PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow working on zone-read plays in practice (EDIT: and "catching passes" too)

/headshake

Have you been hitting the Scotch or something ?

I'll try to make it easier.

Joker basically said "I'd love it if Belichick used Tebow to embarrass toe sniffing degenerjet (Rex).

I then replied going over the top even further. 4 TDs in the first half for Brady, and then 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs in the second half for Tebow. And for good measure, throw in 8 2 pt conversions for Tebow as well.

Having Tebow as the QB for an entire half, throwing for 280 yds and 2 TDs as well as running for 120 yards and 2 more TDs, along with 8 2pt conversions would be a hell of a lot more embarrassing for Rex and the Jets than if Tebow came in and converted a 4th and goal from the 1 for a single TD.

HELLO ? You missed the part where it was HYPERBOLE, strangely enough, even after I said "IT WAS HYPERBOLE".

Don't get me wrong. I'm more than happy to engage in a serious and factual discussion about Tebow. But do you understand that the previous posts that you have questioned weren't intended to be taken as factual or as a prediction ??

I'd like to clear that up before continuing, just so that we are on the same page of reality.

So you did not read my response... not surprised at all.

Seems that Bill isn't the only one who feels this way. :) I'd absolutely love it if Tebow was somehow involved in destroying the Jets.

Here's the stat line that would make my day:

TBrady (1st Half). 20-25, 360 Yds, 4 TD's, 0 INTs.
Tebow (2nd Half). 18-25, 280 Yds, 2 TD's, 0 INTs, PLUS 10 Rushes, 120 Yds, 2 TDs.

For good measure, throw in 8 2 pt conversions for Tebow as well.

I get what you're saying in this post, so here's something a little more realistic that will have the same impact.

Tebow lines up on defense. Pick 6 off Mark Sanchez.

That is all.

640 Passing yards.. that is about 100 yards more than the existing record.

60 plays involving QB's... that is not a very balanced attack.

And that doesn't even include the fact that for Tebow to complete 18 passes, he's going to have to throw around 45, not 25. :eek:

It COULD top the "Buffumble!" game and send the Rats back in their holes for another five years. I'm 100% on board for ANYTHING that humiliates this disgusting profanity of a franchise.

Nothing will ever top the buttfumble . It will stand as a monument of incompetence for all time .
In the far future millions of years from now , when mankind has either become extinct or moved on from the earth , the only proof that humanity ever existed will be mount Rushmore ( based on location and type of rock) and an endless loop of the buttfumble playing somewhere .

So you did not read my response... not surprised at all.

I read your post. I'm saying that before discussing it, I wanted to be sure that you finally understood that the previous posts were hyperbole.

Why? Because even your second post was a reply and argument based off of what was said in a HYPERBOLIC post.

Here's an example:

Demo: Moon is made of green cheese.
Daryl: That's silly, it couldn't possibly be made of cheese.

Demo: I know Daryl, it was a joke.
Daryl: Everybody has different opinions, and mine were essentially based on what I learned in school.. the moon is made of rock.

Demo: /headshake. You do understand that it was a joke, right?
Daryl: Oh, so you don't want to discuss it ? No surprise.

Demo: /Double headshake.

I read your post. I'm saying that before discussing it, I wanted to be sure that you finally understood that the previous posts were hyperbole.

Why? Because even your second post was a reply and argument based off of what was said in a HYPERBOLIC post.

Here's an example:

Demo: Moon is made of green cheese.
Daryl: That's silly, it couldn't possibly be made of cheese.

Demo: I know Daryl, it was a joke.
Daryl: Everybody has different opinions, and mine were essentially based on what I learned in school.. the moon is made of rock.

Demo: /headshake. You do understand that it was a joke, right?
Daryl: Oh, so you don't want to discuss it ? No surprise.

Demo: /Double headshake.

Will try one last time, then I am done..

This team will be comprised of 53 players + 8 on the practice squad.

On game day 46 will be active(dress), and usually the 3rd emergency QB is the "47th" player, who is dressed, but can only come in one of the QB's ahead of him are injured and come out of the game.

So any question of Tebow popping in an out of the offense, is silly talk that makes no sense... from a NFL rule point of view or timing offense point of view.

On game day 46 will be active(dress), and usually the 3rd emergency QB is the "47th" player, who is dressed, but can only come in one of the QB's ahead of him are injured and come out of the game.

So any question of Tebow popping in an out of the offense, is silly talk that makes no sense... from a NFL rule point of view or timing offense point of view.

But the premise of the joke, the entire context of posts (including posts by others) leading up to the joke, was BB deciding to activate Tebow for the second game of the season against the Jets. The idea behind the joke being that BB wants to stick to the Jets, and does something different on that week than any other. People started speculating different ways he could do that, again joking.

It was in that context that a statline of 64 points, 640 passing yards was posted. You're throwing off a weird vibe because you're sort of ignoring the context and launching into a separate, serious discussion of whether Tebow will be on the active gameday roster.

Hey,
I just re-read the title of this thread.
Isn't Tebow doing just what Gisele said Tommy needed to do???

Flutie suffered from overly conservative, unimaginative coaching as a Bear and in his first stint as a Patriot

Patriots quarterback Tim Tebow connects with fans with his signing of autographs - Sports - The Boston Globe

Small excerpt from an awesome article. Click link above for more info.

"After a practice under the lights at Gillette Stadium last Saturday, Tebow stayed nearly 45 minutes to sign. He was one of the last players off the field."

“It’s a very little thing that can go a long way,” Tebow said. “I know, because when I was a young boy and I got Danny Wuerffel’s autograph, or Emmitt Smith’s autograph, what it meant to me. You want to be a good role model, someone that a young boy or young girl can look up to.”

That rule was changed two years ago. The 3rd stringer can now come in and play and the starter can return.

The No. 3 quarterback will no longer be an “emergency” inactive player.

In other words, a team can insert its third-string quarterback for a short period at any point in the game, then take him out and put the starter back in. Previously, the first and second quarterbacks couldn’t re-enter the game if the No. 3 quarterback played before the fourth quarter.

Nothing will ever top the buttfumble . It will stand as a monument of incompetence for all time .
In the far future millions of years from now , when mankind has either become extinct or moved on from the earth , the only proof that humanity ever existed will be mount Rushmore ( based on location and type of rock) and an endless loop of the buttfumble playing somewhere .

Why hasn't ESPN done a sports science on that play yet?

Flutie suffered from overly conservative, unimaginative coaching as a Bear and in his first stint as a Patriot

And the Bills have never been the same since Flutie was benched for Rob Johnson up there...

Why hasn't ESPN done a sports science on that play yet?

because Woody's johnson is firmly planted in their collective posteriors...FESPN has been pro Rats/anti Pats since 2006

Cool......

I'm excited to watch Teebs tonight. Maybe he'll surprise us and look good or maybe he'll look awful, either way I'll be entertained.

Watching timmy tonight should prove entertaining

Yup. It certainly looked like zone-read plays for Tebow in that game....

...not to mention that pistol-esq formation. I'd have to look at it again, but The slot receiver would be motioned into the backfield (i believe, *if* there was a DB covering him) to create an imbalance....

Hmmm. Interesting.

I guess Gresh and Zolak were on the money when they reported it from camp!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back