help Adam Vinatieri kick the winning field goal?

Try having them in your division! I can't say enough about what a pathetic, whiny bunch of hypocrities they are ... and what's worse, they act as entitled as if they'd won 5 or 6 Super Bowls when they haven't even won a single one. What makes it worse is they were basically given license to be competitive. When all the other expansion teams throughout history got jack squat and had to suffer through 15-20 years of awful teams just trying to catch up enough to be average - the Panthers got the benefit of the expansion draft and free agency. I loathe that entire organization from their greedy snot-nose owner (the bastard who invented the PSL) to their laptop-stealing attention whore grandstanding POS quarterback and even Thomas Davis who has overcome a ton of injuries and is one hell of a player but has ruined every bit of goodwill he could ever have because he is one of the dirtiest players alive. F that bunch of clowns and the horse they rode in on, if there's any justice in the universe, it'll all blow up in their face sooner or later.

The Patriots lost big money and picks over something where they were actually exonerated. Generally aware is clearly not needed, if Rodger is going to be consistent.

If Panther fans want to point fingers, they can start with John Fox. His decision to chase points early in that game by going for two cost them in the end.

Forgotten by almost all is that the only reason that the game was even close was because the Patriots, if I recall correctly, were without three of their four starting defensive backs during the second half. If Carolina fans and media can play a phantom 'cheating card', then I'll play a more legitimate 'injury card'.

The worst part is their claim is demonstrably false. Their halftime adjustment resulted in being shut out in the third quarter.

There was a time, really not that long ago, where people were reluctant to engage in that kind of behavior. If a coach or player made excuses why they lost, especially completely fictitious excuses, they would have been subject to ridicule.

Somehow, in the toughest, most physical sport in the world, the whiny, excuse-making mindset has become acceptable.

I call it "Coltification"
I used to call it "Polianization" but it did not stop when that POS was canned/retired

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST