PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you, St. Louis!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the game on my iPhone play by play. If anyone watched this live, I'd love to know if the Rams mimicked the Pats game plan against Manning.
They got at least one pressure by looping a wide DE over the center ala Ayers on 4th down. I was watching red zone, so i didnt see the whole game.

I followed the game on my iPhone play by play. If anyone watched this live, I'd love to know if the Rams mimicked the Pats game plan against Manning.

On one of the 4th down plays where they sacked Manning, they did the exact same thing up front bringing Robert Quinn inside with a stunt. Exactly how Ayers got his sack on Manning. I couldn't believe it worked again!:eek:

does this matter if we fail to defeat the colts? it's hard to beat a team on the road, much less a solid team like indy with luck.

we're getting a little too confident. threads like this might bite us in a few hours. lol

The hit on Sanders was brutal, though completely legal. The refs blew that call by flagging the defender for the hit. Denver was talking concussion, but it looked to me more like he was going to have a hell of a lot of tape around his ribs for the next few weeks.

Welker took another couple of big hits today too. As usual, Peyton had no regard at all for his receiver's safety and consistently led them into traffic as if he wanted to punish them for some infraction against his Godhood. He's going to ruin someone's career, physically, before he retires. Football is a rough sport and physically demanding, but there's no need for the consistent danger that Manning puts his receivers into.

As much as I despise Jeff Fisher, he took what New England did and modified it for his own players and stuck with his game plan. It not only looked like the Patriot's plan against the Broncos, but also like New England's game plan against the Ram's receivers in SB 36. They put the hammer down on every guy that was targeted, whether he caught the ball or not, and by the 3rd quarter, a LOT of Denver's receivers were hearing footsteps.

It was a good game and I am hoping that New England pulls out a win tonight against the Colts. If they do, I'd feel pretty good about the rest of the season.
He nearly got Caldwell killed with 3 minutes left forcing him to go high and expose himself to a brutal hit.

You can thank Robbie @Rob0729 for bringing the good juju. He had that one nailed.

I admittedly thought he was crazy with the change of QBs etc for STL, but their defense is tough. Definitely a very strong front seven.

When will the "Manning is getting old/done" talk start? 3 games in a row with multiple INTs.

You just have to remember when you are a Pats' fan, the homer view is usually the right view. :D

And the media will spin it that Peyton losing Julius Thomas and Sanders is why Manning and the offense sucked today. Unlike Brady, they will make excuses for him.

Last edited:
big loss for denver. However, KC has me a bit worried since they have the tie breaker over us. I think they can possibly win out their schedule. Pats can't afford to lose any more games.

Absolutely 0% chance of this happening. KC will top out at 11-5.

KC blew their wad beating us as so many other teams have done over the years.

This loss couldn't have happened to a more deserving fanbase, IMO.

does this matter if we fail to defeat the colts? it's hard to beat a team on the road, much less a solid team like indy with luck.

we're getting a little too confident. threads like this might bite us in a few hours. lol

There's only one thing left to do..

35qkgh.jpg

I saw one play where they looped from the left and ran up the middle for a sack ala Hackeem (sp?)...so maybe a bit.

Seriously, I've been watching NFL network for an hour --- NO Denver/Rams highlights. WTH?
Are they using the theory " If we don;t talk about it, it didn't happen?" theory?

Seriously, I've been watching NFL network for an hour --- NO Denver/Rams highlights. WTH?
Are they using the theory " If we don;t talk about it, it didn't happen?" theory?
Is that kind of like the Department of Redundancy Department?

Is it me or does Manning expose his receivers to concussions frequently with his passes? Welker, now Sanders. I blame him.

I feel dirty. On the one hand, I know that concussions aren't good for players.

On the other hand, seeing the replay of Sanders getting lit up by McLeod was a thing of beauty, and the fact that it happened to a member of those piece of s**t, dirty scumbag Broncos made it even better.

I just watched random parts of the game for 5 minutes, since I already knew the result:

It's obviously a bad move to give Manning the ball with 4th and 5 at the end of the game with a minute left to tie the game down by 3 and you're in field goal range. Think about that. It would be better to try a 55 yard kick in the dome, to tie, right? Stupid to go for it on 4th, right?

Now realize what really happened. How much stupider is the same call with one minute to go in the first quarter? Down just 0 - 3?

Rams made a stop and scored a TD on their next play: 0 - 10.

and another random 5 minute excerpt:

"Manning forced to get rid of it... almost intercepted!" "....and put Manning into desperation mode..." "An early throw, and not a Bronco in the neighborhood."

Last edited:
OK i am still awake here 4.15 am waiting for our game to start. Denver losing got me so excited i couldn't get a short nap ,,,,,so this game now is even bigger. Win tonight and i am sure we get home field. Lets go Pats. Good luck all.

I feel dirty. On the one hand, I know that concussions aren't good for players.

On the other hand, seeing the replay of Sanders getting lit up by McLeod was a thing of beauty, and the fact that it happened to a member of those piece of s**t, dirty scumbag Broncos made it even better.
I just saw a replay of the hit. I swear I saw flag fly past just moments before the hit even happened.....WTF! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back