PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 Prospect Thread

Another tweet:

Im tellin yall, this dude is a really advanced DE. RT @JeffMyersJr: @ECStoner Wow look at that hand usage by Carradine.

If you are on twitter and interested in the draft, you really should be following @ecstoner

Manx am I losing it? I swore I watched a Baylor game earlier this season and there was a black guy playing QB. Now I'm watching vs TT and it's a white guy playing QB. So I looked up all the QBs on Baylor's roster and there are no black guys. What am I missing?

Manx am I losing it? I swore I watched a Baylor game earlier this season and there was a black guy playing QB. Now I'm watching vs TT and it's a white guy playing QB. So I looked up all the QBs on Baylor's roster and there are no black guys. What am I missing?

Were you watching RGIII highlights? :) :bricks:

Were you watching RGIII highlights? :) :bricks:

No, I think it was a different team I'm thinking of.

I didn't know Terrance Williams was a 5th year senior. That really kills his value IMO.

Last edited:
No, I think it was a different team I'm thinking of.

I didn't know Terrance Williams was a 5th year senior. That really kills his value IMO.
why?

on a side note, I am fully on the Zach Boren bandwagon.

I watched Ohio State v. Michigan with huge Michigan fans, they weren't happy with the outcome.

Last edited:
Interesting sleeper from Tony Pauline's latest risers and sliders:

Vinston Painter/OL/Virginia Tech: Painter, who began his Virginia Tech career on the defensive line, has shown terrific development since moving into the starting line-up this season. His athleticism and ability to block on the move has attracted the attention of scouts. Painter's game comes with a large upside and the ability to line up at tackle or guard enhances his value for the next level.

Stedman Bailey, Zach Line climb NFL draft boards - Tony Pauline - SI.com

Here's a little background on Painter:

Virginia Tech OTs Nick Becton and Vinston Painter finally get their shot - Hokies Journal - The Washington Post

Kid moved from DT to RG to RT. Could he be this year's Senio Kelemete?

Very bad break for a kid who's going to be a very good player. May make him a bargain value ... we'll have to see how it goes.

Very tough break. The injury was to his right knee so he should probably switch to the left side when he gets healthy. It will be easier. Know any team that needs a LDE?

Very tough break. The injury was to his right knee so he should probably switch to the left side when he gets healthy. It will be easier. Know any team that needs a LDE?

Carradine had traditionally played LDE prior to this year. He was moved to the right side when Brandon Jenkins went down. He shouldn't have much trouble if he switches back, regardless.

It will be interesting to see how much this affects him. The Pats don't have a lot of picks, but Carradine could be a definite value pick in the Brandon Spikes, Aaron Hernandez, Alfonzo Dennard, Marcus Cannon mold.

In light of the Rapaport/Brady thread on the main board, if Brady is here for another four or five years, I wouldn't mind taking Collin Klein in the 7th to see whether he can become anything. Has Patriots intangibles in spades.

Last edited:
Poz has missed 6 games in the last 5 years. 16, 12, 14, 16, 10/10 this year. 58/64 is pretty durable to me. Not sure what you're measuring stick is. Mayo has missed 5 as a comparision.

Paul Posluszny Stats - Jacksonville Jaguars - ESPN

Sean Lee got hurt so he's not any good? You mean once a player misses a big part of a season they aren't good any more or what? He missed 3 games in his first two years. He had a better year last season than any Patriot lb has had in a while.

Posluszny missed parts of other games during that 5 year stretch. That's what you so conveniently over-look.

Please show me where I said Sean Lee wasn't good. That's right. You can't.

Again, you over-react to things you think are being said instead of just taking them at face value. The reality is that a guy who has had 3 knee surgeries on the same knee is going to be a major injury liability. That is all that was said.

BTW, I am calling BS on your claim that the same sort of things were said about Posluszny, Lee and Connor when they were coming out. The only injury that Posluszny had in college was partial tears of the PCL and MCL that didn't require surgery. Other than that, he was healthy. Same with Dan Connor. Only injury he had was a broken bone in his hand that didn't cost him any time.

The only one of the three that had an injury concern was Sean Lee after he tore his ACL in Spring of 2008. He missed the 2008 college season. He came back strong in 2009 and put up good numbers.

So, I'm not sure how they are relevant to the conversation considering that Mauti will have had 3 knee surgeries. No, they aren't his fault, but his long term durability will be in question. And it's not like what Mackenzie said for ratings is anything surprising. 6-7th round is where other sites had Mauti before the injury. With the injury, he'll be lucky to be drafted at all. Especially since he won't be healthy enough to participate in the Combine or any Pro-Day activities.. well maybe the bench press and interviews.

You mean, other than the Pats?

The QB class doesn't look too hot this year maybe Mallet gets flipped and we sign Cassel back on the cheap.

One for my own diary. SDSU will play BYU in the Poinsettia Bowl on Dec 20th. Ziggy Ansah and Leon McFadden on opposing sides.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back