Welcome to PatsFans.com

Terrell Pryor

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by PonyExpress, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Anyone watching the Army High School all star game? This kid has unbelievable talent. #1 recruit in country. A Vince Young/Michael Vick hybrid. Hasn't committed anywhere yet.
  2. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I know he was the first guy Rich Rodriguez called when he went to Michigan.
  3. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Woods was considered one of the top HS recruits in the nation (if not the top recruit) when he signed with Michigan...

For that reason I still hold out some hope his overwhelming amount of talent/potential will eventually come to the surface, but it's pretty obvious he never lived up to that potential at Michigan, and hasn't done all that much as a pro (to this point).

The point? Yea, that kid looks awsome coming out of HS, but come see me in a few years if he's still playing that good, and I'll take notice.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  4. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 8 / -1

Saw him play in person at our state championships 3 weeks ago. He played at a small school. Caliber of competition not great. But, he played qb and s primarily. But, he punted, kicked off, returned kicks and punts. Occassionally he'd line up at lb,de or cb on defense. Wr and rb on offense. He ran for 3, threw one and caught a td in state championship game. On one of the other td's his team returned a punt for td and he flattened the last guy who had a shot at the other return guy. Stunning athletic ability. One of the plays on defense he leaped over the C a la Lavar Arrington. Not sure how he's going to develop as a qb. But, I wish he was going to PSU. I know why he's not. Archaic offensive system and a coach who should retire. But, I will be interested in following his career.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.