PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That long bomb with 6:00 to go in the 4th...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand going for the killshot but that was like taking it while loaded with blanks. :mad:

Brady is trying to live up to his hype. He needs a slap and to be reminded this is a team sport and it is not about him and his legend. His play was very self centered today.

Utter nonsense.

It was just an attempt to catch the Ravens by surprise and go for the kill. Im guessing Brady and O'Brien thought Ravens would play run.

Brady is not really the best when it comes to throwing deep....But yea he should not have thrown that. Surprised we won...surprised he stunk

Can't blame BOB for making the call. That was all on TFB for throwing into double coverage (maybe triple). Very unBrady like, but I forgive him.

Dr. Pain. Please use your brain prior to posting. It works better that way.

It can wait until next year, after the Patriots get a legitimate medium-deep receiver.

Hopefully through free agency, as their track record with drafting wide receivers is rather abysmal over the last few years.

-Jamman

That was a ******ed decision. We finally get a turnover and turn it right back over. We should have played small ball and tried to take a slow methodical drive downfield to eat clock. Brady was off his game and hope he can have a talk with Tom Martinez about the game.

Dr. Pain. Please use your brain prior to posting. It works better that way.

Hey the reality is TFB has not been great under real pressure in quite a while and I believe it is because he has been trying to live up to the legend rather than play the game that is available. You don’t like that I am saying it but I don’t like that I am seeing it.

Can't blame BOB for making the call. That was all on TFB for throwing into double coverage (maybe triple). Very unBrady like, but I forgive him.

Although I don't know if I would call that play when a long drive (in terms of time off the clock) could have iced the game even if they didn't come away with more than 3 points, it was more on Brady who should have known Slater didn't have the jump on the guy and either threw it away or gone for another option.

Was texting back and forth with my freind from PA during the game and just said "There is your new Penn State coach, buddy. Get used to headscratchers like that."

After I stopped cursing at my TV, of course.

Hopefully through free agency, as their track record with drafting wide receivers is rather abysmal over the last few years.

-Jamman

What's semi-scary is that the Patriots are in position to win a Super Bowl with a lousy defense, no deep offensive ability, and an offense built around a slot receiver and the tight end position.

There's no way in hell they should be in the Super Bowl, but that's exactly where they are.

Was texting back and forth with my freind from PA during the game and just said "There is your new Penn State coach, buddy. Get used to headscratchers like that."

After I stopped cursing at my TV, of course.

Penn State will have someone capable of threatening coverage deeper than 15 yards downfield.

-Jamman

Odds are pretty good that Brandon Lloyd will be a Patriot next season. He wants to go here because he and probably most teams know that he only really performs well under McDaniels.

What's semi-scary is that the Patriots are in position to win a Super Bowl with a lousy defense, no deep offensive ability, and an offense built around a slot receiver and the tight end position.

There's no way in hell they should be in the Super Bowl, but that's exactly where they are.

Lousy defense my ass. That theme has been laid to rest. Same with the "haven't beat a winning team" garbage.

Pats are 15-3. You don't get to the Super Bowl with a lousy defense. They have had terrific defense the past 2 weeks which is ALL that counts.

More to the point it didn't appear to play the situation, which has been the Patriots mantra under BB.

IDK, it ends the game if you hit it, and an incomplete leads to a run and a 3rd down pass.
I don't think the call was bad, but Brady's read was.

It was a good play call IMO, horrible decision by Brady to force it. Throw it away and 2nd and 10 try something else. He pressed bigtime on both picks, overall though he did good enough to win. Will probably have to be better in the super bowl

Horrible call......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes