PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That long bomb with 6:00 to go in the 4th...

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont discuss it here , and please dont say it was drewesque... cause you will be looked upon with gall and how dare you compare tom brady to drew bledsoe...look i love tom brady, but that play with 6 min left could have sealed that game and the miss fg should have not come into play... but credit to the defense who came up when they needed to...

after the turnover I was saying; ok just give it to bennie a bit, then welker then gronk just like the last 2 drives; burn up 5 min and put up a 7 spot and then these punks will be crying in their beers.....huh....WHATwhat the f was THAT????

situationally; that was a stupid call.

they had just had several long drives that burned up clock and came away with at least 3 pts each.

on D; they were giving up yards in big chunks. If you score 7 in 10 secs and go up by 10; leaving 5:30 on the clock - All you are doing is challenging the other team to "Just keep chuckin it and move a little faster. BUT YOU HAVENT ICED ANYTHING. You leave too much time.

based on those two realities; throwing for all the marbles was just dumb. And that is without going into the whole 5' whatever mathew slater with a CB and 2 safeties in the area.

It was a bad play, but a understandable play call.

Throw a bomb down the field to stretch a defense that's been playing to the line.

hated the result but i liked the call.

I was thinking the SAME thing!! We just got a KEY interception from Spikes, we had time on our side AND all we had to do was move the ball a little bit and grab a couple first downs! This whole game was really weird to me. Brady seemed off. That awful playcall. The non-challenge of the Gronk sideline catch that would have been a first down etc. That being said, what an incredible game for the D line and especially Big Vince!! I say lets put this game(the bad plays at least) behind us and ENJOY BEING AFC CHAMPS AGAIN!!!!

First off, YEAH!! SUPERBOWL BABY!!!! WHOOO!! Defense played great, we had some lucky breaks. Whatever it takes to win.

That said...

What the HELL.... *HELL* was with that long bomb pass to SLATER with 6 minutes to go in the 4th after the Pats interception?

Was that not the single most stupid play you've ever seen called? Brady was clearly off all day, and so he's going to throw long to a special teamer?

All we needed to do was march it down for a few first downs, and instead we're throwing dangerous passes?

Awful play. Awful decision on Brady's part.

Yeah, Brady and the O did everything they could to blow this game.
Just brutal!!
Fortunately the D made some key plays and the hand of Myra Kraft pushed that tying FG wide left. :D
The way I figure it Brady is long overdue for a big game against a good team in the playoffs. It's been years......
(Sorry Broncos but you don't count because you're not a good team)

One Word: Screen??

Did not see a WR Bubble screen or RB Screen all day

Why???

after the turnover I was saying; ok just give it to bennie a bit, then welker then gronk just like the last 2 drives; burn up 5 min and put up a 7 spot and then these punks will be crying in their beers.....huh....WHATwhat the f was THAT????

they had just had several long drives that burned up clock and came away with at least 3 pts each.

on D; they were giving up yards in big chunks. If you score 7 in 10 secs and go up by 10; leaving 5:30 on the clock - All you are doing is challenging the other team to "Just keep chuckin it and move a little faster. BUT YOU HAVENT ICED ANYTHING. You leave too much time.

based on those two realities; throwing for all the marbles was just dumb. And that is without going into the whole 5' whatever mathew slater with a CB and 2 safeties in the area.

Bad play. First Brady should have seen the deep coverage.
Second, WHY SLATER? He is awful as a WR! Should have had Hernandez at the very least. He is tall and good hands..

Dopey play. IMO

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Just yes to all this. You and I were saying the exact same thing after the Spikes INT. I was so stunned by the play I couldn't even focus on anything up to the 4th down stop. And even then I was like, huh. WTF.

There was no excuse for it. If I was unlucky enough to be a mediot you bet that would be my question.

It was a bad play, but a understandable play call.

Throw a bomb down the field to stretch a defense that's been playing to the line.

hated the result but i liked the call.

After 539 posts, you finally wrote one I agree with:D:D

Bad call, bad execution. Matthew Slater? Double coverage? Come on.

I threw a stuffed animal into the wall when Moore missed the tackle on 3rd down, and then kicked the same toy after that bomb.

Anyhoo, we won!

So sorry Ravens, enjoy the summer.

Bad call and even worse execution. Besides one drive there were only a handful of other plays where the offensive game plan wasn't baffling. The offense was working well when it was balanced, but they refused to take advantage of that.

Bad call, bad execution. Matthew Slater? Double coverage? Come on.

I threw a stuffed animal into the wall when Moore missed the tackle on 3rd down, and then kicked the same toy after that bomb.

Anyhoo, we won!

So sorry Ravens, enjoy the summer.

Moore redeemed himself bigtime though.

First off, YEAH!! SUPERBOWL BABY!!!! WHOOO!! Defense played great, we had some lucky breaks. Whatever it takes to win.

That said...

What the HELL.... *HELL* was with that long bomb pass to SLATER with 6 minutes to go in the 4th after the Pats interception?

Was that not the single most stupid play you've ever seen called? Brady was clearly off all day, and so he's going to throw long to a special teamer?

All we needed to do was march it down for a few first downs, and instead we're throwing dangerous passes? My parents were laughing at me I was freaking out..

Awful play. Awful decision on Brady's part.

Yes I was beside myself... throwing into triple coverage with mathew slater.. I thought that was the game.

Last edited:
Were TB or BB questioned about it in their respective PCs?

Yes I was beside myself... underthrowing into triple coverage with mathew slater.. I thought that was the game.

Fixed. If it was earlier in the game and Brady was playing well this call makes sense. Late in a game where your QB has played like Brady has... I know he's their best player and they have to trust him, but that's pushing it. As others said even if it had worked it doesn't accomplish terribly much.

I thought the play was too easy to guess: going for the big play right after a crucial turnover. And like others mentioned, the Ravens were prepared for the personnel...

Yeah, when I saw that play I was like..."why aren't you running the ball??"

Troy Brown: "Brady is supposed to check-down to a closer WR when he sees Slater triple covered down the field"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes